Glove break in wizards...

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
most ****'s (Richards) Sporting Goods have the Mizuno glove steamer...I have had brand new gloves game ready after one treatment.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
edge shave gel on non-colored leather, followed by warm water after the gel has been worked in

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
pure 100% lanolin. You can find it in the baby aisle.....or the skin care aisle. Lanolin is the best thing I switched to. I used to do the shaving cream route because it had lanolin in it, but lanolin is pricey, so they took it out of their products.

the fastest way to break a glove in is to soak it overnight in bull urine and then steam it in the oven...bake at about 225 farenheit for 1 hour per pound, slow and low...i use Rudy's pork rub as an additive to preserve the leather

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
Glove, ball mallet, couch, beer, tv, and bag balm.

I sit on the couch and watch tv and "play catch" with the ball mallet. Every once in a while I'll stop and have a swig of beer. About an hour of that then I put a thin coat of bag balm on the glove, put a ball in it, and get another beer.

Kaveman

Trend Setter
the fastest way to break a glove in is to soak it overnight in bull urine and then steam it in the oven...bake at about 225 farenheit for 1 hour per pound, slow and low...i use Rudy's pork rub as an additive to preserve the leather

You forgot to add four cloves of Garlic when baking..not garlic powder for the authentic smell.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans

Dont forget the Texas crutch, you have to wrap it in foil for the last hr.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Saddle soap or Nakona glove grease. Don't remember what it's called. I wipe it on, then fold it the way I like it and stack about fifty pounds of books or weights on top of it.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Aso method, then wrap it overnight with a ball in the pocket, then lots of catch. If you have kids you can knock out the catch part pretty quickly.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Wouldn't recommend this...

And your reasoning is?

I like a glove to close a certain way. When you play catch a glove tends to close across its weakest point. Sometimes that's just a natural weakness in the leather that isn't exactly where I want the hinge to be. I can buy a top grain leather glove that's hard to close with two hands and by using this method it will be game ready in 24-48hrs with absolutely no work it will close exactly the way I want it to forever. I've never bought a glove with any sort of easy break-in technology. That usually means they won't last long as far as I can tell from other people's gloves. I've never worn out a glove, but I've lost a few.

Houdini5150

Addicted to Softballfans
Put glove conditioner on it of some kind. Put a ball in the pocket. Stick it in a plastic bag. Leave it out in the sun for 45 min to hr. Keep working the pocket by hand and play catch with it.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I literally just mold mine through repeated manipulation. I typically flare my gloves so I work the pocket/web with a mallet. While doing that I repeatedly work the the thumb and pinky outward for the flare. I then stretch the top of the laces between the fingers and I also fold them down to create a curved look. I do this repeatedly over several days whenever I get a free moment. When storing the glove I will let it lie face down on a flat service fully agape. If necessary I will use Nokona conditioner but I avoid using it on certain colored gloves.

I would never recommend sleeping on or stacking things on top of the glove unless the glove is a POS and the shape doesn't matter.