Gates Veteran

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
We are working on the timeline, however not a deadline. Please be aware of our effort to make sure the Veteran is will right the first time and every time.

Bill Gateley
[email protected]

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
If all goes well the American modernization conquest of softball will start on October 1st.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
If all goes well the American modernization conquest of softball will start on October 1st.

:confused: Considering that slowpitch is predominately an American sport to begin with that statement doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. All the technology is developed here in the US and for the most part outsourced overseas. But it seems that more and more companies are bringing it back this way anyway with the weakness of the dollar.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
America (100% made in USA) Modernization (new, modern design) Conquest (taking the lions share of the market- wishful thinging of course)

hitsone

We will hear from the bat itself very soon.[/QUOTEThat is the best speaker.
Never the less I hope you have a big release event planned.
Phoenix worlds, Huntsman type events. Gotta let the big teams see and feel. Those are the guys that will give the bat it's reputation.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat is ready, the production line is not. We are hoping to be at the ISSA in Norfolk next week.

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
I can get you a great deal on the Golden Gate Bridge!
It's Made in America.
It's been Tested and ready to go right now.
No B.S.

Last edited:

Don1952

Addicted to Softballfans
Inguiring minds would like to know

The bat is ready, the production line is not. We are hoping to be at the ISSA in Norfolk next week.

Hi Bill..........did anyone get a chance to use your core bat at Norfolk?
If so,is there any reviews on how it performed?

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a booth there however no bat to hit. Each week we make another adjustment, improvement or change to make sure our production line is the best it can be. It is long painful process and we thank you for your support.

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
Japan has made a huge recovery from the debris of the Earthquake,Tsunami and Nuclear problems that hit that country 7 months ago.
So what's taking so long for prototype or even a picture of a single bat?

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
As my Mom used to say about dinner, "it will be ready when it's ready"
We made some production changes which put the release date back....again.

50sumpin

Addicted to Softballfans
I was really hoping to have this bat for the Winter Nationals at Fort Myers Nov 11-13. As a matter of fact, I thought I'd have the "new" 2011 GBA last year in Fort Myers, having bought and paid for it on Sep 13, 2010. Still waiting though ...

T8S

Addicted to Softballfans
I was really hoping to have this bat for the Winter Nationals at Fort Myers Nov 11-13. As a matter of fact, I thought I'd have the "new" 2011 GBA last year in Fort Myers, having bought and paid for it on Sep 13, 2010. Still waiting though ...

Why wouldn't you just ask for your money back at this point? I don't understand all of you guys that are still waiting on warranty returns or just a bat for something you paid for a year ago. How do you know this "Core" bat even exists at this point?

50sumpin

Addicted to Softballfans
Why wouldn't you just ask for your money back at this point? I don't understand all of you guys that are still waiting on warranty returns or just a bat for something you paid for a year ago. How do you know this "Core" bat even exists at this point?
I did ask for my money back several months ago and Bill said he'd take care of it, but he never pulled that trigger. When the story came out they were bulding a production plant in the US, I was willing to wait (I'd rather have the bat than the money). Bill had been very good about responding to my monthly emails ... until recently.

I really wanted to give this small American company a chance, and since they actually did produce and deliver some bats I was willing to wait. Sadly, it now looks like the business has failed and I can kiss my C-note good bye.

beachbum33

Hey - I'm in the same boat and on Nov,7th I am moving to Negril, Jamaica until May,20,2012. Now with no gates Sr bat, I had to go and buy 2 Reebok EL Sr bats for my Sunday night get togethers. I do hope these bats get made fairy soon as a lot of guys are waiting - to bad for most of the colder state guys though - they cant swing for almost 7 months.

hitsone

Hey - I'm in the same boat and on Nov,7th I am moving to Negril, Jamaica until May,20,2012. Now with no gates Sr bat, I had to go and buy 2 Reebok EL Sr bats for my Sunday night get togethers. I do hope these bats get made fairy soon as a lot of guys are waiting - to bad for most of the colder state guys though - they cant swing for almost 7 months.[/QUOTE]

That's why we drive 20 hours to get to a "sunshine tourney".
More southern torneys should have Free agent or players looking lists.

Bill has always been great with me. What he is trying to do justifies the wait.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
The results will justify the means. I would like thank all the players in Myrtle Beach at the SPA tournament for all your support. It was great to meet you all, the weather was a little chilly but the games where fun to watch. We have a huge amount of names and support for what we trying to do and again we thank SPA for having us there.

Last edited: