glove questions

Hey guys what a good outfield glove for slowpitch? which brands and sizes do you guys like.

I've always used my baseball glove but looking to upgrade

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Should probably ask this in the Fielding Gloves section.

Most slowpitch gloves aren't an upgrade over baseball gloves, generally speaking.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There are only a few gloves marketed as "softball" gloves that are worth considering. Nokona, some Wilson A2000 models, etc. Most softball gloves are aimed at the recreational player who doesn't want to spend much cash or take time to break a good glove in.

Larger baseball gloves are the easiest/cheapest way to get good leather. You just have waaaay more options. Rawlings HOH and Pro-Preferred, Wilson A2000 and A2K, Nokona, Glovesmith, all top-notch quality. Just find one that suits your preferences.

If you're used to using a baseball glove in the OF already, any 12.75"-13.00" model will be plenty big. You just have to be careful of models that are stamped 12.75" but actually measure 12.00". People on here can help you with that if you ask about a specific model.

What exactly are you using now and what do you like/dislike about it?

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Most "slowpitch" gloves are geared towards once-a-week rec league players, and aren't that good. Any quality 12.75"-13" glove should be just fine. I don't see the need to go up the 14"+ sizes, and again those are usually cheaper gloves.

MaverickAH

Hey guys what a good outfield glove for slowpitch? which brands and sizes do you guys like.

I've always used my baseball glove but looking to upgrade

Most people just use a regular outfield glove & "train" it for softball.

If you really do want a bigger glove specifically designed for softball, there are plenty enough viable, high quality options. If you're looking for 13" & up, you have Vinci & Nokona. Even Wilson now has a couple of A2000 models designed specifically for softball. These are you best options if you're looking for a stock, high end glove. There are also plenty of mid-level options like Worth/Rawlings Liberty, Louisville Slugger Pro Flare, etc. In addition to these, you can always go the custom route. Glovesmith only offers their softball gloves as a custom option & there is a myriad of other companies that do high quality custom gloves.

I don't know where the people claiming that there are only cheap options available for softball gloves are getting their information from!

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I don't know where the people claiming that there are ONLY cheap options available for softball gloves are getting their information from!

MOST slowpitch gloves aren't an upgrade over baseball gloves, generally speaking.

MOST softball gloves are aimed at the recreational player who doesn't want to spend much cash or take time to break a good glove in.

MOST "slowpitch" gloves are geared towards once-a-week rec league players, and aren't that good.

Not one person said that there were only cheap options available for softball gloves, Maverick. I personally listed the same high-end gloves you did.

Not speaking for the other guys, but what I meant in my post was that the selection of high-end softball gloves is very limited compared to high-end baseball gloves. But that's only relevant if OP is looking for a glove that's 13" or smaller.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Wilson is the only glove maker that made one of there good gloves in a bigger softball size. Most Rawlings advertised for Slow Pitch are cheaper models. Generaly speaking there are more rec type players so many company dont bother to make a quality glove over 13". Kind of a shame if you want a bigger glove. They are harder to make and dont sell as well but, they do exist.