Game Times NC ISA State Championships

The Natural

I love cookies
On the ISA website it has New River Welding in D. If thats the case we should be with Strech19 in E Rec........

#2 @ infield

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow ISA I thought at one time was keeping it pretty fair guess that's out the window. When they going to start a rec or F class so we can play in it.

whogotz

dilligaf?
Are you guys having any good results with the upper E and lower E split?
We have the same problem with having a C program in Florida.

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
sadly, they would have had enough for a decent "C" state this weekend. I know Briggs and Friendly's/SOL were looking to play (but dropped due to lack of teams). RDU, TNR and Team Collision are all C teams, but all played D this weekend. Move those teams to C, and take some of the D teams that were allowed to drop to E (Buchanon Stone/Del Rays, New River Welding, etc...) and you still had enough for a solid D Tourney.

One of the guys from New River Welding TOLD us that a director (not naming names) called them and told them they couldn't compete in the D this weekend, so they were given the option to play E (after playing D in all sanctions, all year). What a f*cking joke...

Let me say this. I'm glad we got to play against some solid C teams this weekend (finished 3rd in the D). It was a great experience and it will only make us better in the long run (we cut 2 solid teams and lost to 2 "C" teams by 6 and 3, respectively). After all, those are the teams you're going to have to go through to win a world. Would have been nice to win the patch this weekend, but at least we know we were the best "D" team out there.

The problem is the directors. Directors...stop trying to be buddy buddy with teams and be their friend. So, they won't play if they have to play up? Screw 'em. One team dropping isn't going to kill your tourney. Hell, more teams might play if they know they're gonna against a level playing field (there were quite a few no shows this weekend)

Last edited:

#2 @ infield

Addicted to Softballfans
thats crazy i thought ISA did a good job last year on having teams play where they should. The worlds in E looked pretty fair to me but now i didnt see everyone. Guess they not going to be that way this year oh guess they trying to keep with with utrip

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
E...
1st - Evercast Lures
2nd - New River Welding / Stovepipe
3rd - Del Rays / Buchanon Stone

D...
1st - RDU Crossfit
2nd - Team Collision (Tennessee)
3rd - 64/70

E-Rec...who cares :)

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah...they went undefeated and none of the games were really that close. Collision took RDU to the "if" game. Not sure of the scores, though

dubby_10

Addicted to Softballfans
5 man for team collision

Crossfit beat us the first game of the tournament 25-5... We beat them by 9 the first game of the champion**** and they beat us 17-16 in the if game. They didnt have to hit in the 7th. You cant have bases loaded 2 times with no outs and score 3 runs...lol

Had a great time in Cherokee this weekend. The guy from 64/70 i like your outlook. The reason we didnt play the C is because it was an NIT. We play D in worlds and classification in TN is crazy anyways. I know this, we played 3 teams we play often during the year in the D state. I was the one who contacted the director and I was honest with him. Didnt know who crossfit was, we got beat by crossfire in the monster, and top shelf who played e this weekend is who we play with every weekend. They went 0-2 in the E.

Again, all we can do is ask to play. We do play C in TN, but every team we played in D this weekend could have a very good chance to win C states in TN. There isnt C in TN becasue there is 80 e, 80 D teams and 6 C teams. I'm sure you have the same situation. Congrats on you third place finish. It was a tough tournement. See you soon. :cool:

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
There isnt C in TN becasue there is 80 e, 80 D teams and 6 C teams. I'm sure you have the same situation.

HAHA...this made me laugh a little. In the Carolinas, we have a few C teams, like 10 D teams and 5616469461987494 E teams

dubby_10

Addicted to Softballfans
cdub team collision

Thats crazy... We play that old larrys hot dogs/ stove pipes team in panama every year it seems and they beat us and we go downt here this weekend and those guys are in E? granted were better this year than the past.

Were the defending C nsa state champs. Nsa is huge in TN and we had to appeal just to play C becasue we won the state..Its silly. We didnt play one ISA tournament all year. C doesnt make and Its all D and E. It seems like were not the only one with these issues. We play scotts lawn care alot and they are always suprised when we tell them we play d on a national level. Maybe were selling ourselves short.

Thats how GA is to. A million E teams 10 D and 3 C... Its commical i agree. Directors promise change, but it never happens. They always break up and start all over. You get punished for being together and being successful. We will see you guys at the regional here soon.. We going to aiken, so we have to go to the regional the way i understand it.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
HAHA...this made me laugh a little. In the Carolinas, we have a few C teams, like 10 D teams and 5616469461987494 E teams

This about sums it up. Oh and for the record, the guy who drag bunted against us (team Collision) is still a *****! haha jk! I was the 3b, and was just pissed off that I decided to try and throw the damn ball. So, I took it out on everyone else haha. Way to hit it guys, look forward to playing you guys again this season.

dubby_10

Addicted to Softballfans
Man its all good. When your in the middle of a game things happen. I completely know how you feel. We watch the NC guys hit and get so mad with the looping swing. I hate it, but its so affective. I hit with the guy that hit that crap at you and he works on it alot and i just laugh at him. I'm just mad bc im a fatty and speed kills!!! lol good luck to you guys and we will see ya soon