Good AVG.

Plumbwader

You'dBalotcoolerifyoudid
Comparatively speaking, what do u say is the .300 level in softball? What's the Mendoza line(.200)?

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
:eek: that may be a little high for a .300 equivalent.

Hell. didn't someone go 0'fer at the boarder battle :confused:

I think we need to establish at what level you play at. Also batting .700 in tourneys is a big difference from batting .700 in some beer league. I say

Last edited:

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I think we also need to establish for what level you play at. Also batting .700 in tourneys is a big difference from batting .700 in some beer league.

true, but hitting a legit .700 is good reguardless (errors don't count as hits people).

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
true, but hitting a legit .700 is good reguardless (errors don't count as hits people).

What about that guy that says I hit fraking lazers! If errors dont count my average may be .200 but my OBP is .800 cuz ppl are scared when I hit the ball at them:rolleyes:There was a few of them on the board not too long ago. cant remember their UN

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
I say .700 is the SP .300
I hit about .680-.700 for most of the summer. My lowest average ever. And this was coed.
Toward the end of summer I picked up 3 of my old mens leagues and started to light it up, batting .890-.900
Just last weekend I played 9 games and batted .950

Plumbwader

You'dBalotcoolerifyoudid
I hit about .680-.700 for most of the summer. My lowest average ever. And this was coed.
Toward the end of summer I picked up 3 of my old mens leagues and started to light it up, batting .890-.900

Damn .950 is insane. That would take a ton of concentration and no beer!

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
Anyone in here play in Little Canada, MN last weekend to witness N8iveSoul's disgusting MV-1 wreaking havoc?:D

timyoung

Panda Smash!
I would say .600 in league is average. Batting .750 or above is ****. My best female hitter in league batted .400 and my worst was .083

I would worry more about OBP and don't count getting on by errors, fielder's choices, etc...

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I would say .600 in league is average. Batting .750 or above is ****. My best female hitter in league batted .400 and my worst was .083

I would worry more about OBP and don't count getting on by errors, fielder's choices, etc...

If that isn't a typo then you need to sell your gear and find another hobby :eek::confused:

ETrain33

If you are playing competitively, anything .600 + is definitely helping your team win games...

The whole .800 + avg stuff is isolated, I don't care who you are, you aren't hitting .800 over a season if you are playing competitive!!!!

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
my worst girl... not me. No typo either

sorry, it's worded really bad. It made it sound like YOUR worse avg. was that. I was about to say if you're hitting that bad w/ the stick you got then you need to sell 'em, get your $$$ back and just get a hammer or cyclone at that point.

WOS

Expert Opinion
problem with this is there is really not too many teams that keep real books like MLB to tell you what a real hit is vs. an error! I would say if you are playing in the conference, and batting .700, then that is the equivalent of a .300 hitter.

st.pauly

retired utility player
I've always tried to keep the guys hitting .500+ (if they can do that their spot is "secure") and get on their asses if they dip under....
a team average of <.500 is a disappointment (we're an E team)

I'd say baseball .300= .550
mendoza (.200) .450

also I'm sure I miss some here and there but our books are kept pretty tidy.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
I lead my 20-0 team with .706 OBP in a class C league this year. I was robbed more then my fair share, but had some poopy shots fall in as well. In C or D tourney ball, it would probably be .100 points lower. My point is. League has too many chitty fielders to get an accurate batting average. Huge inflation vs. poor fielding teams. It all depends on level (quality of opposition). A pitcher hitting .300 in class A could easily be over .500 in class D.

Good averages for serious tourney ball is .500-.625 depending on level and position. A defensive wizard @ SS can still help the team with less then a .400 OBP as well as a very good pitcher.

At any level .300 batting average is subpar. Only very talented pitchers and defensive wizards @ SS can get away with a lack of offensive production.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans

Damn .950 is insane. That would take a ton of concentration and no beer!

Or a faulty stroke of a keyboard!!!

Welcome to SBF's the home of the .950 hitter... you do realize you would have to hit 35/36 to hit your .950 right?? And technically it that would be .972 if you had hit 34/36 it would of been .944. Was it a Rec LEague Tourny??

So I am guessing you made a solid 2 outs the whole tourny??