Got kicked out of game....

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I got kicked out of a game last night for the first time in over 20 years. Best thing, I wasn't even playing and the ball game was over.

Here is what happen:
My wife's women's team was in the bottom of the 9th (international tie break), the ball game was tied 8-8, bases loaded with 2 outs. My wife's team was on defense. Batter hits the ball to short LF field, girl was unable to catch it. So runner on 3rd crossed the plate. Ump was watching the pop-fly ruled "no catch" then eagle eyed the girl running home. After she touched home he yelled "ball game". But he forgot 1 important thing, THE BATTER. The batter ran about 40 ft and stopped to watch the girl cross the plate, jumped up and down, walked over to the dugout, tossed the bat in and walked to shake hands. Of course most of the husband's and myself seen this, so I told my wife who was playing 1st to get the ball and touch 1B. Since she did that technically the batter is out on a force play at 1B, which means the run doesn't count and they proceed to the 10th inning. But of course "NO ball game is over runner scored". So I told ump he was wrong, the batter never touched 1B so that means there was a force out at 1B, run doesn't count. He then told me to be quiet its not my ballgame. I then said "I wont be quiet because you didn't do your job, you wasn't watching the batter, so you don't know if she touched 1B and you don't know what you are doing". I then got threatened to be kicked out of the game and sent to the parking lot. So me being me I said "so you are going to kick me out of a game that is over and I have to go to the parking lot which is where I was heading in the first place, please kick me out". So he did.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
to be kicked out of a game, you have to be playing in the game. getting kicked out as a spectator doesn't count as getting kicked out of a game imho. that said, i would have fought the umpire

sleepin4matty

Management Material
to be kicked out of a game, you have to be playing in the game. getting kicked out as a spectator doesn't count as getting kicked out of a game imho. that said, i would have fought the umpire

He did, he was forced to wait in the parking lot for him since he got kicked out of the game he wasn't playing in

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
If its a league game and the batter would've clearly been safe at first and the game over was it really worth arguing with the ump and possibly placing a chip on his shoulder towards your wifes team in the future? I know how frustrating that can be as ive had that situation come up 3 or 4 times already this season but if theres only 1 ump then once he makes the call its over as he cannot reverse it so why make yourself look like a tool?

rat bastard

I got kicked out of a game last night for the first time in over 20 years. Best thing, I wasn't even playing and the ball game was over.

Here is what happen:
My wife's women's team was in the bottom of the 9th (international tie break), the ball game was tied 8-8, bases loaded with 2 outs. My wife's team was on defense. Batter hits the ball to short LF field, girl was unable to catch it. So runner on 3rd crossed the plate. Ump was watching the pop-fly ruled "no catch" then eagle eyed the girl running home. After she touched home he yelled "ball game". But he forgot 1 important thing, THE BATTER. The batter ran about 40 ft and stopped to watch the girl cross the plate, jumped up and down, walked over to the dugout, tossed the bat in and walked to shake hands. Of course most of the husband's and myself seen this, so I told my wife who was playing 1st to get the ball and touch 1B. Since she did that technically the batter is out on a force play at 1B, which means the run doesn't count and they proceed to the 10th inning. But of course "NO ball game is over runner scored". So I told ump he was wrong, the batter never touched 1B so that means there was a force out at 1B, run doesn't count. He then told me to be quiet its not my ballgame. I then said "I wont be quiet because you didn't do your job, you wasn't watching the batter, so you don't know if she touched 1B and you don't know what you are doing". I then got threatened to be kicked out of the game and sent to the parking lot. So me being me I said "so you are going to kick me out of a game that is over and I have to go to the parking lot which is where I was heading in the first place, please kick me out". So he did.

Hey Blue!!! Rules brah.........rules

Last edited by a moderator:

jstrong

They love to hate me
what a ****ty story. i got kicked out of a game last season because the pitcher was talking **** so before he pitched i told him heads up then blasted middle on him. yeah thats right, nj tough guy style.

and i never even made a post about it. ive been waiting a year for someone to post a ****ty, i got kicked out of league story so i could one up them.

thanks for letting me get that off my chest today.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
what a ****ty story. i got kicked out of a game last season because the pitcher was talking **** so before he pitched i told him heads up then blasted middle on him. yeah thats right, nj tough guy style.

and i never even made a post about it. ive been waiting a year for someone to post a ****ty, i got kicked out of league story so i could one up them.

thanks for letting me get that off my chest today.

This is about as ****ty as his story... So you guys are even...

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
bruh.... you just ruined my week. I waited a year to tell that story. I may kill myself.

You gotta spice it up son... Some dirt kicking, jawing back and forth or a sucka slap or somthin... You gotta be able to vision it... A puff chest is a good sticking point... Gotta build of that... Jmo...

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

Here is what happen:

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Rules are rules. I liked the post. Specially about getting kicked to the parking lot, where he was going anyway. Too funny. Hope the two of them meet latter for a barley pop and a laugh.

Pulled my quad going to 2nd a few yrs back and when I scored I went and got a cold beer to press on it . Ump saw me sitting in dug out with the beer can and threw me out. No beer in dugout rule. I limped over to him and showed him what I was doing-- He reversed his call.

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
So they lost the game because the batter didnt touch first? It had nothing to do with the fact that the ball was not caught and 2 runs scored? This is not the mlb why worry about that? The game would have been over in my mind you are just looking for a loophole instead of accepting the fact that they scored and won except for a stupid technicality that does not matter.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
So they lost the game because the batter didnt touch first? It had nothing to do with the fact that the ball was not caught and 2 runs scored? This is not the mlb why worry about that? The game would have been over in my mind you are just looking for a loophole instead of accepting the fact that they scored and won except for a stupid technicality that does not matter.

It's a rule buddy... 2 outs means a force out at 1B... Or bases loaded force at every base... They dumbass is the umpire here...

pontiacfb78

Star Player
The ump screwed up the call.

In our coed league we ump our own batters. I was umping the other day, and one of our guys came up to bat. He had called me out at home on a close play the day before, so I called the first pitch a strike when it landed a few inches short. He gave me a look of shock, then realized what I'd done. He laughed it off. Then he hit the fence at LC, but he didn't tag 2B as be passed it. The other team yelled and tried to tell me to call him out. I just waited until they figured out that it was an appeal play, and they had to make the out. As soon as they tagged 2B I called him out. He was pissed at himself, but he'll get over it. We had a good laugh about that pitch though.

You can have fun playing the game, or screw your self out of a hit, out, or win, but don't do it at the expense of the other team or the rules.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
You should get together with the guy that started the "Walk Off Walk" thread in Ask the Ump. You guys are made for each other

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Might want to look up the definition of a force out. It's literally impossible to have a force at first.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
I see what you tried to do there. The rule book implies it's a force out at first base later:

4. On any force out attempt from the foul side of first base the defense
and the batter-runner may use either the white or colored portion of the
base.

NeW SCHOOL DONT CARE ABOUT NO RULES..., AIBT NOBODY GOT TIME FUR DAT!!!!!

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Enabling the batter for ignoring fundamentals is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. How is she ever gonna learn.

Btw, I wouldn't has used "weren't".