Gates Veteran

CallaVett

Addicted to Softballfans
This was posted on another message boards (seniorsoftball.com) the other day:
GSC Bats
This is Steve McKinlay. I play with Demolition GSC. For the record, I partnered with Bill Gateley over a year ago, first to perfect the Veteran bat being built in China, and ultimately to build a new bat in the United States. The process of building this bat has taken far longer than we originally anticipated, but it is far better than we could have hoped for. My motivation to get in to the bat business was because I was tired of spending thousands of dollars, and seeing my teammates spend thousands of dollars, on bats that were breaking. In the last month, it was discovered that Bill Gateley had been perpetuating misrepresentations about GSC without my knowledge. Bill is now legally disassociated from GSC completely. Since Bill’s departure, I have received multiple notices of faulty GSC bats sold and promises of replacement, that I had no knowledge of. I will honor those replacements. I am continuing the manufacturing process of the new Veteran Core bat. We will introduce it by May. We are gearing up for full scale production and inventory reserves so that we are ready for sales. I will honor any bat breakage issues for any GSC bats, past and future. You may contact me directly at [email protected] but I prefer you call me on our toll free number (888) 459-7040. My hope is that you will be patient as we bring this bat to market. It is 100% made in the USA, something we all can be proud to be a part of.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Interesting... hopefully Steve comes through. Sounds kinda like what happened with that what's his name with Bass (think he was in charge of regional sales or something) that ended up getting canned.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Great. I have been waiting for over a year for my replacement. And as I live in a 3rd world country. You can just PM for my address etc. as I have given all this info and sent in my broken bat, god knows how long ago.

crawdaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
MN,
Hope it works out for you. I still have the Chinese POS that broke after 25 swings. I guess I'll send him my info and wait for another year.

MN,
Hope it works out for you. I still have the Chinese POS that broke after 25 swings. I guess I'll send him my info and wait for another year.

yeah I know that feeling I got one of the first ones the black with the flag.I waited about 4 months on it and mine cracked at the first bp around 50 too 75 swings

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I hope everything works out for those of us who purchased these bats to begin with and watched them explode in about 25 cuts or so. If this new bat can't compete with the top Sr bats out there, then I would say this new venture will be a complete failure. I love the fact that the bat will be made in the USA, but, I would rather buy a bat that performs and has good durability made anywhere in the world. At this point if these bats are not in our hands in the next 2 months - we will not see anything.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Boy o boy I can't wait for my replacement. Well, I have been waiting about a year and a half now so what's another year, right ?
Something smells a bit fishy around here.

birddog06

Addicted to Softballfans
Supposed to have a bat here is May according to Steve when I talked to him and above post. I hope all is well with release date too !

mark still have it and it has a small crack in it,a couple of the guys kind of liked it,but it has just been sitting in the back of the truck,we have put maybe 50 swings on it over what you did,still not to impressed with it tho.....where do ya play a senior tourney near me,we were in georgetown last weekend,need to get your schedule.....

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
I have one of the last 2pc veterans that was sent to me to replace the one piece that broke and I have hit it in practice maybe 100 hits and it is terrible -- I was wondering if I gave up to soon? Anyone know if this bat can be good or should I sell it or leave in closet as an antique pcs of crap.

badhopmagnet

Addicted to Softballfans
Veteran 2 piece

I feel the same way about my Veteran 2 piece. My ASA bats are better. I too only hit the 2 piece about a 100 times and find it lacking. I'll keep it as a practice bat and hope it comes alive, but I'm doubtfull.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyworg on our replacement bats yet ? Or are we out another full year ?
I would love to hear from the new guy in charge of all this , I have sent you all my info but have heard nothing back.

50sumpin

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive sent Steve 3 emails in the last month and twice kicked the thread in the SSUSA message board asking him for updates, and ... nothing.

backlast

Addicted to Softballfans
I talked to Steve on the phone about a month or so ago and he said they are on schedule for a may launch. I hope that is true. We will see.

hitsone

wish they could make one as hot as the first gba you had, and last longer than 20 swings lol.

My og one piece died last month.
I guess it really was too cold outside.
My 2 piece is behaving rather nicely tho.
Doesn't get much use as we're stuck to ASA around here

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey - who ever runs this so called company. Let's get a heads up on when we are getting our replacement bats back. This is getting a bit ridiculous . :(

ETDave

Old School
Hey - who ever runs this so called company. Let's get a heads up on when we are getting our replacement bats back. This is getting a bit ridiculous . :(

This was posted recently on the senior softball website.

This is Steve McKinlay again. I would like to clarify my position on the bat refunds. I partnered with Bill Gateley in GSC in January 2011. The bats that he sold were in 2010, prior to my involvement in the company. It did not take long before I discovered that China was NEVER going to be able to build a durable bat. In March we began to search the United States for a manufacturer. It was not until Bill Gateley was forced to exit GSC and sign over his ownership to me, and my posting as such on the Message Board, that I became aware of all these pending refunds. Bill never disclosed to me the volume of refunds he had promised. These refunds are legally not my responsibility. They are Bill Gateley's. However, because I will have a bat to offer in exchange, I am willing to do so. My goal has always been to put a good bat in the hands of senior players.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I'm still waiting for 3 bats I purchased in July of 2010. Any idea when I'm going to see them?

I'd also be fine with a refund of what I paid...