Gates Veteran

BruceinGa

always online
You should check out hit posts on seniorsoftball.com:
http://seniorsoftball.com/?messageboard&viewby_thread=80977&message_topic_id=bats

Here are his lastest two posts:

Dec. 9, 2011
gates24
32 posts

I will update here every Friday till we are ready to ship.

Bill
Dec. 16, 2011
gates24
32 posts
We had a busy week working on the ASA model. Getting ready for lab and field testing. On the senior bat the programming is moving forward well and all indications lead to a successful launch at the Wounded Warrior/FCA game on Jan 14 in Florida.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
We are moving forward at a slow, painful and controlled pace. We are not in a hurry nor are we speeding to get bats out. Our mission is to make sure the bats are right and our production line is in top running order before we open the doors for orders or ship anything out.

backlast

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the update Bill. Hopefully we will have some bats soon. Make sure they are right the first time.

suitcase81056

SILVERBACK GORILLA
We are moving forward at a slow, painful and controlled pace. We are not in a hurry nor are we speeding to get bats out. Our mission is to make sure the bats are right and our production line is in top running order before we open the doors for orders or ship anything out.

Sweet!!!!!:)

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Texas weather is way to cold to dermo out bats in the winter Bill. I live in Negril, Jamaica all winter long until May 1st. Bring down some sticks to test and I will hook you up with a place to stay and a converted cricket field to hit on. 84 and sunny EVERY DAY.:p

TXangler

Addicted to Softballfans
We have plenty of days in the mid and upper 70's here in South TX - no need to outsource.

ok so my temps do get into the 30's at nite(tyler,tx area) with 45-65 for hi's during the day.but you need some cold weather testing to see how they hold up in the cold.:D

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Since my main residence is up in MN we can really put that cold bat test theory to a real test if you like.;)

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
We know he is in AZ. I have tested MANY bats for guys over the years in MN , HI and here in Jamaica. Mostly we are just having some fun here sir.:cool:

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
Traditional production is to wrap bats by hand, however we use a computer based process run by a highly complex software program. This is the stage that is taking the longest amount of time and is something we have to rely on outside computer engineers to work on. We were very happy with the ASA and Senior field test last week and will have another round next week. We are in the final laps and thank all those involved for your patience and understanding.

backlast

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Bill. I hope all goes well and we will be swinging a new stick soon. I am still counting on you to get it done. I know you will.
Bill
Reality Check Softball

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the heads up Bill. I hope to smoking some 50 core balls down here instead of all this ganja real soon.:D

Don1952

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi Bill........did the new core bat make it to the Wounded Warrior/FCA game on Jan 14 in Florida. If so is there any reviews??

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
The FCA/Wounded Warrior event was a huge success. However the computer issue at the factory did not allow us to have the CORE bats ready.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
we have to rely on outside computer engineers to work on.

However the computer issue at the factory did not allow us to have the CORE bats ready.

We need to resolve the computer issue before we can start production.

I feel your pain. in the 28 yrs that I have been involved with production control and program management, the hardest thing to control has always been software developement budgets and schedules. The fact you are relying on contract software engineers, well, I just shudder to imagine. Just hope you're not in a "cost plus" or "time and materials" contract with them.