Gloveworks

highflyout

thinking about ordering a 1st base mitt from them. Have a few questions
Is the quality good? What is the difference if any between kip and the steer hide?
Thanks in advance

Bow Commander

Is the quality good? What is the difference if any between kip and the steer hide?
Thanks in advance
The difference between kip and steerhide is what it sounds like lol ;):D. I have one of their Game Day level gloves. It has served me very well for the price. I'd go pro steerhide next time. Don't expect A2000 quality for A1000 prices. I think they are a better option than 44 gloves.

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
spoke to them last night and my new one should be shipping next week. awesome quality and even better customer service. this will be the 2nd i've ordered and already planning more. all steerhide

I've been trying to decide between a 44 and a GW for a couple of months now, and have been meaning to ask this question for a couple of weeks. Has anyone else noticed that in GW's builder you can now select the pattern (Original Spec, Asian Spec, or Softball Spec)? If you need help deciding, they provide a hyperlink with all the different specs. All softball patterns read like this:

12.5” GS96

Traditional wrist or velcro strap

Shallow, wide pocket

Long fingers

Rounded heel shape

The Gloveworks Softball (GS) Patterns include these unique details to make a glove ideally suited to fastpitch and slowpitch players of all levels.

• Wide pocket design (extra width between index and middle finger)

• Larger pocket

• Smaller hand opening and finger slots

• Heel design is wider and flatter

• Traditional wrist strap or optional Velcro strap.

-It's the smaller hand opening and finger slots that worries me, wouldn't that make it more of a fastpitch glove for women's rather than a men's slowpitch glove? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
-It's the smaller hand opening and finger slots that worries me, wouldn't that make it more of a fastpitch glove for women's rather than a men's slowpitch glove? Thanks in advance for your answers.

I have two Gloveworks softball pattern gloves and the only differences I noticed were a wider palm and wider/flatter heel padding. Hand stall and finger slots don't feel any smaller to me than comparable Rawlings/Wilson models.

For reference I wear L/XL batting gloves and wear a batting glove inside my fielding glove.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
LOVe them! Amazing builds, padding, leather etc.
I only have the steer hide, but love it.
F

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I've been trying to decide between a 44 and a GW for a couple of months now, and have been meaning to ask this question for a couple of weeks. Has anyone else noticed that in GW's builder you can now select the pattern (Original Spec, Asian Spec, or Softball Spec)? If you need help deciding, they provide a hyperlink with all the different specs. All softball patterns read like this:

12.5” GS96

Traditional wrist or velcro strap

Shallow, wide pocket

Long fingers

Rounded heel shape

The Gloveworks Softball (GS) Patterns include these unique details to make a glove ideally suited to fastpitch and slowpitch players of all levels.

• Wide pocket design (extra width between index and middle finger)

• Larger pocket

• Smaller hand opening and finger slots

• Heel design is wider and flatter

• Traditional wrist strap or optional Velcro strap.

I wrote all those descriptions based on my observations. I have sample gloves of almost every pattern (save for a few larger GA) here that you can check out. I can send measurements if you need more info about anything you see in the written description.

GW invested heavily in making sure that these samples were available here in the US because it is hard to know exactly what you are getting since there isnt any GW on a retail shelf to try on.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i got tracking info this morning and mine should be arriving Friday. i chose a softball pattern and can let you know how it fits my hand. i'm 6'6" and 275 with xl-xxl batting gloves.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks in advance
My 12.25" I-web glove I got from Dan was perfect! No flaws whatsoever, beautiful color tan (I recommend Midnight tan in steerhide ;)), and the best lace I've ever owned in a ball glove! Order with confidence!
thumbnail (10).jpg thumbnail (15).jpg

Thank you Dan and everyone else. And no, I haven't seen anyone complaint about the measurements, but I wasn't sure if this was a new thing and it would be applicable to new custom orders, but if these have been the measurements all along for Softball patterns, it should be OK based on everyone else's experience.

Dan one last quick question, just to be 100% sure: the GS96 Softball Spec is a 12.5 right? It comes up as 12.25 in the builder. Thanks again!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Thank you Dan and everyone else. And no, I haven't seen anyone complaint about the measurements, but I wasn't sure if this was a new thing and it would be applicable to new custom orders, but if these have been the measurements all along for Softball patterns, it should be OK based on everyone else's experience.

Dan one last quick question, just to be 100% sure: the GS96 Softball Spec is a 12.5 right? It comes up as 12.25 in the builder. Thanks again!
The GS96 I have is marked 12 1/2". The numbers go sequentially from "90" = 11" to "100" = 14"