Gold Launch vs newer bats ??

Softball.com:

Esquilax

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi guys,

I had a Gold Launch and really liked it but it blasted off at the end of the season. I'm looking to replace it so I'd like to get some comparison between the Launch vs the new RBK Melee, 13 Demarini Sr.1, the newer Worths or the new Combats. Wich one will be closer in pop, distance and feel.

Anybody out there have swung much of these bats and can give some feedback about most of these.

Thanks

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Reebok for me. I have an Og Ultra II, Worth XXX and the Combat Ambush and the Reebok stands out for me.

morat1959

For me......

OG U2, Ambush and EL Legend top the list. Can't go wrong with any of these. I also liked the OG Launch but got 5 cuts out of 1 and less than 50 cuts out of another before I gave up on them .

Esquilax

Addicted to Softballfans
Thx, I'd love to go with the ultra but our league banned all those sweet mikens...

I guess I've been lucky with mine as It lasted 3 season. Pretty sure it was close to the 1000 hits when it blew up. Even then, the barrel was still going fine, the handle collapse right before the taper. Gotta admit I'm not a big masher though. ;)

6BALL

plumber/pipe fter red #6
reebok/white combat/ambush/and the combat twilight i got them all and there all good to me thet out hit the miken uII thats my opinion.

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
The og. gold launch hits head to head with my og. U1,Geezer,Balanced Reebok,og.U2.
Can't say anything negative thats why I have a hefty inventory of og. launches on hand if need be.

Major+

The ambush gets a slight lead since it has the biggest sweet spot of all of them with the reebok running a close 2nd. I think Team 1 had them on sale this week.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO most senior bats are pretty darn close to each other. The sweetspots are huge and performance is close. It all boils down to what feels good in your hands. The Launch is a balanced bat that I stayed away from because of durability issues. If you got 1000 swings out of a Launch you should be good to go with any senior bat. I have a Combat(gray), Ambush, White Centenarian, Worth 454, Demarini Geezer, and blue The One. For me they rank: Combat(gray) gamer, Worth 454, White Centenarian, Ambush, The One, and Geezer(all within 10-15'of each other). Hit my furthest ball with a UII, but feel wasn't right for me. I would recommend the balanced Reebok(red) they crush the ball. Worth 454 is a hot bat but they are hit & miss. First one was a log , but Worth replaced it with one that is smoking hot.

lefty# 9

Staying in the Game
T P S is coming out with Senior bat soon so a new player on the market there's another option we will have to look at

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
Genesis SB34 , Nexus(black), sb73v Voltage, Z1000 and Z200 can hang with senior bats. Should be interesting to see what TPS comes out with. A Z2000 with thinner walls would be insane. The Z's hit the newer balls (Classic M 40/325 and Classic+52/275) real well. I have the Black Nexus and it hits close to my senior bats, just has a smaller sweetsot.

DaMonks

SBF Original..........
These two bats fit my swing the best. 26oz Reebok Melee EL. Original 28oz ASA U2 is a close second in distance, but with better durability. The rest of the senior bats, Ambush, ComBat Snake or MM, and so on, are very good bats, but they do not fit my swing.