Glove bros and Tobacco

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
My lady is a doctor. Having been subjected to all the images and horror stories I can't believe the stuff is still used by anyone.

Bballkking1

The Veteran
First time I dipped at about 18 I must have accidentally swallowed some juice and puked. I kept with it and used it maybe 100 times over the next few years when doing things outside. Must have swallowed some juice again and puked. Now even a whiff of the mint from a teammate makes me nauseous. I've been a garbage man and smelled rotting dead humans and mint dip is the only smell now that instantly makes me gag. Maybe I'm lucky?

Bballkking1

The Veteran
Nah, no one bothers to put bodies in the trash. They just leave them where they crumple. I won't continue on that topic.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Thank to whoever put up the Smokey Mountain suggestion.

Got my hands on some locally, and I will be sticking to this product.

Does the trick for me, and up here, it is 1/4 of the price of buying the real deal.

I've never been a Nicotine addict of any sort. But I loved my chew and dip, doing outside sports. Seeds weren't my friend and are very frowned upon on the golf course.

For years I had been saying someone needs to get on a caffeine or energy chew or dip. I found it. Taste was better than dip and lasted long during BP last night. Even had the same satisfying smooth head rush too somehow.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Good for you did you get the wintergreen, it gave me that feeling as well, I didn't get it with the original classic flavor, I might order some different flavors from their website, there are others like grinds, they are coffee pouches that offer energy as well, just heard about jakes mint chew, I tried an urbal mint before it was like licorice to me, but I think with mlb and no tobacco in the minor leagues, we will start to see more alternatives being marketed and more readily available

THESHOE

Starting Player
No wintergreen.

Got Peach, Grape, Mint (blue can) and Classic out of curiousity.

So far grape was awesome to my surprise. Peach was good, but it ain't the same peachy taste Skoal has. Mint was exactly like the Skoal flavour. Classic is yet to be tasted. I got it as I don't mind that roasty Red Man taste.

I will be ordering the pouch too. I was always a fan of the mint pouches of Skoal, but they were a tough find.

Oddly, the cans I got all say energy and the ingredients list is different than the Smokey site.

Looks like they started adding the energy drink ingredients like Guarana to the blend.

All I know, is I was in a great mood and feeling good at BP last night. And a lip lasted me about 3x as long as the Skoal would.

Then again, I have long suspected that Skoal is so uncommon here that the tins are always stale. Hard to keep justifying that $19-$21 price tag for stale Skoal.

At $5 a can, I am sticking to the Smokey Mountain as long as I can get my hands on it.

Like I said, for me, it isn't about the need or addiction to Nicotine. It's moreso about the flavour and the way you can dip while playing. Not a fan of seeds, and gum gets boring fast.

Good for you did you get the wintergreen, it gave me that feeling as well, I didn't get it with the original classic flavor, I might order some different flavors from their website, there are others like grinds, they are coffee pouches that offer energy as well, just heard about jakes mint chew, I tried an urbal mint before it was like licorice to me, but I think with mlb and no tobacco in the minor leagues, we will start to see more alternatives being marketed and more readily available

I used beach nut for a little while and red man too. Usually I used the really lite cans of snus. Then I decided I shouldn't do it anymore. Went off and on before that. Just like having a flavor pouch in my mouth while driving all day. Then I tried this after I quit. http://www.getgrinds.com

It works if you like coffee. I usually go through 1 pouch a game during softball. I'll have seeds instead too if it's a non turf field. Same at work.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
One of the dads on my son's baseball team was standing next to me at a game today with a mouth full of something brown. After watching him spit brown liquid and particles on the ground at my feet for 20 minutes, I had to walk away, it was literally making me queasy. It didn't help that the wind was blowing. Of course, I feel the same way when guys carry around a water bottle of brown juice and spit into it every 30 seconds. How do you guys ever get dates?

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
How do you guys ever get dates?

Gotta get them hooked on you before you let em know you dip. Then its too late :cool:

My wife swears shed much rather me dip than smoke. Im also very conscious about where I leave spitters as not to let her have to clean them up.

THESHOE

Starting Player
GF smokes. I am also pretty discrete with dipping unless playing ball or golf.

Got dates just fine all along, I also didn't dip everywhere I went. That could be weird if it came down to that I guess.

Gotta say, for anyone who makes a comment about someone dipping or chewing, but smokes cigarettes. At least we don't make everyone around us part take in it. I F'n hate wiffing in cigarette smoke.

I have teammates who smoke but pass comments on the dip. Pretty dumb if you ask me. At least no one has to taste my bad habit. We have to deal with smelling and tasting the awful second hand. I'll only put it in perspective like that if they pass a comment about it if they bust out the "Ewwww man that's gross."

One of the dads on my son's baseball team was standing next to me at a game today with a mouth full of something brown. After watching him spit brown liquid and particles on the ground at my feet for 20 minutes, I had to walk away, it was literally making me queasy. It didn't help that the wind was blowing. Of course, I feel the same way when guys carry around a water bottle of brown juice and spit into it every 30 seconds. How do you guys ever get dates?