Gold Dot Extreme vs Thunder ZN

• Thunder ZN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Dot Extreme

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Which Classic M are you choosing for summer league and why? I know they'll both be rolled up socks in the summer heat but our league requires Classic Ms.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Gold Dot Extremes are easily the best classic Ms I've seen if you're looking for very hard balls. In the heat they don't soften much. However, Gold Dot Extremes trash bats pretty fast. They are noticeably better than ZN classic Ms.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn, I just couldn't pass up the 20% discount and free shipping for the ZNs so i ordered 2 dozens. I've used both in the past with good results just not close enough to each other to recall a huge gap in performance.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Our One Nation league uses their stamped version of the Gold Dot Extremes. They get a little mushy in high heat and humidity, but still fly out. We used Demarini Razos last year, and I prefer the Gold Dots by a lot.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn, I just couldn't pass up the 20% discount and free shipping for the ZNs so i ordered 2 dozens. I've used both in the past with good results just not close enough to each other to recall a huge gap in performance.
The difference used to be huge. Last year the gap seemed to be noticeably smaller with the gold dots coming back down to earth. I've not heard a Suncoast style "out of spec" kind of rumor about them, but that's what it feels like to me.

I haven't hit zns in awhile though. I'm just judging the older syco worth vs the newer pro comps that suspiciously have the same model number.