Good Spirit/Bad Spirit

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
I wanted to thank the large amount of you that have ordered the new Spirit bat. Also to let you know that in our first production run we had a few bad bats. Not just bats that might crack premature, these bats have broke in two in just a few hits. So if you hear a rumor that the Spirit bats are blowing up….well it’s true. My two year niece has a tee shirt that says “poop poo happens” and it is true in life and manufacturing. GSC is a small yet professional bat company, these issues are going to happen and this will not be the first or the last. However we are on top of the problem, making the needed production changes and no customer will be without a bat. If you have any concerns or questions about any of our bats please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Bill Gateley
www.gscbats.com
[email protected]

GATES SPORTS COMPANY
THE NEXT STEP

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
can you explain what goes wrong in the production process that would cause one to break in half but not another one?

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
There are many different process stages in the production line. Each must be have the proper QC. In this case one of those stations did not get finished right.

papo08

No Affiliation....
I want everyone to understand this is a major reason why I came on board with Bill, and GSC. Ethics. Bill is a great man, attempting to produce a great product. The people come first. The customer service. Our 1st production run was small, yet bigger than expected (thanks to all of you who took a chance). The amount of problems we had were small enough that a public announcement like this wasnt necessary. However, customers come first. We notified everyone that bought a bat from the pre-order by email as soon as the issue was found. And it was received well. Those who do have an issue should contact Bill or myself directly and you will receive a replacement...and it will of course not be counted against you as a warranty use. We appreciate the chance you've given GSC, and we will take good care of you.

The problem has been resolved, and bats are again being built and tested. Thank you very much SBFans.

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**
GSC. Ethics. Bill is a great man, attempting to produce a great product. The people come first. The customer service.

Thank You!!! There needs to be more company's run like this...Can't wait (again) to try this bat out.:)

Just before the issues, my buddy's 27oz was hitting some laser line-drives and comparable to the distance I get with my OG Flex after about 50 or so hits. If this is any indication of what to expect, I will be very pleased. Full review once new bat is recieved...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i did get the email warning me about it, and sent a reply back but haven't gotten a response yet.

my concern is that the bat won't be unwrapped until at least late april next year. if i happen to be one of the unlucky ones with a 'dud', is it going to be a hassle getting a replacement? i'd hate for her to wait 5months to use it, and then have it break a couple weeks into season, and then not have another one for a month or two while orders are filled.

if it seems like there could be a hassle, i could try and get some swings on it somehow, but at this point that's going to be a bit of a hassle. daily highs are only around 10-15C and that's incredibly warm for this time of the year.

are there any other ways to 'test' without putting a 100 swings on the bat?

papo08

No Affiliation....
Fierce, if worried, you can send back now for a quick swap of the 2nd batch thats inbound. Or you can play it out in the spring. right now its going to effect about 5% of the total bats built. I wouldnt be overly concerned.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Gsc

I was one of the lucky ones to have mine blow up after 60 or so hits. That thing was hot too!! I had a few of the guys that were looking to purchase this bat from me and we wanted to test it. I took the pictures of what happened and sent them to Bill. Stand up guy all around!! I had a phone call back from him instantley. He explained the flaw and not to worry.
I am glad to be a rep. for this product because the customer service on his part was not in question. This company will have no problem being around with service like that. I plan on staying aboard as well and look forward to working with them.
I will be doing another get together with guys around the La Crosse WI area in the next week when I get the replacement. If anyone around this area would like to test the bat, please PM me or e-mail me. I would love to get together and try it out. I am a pitcher so no worries about bad pitching!

Thanks!

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Fierce, if worried, you can send back now for a quick swap of the 2nd batch thats inbound. Or you can play it out in the spring. right now its going to effect about 5% of the total bats built. I wouldnt be overly concerned.

hasn't made it to me yet, but sounds like i might as well just let it ride. i feel like i'm in good hands. no sense going through the hassles of border crossing for nothing. thanks

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Can you guys hire me on to oversee the graphics. I will promise to give the best advice for making the bats look much cooler, which in turn will sell you more bats!! ;) I am a local here in Mesa, AZ too!

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Can you guys hire me on to oversee the graphics. I will promise to give the best advice for making the bats look much cooler, which in turn will sell you more bats!! ;) I am a local here in Mesa, AZ too!

He can't do that because the fact that you have a Calvin pissing Avatar from the 90's means your judgement in tastefulness has already lost all credibility. LOL

Last edited:

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
He can't do that because the fact that you have a Calvin pissing Avatar from the 90's means your judgement in tastefulness has already lost all credibility. LOL
HEY!!! LOL!! There is a story behind it. I did it merely to spite Minimatt27's avy!! He has one pissing on Michigan, so it was to get back at him! I can go back to the flys making sweet love if you like??

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
HEY!!! LOL!! There is a story behind it. I did it merely to spite Minimatt27's avy!! He has one pissing on Michigan, so it was to get back at him! I can go back to the flys making sweet love if you like??

Now that one is just plain disturbing. The graphics aren't that bad in person, it grows on you. The graphics on the GBA (Sr. Model) are pretty nice though. Hit or Miss can't please everyone all the time right?

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Now that one is just plain disturbing. The graphics aren't that bad in person, it grows on you. The graphics on the GBA (Sr. Model) are pretty nice though. Hit or Miss can't please everyone all the time right?
You know buddy, you are just damn hard to please!!!:mad: I feel as though I am married to you, cause you are acting like my pregnant wife!!!;)

hitsone

Fly avvy needs movement to be really upsetting.
Maybe you should try a hottie walking, like warpath.

hitsone

Back on topic.
I have had dealings with GSC, and can vouch for their credibility.
My GBA developed a possible imperfection and was replaced just to make me happy.
Best of all I didn't have to submit receipts and call for a RA. I got to keep the bat till the replacement arrives. That will be 2 weeks before I thought. Gotta like that.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Back on topic.
I have had dealings with GSC, and can vouch for their credibility.
My GBA developed a possible imperfection and was replaced just to make me happy.
Best of all I didn't have to submit receipts and call for a RA. I got to keep the bat till the replacement arrives. That will be 2 weeks before I thought. Gotta like that.

sounds like a good company to me!