Grit ball tower BB2

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Anyone have a review on this gen 2 bag? I'm in the market for a new roller bag and keep looking between the Grit and Spec ops. I recently seen the Grit bag locally but didn't get a close up of it. If anyone has pics or reviews, that'll be appreciated. Thanks

milesej05

The Rookie
Do you carry quite a bit of equipment with you? Only reason I ask is that the Special Ops roller is TINY

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I carry 3 bats, 2 gloves, Rip-it mask, cleats, 4 balls, and then misc stuff (extra laces, bat tape, etc). I've always wanted the blk ops bag, however, I kind of am leaning towards the Grit as you don't have to buy material to actually make it stand up. Plus the wheels on the Grit seem better. IDK. Kinda in the middle of the two. I've been using my Mizuno Pro since 2010 (bought some others, didn't like and sold and went back to the mizuno), it's finally starting to wear, so a new bag is in order.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
We saw it in store here. Pretty good size with nice ventilation on it. Will hold a lot of bats.We talked to the rep about bringing it in but did not hear much after he stopped by to show us so we have not ordered any yet.

MaverickAH

The first thing I'll say is this:

If you don't have a color preference (only Navy & Red are left), there is absolutely no better value than a 2015 No Errors Dinger Bag w/Fat Boy Wheels! At $69.98 (orig. $200) it's a fantastic deal from the monkey people. I'm using one & I'm thoroughly happy with it.

Outside of that, I wouldn't categorize the Black Ops as "tiny".

My short list on big premium rollers would be:
  • Grit Ball Tower BB2
  • Demarini Black Ops
  • Demarini Special Ops
  • Easton E900G
  • No Error Dinger
  • ZBAG Travel Bag
The Grit & the Easton can probably be had for the best price right now while the ZBAG is probably the least known. I am intrigued by the modular approach of the ZBAG & would love to check one out.........

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Thanks for the insight. That is a deal on the No Errors! Awesome wheels on those. I'll check it out.

Crazy how a new roller is a big decision. lol. I guess cost is a big issue too. I don't mind paying the price, I just want to make sure it's the one I want. I need to find a store local to see the Grit.

Last edited:

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I have seen the GRIT in person. holds a lot ( guy had like 8 bats in it ) of bats and it's construction seems real good with plenty of room for more gear. A very nice bag in my opinion. Like Maverick as said, the black or special ops bag is not tiny. I have the BO and carry 4 bats, 3 gloves, shoe compartment for balls. side pockets for all miscellaneous stuff I bring. You can't go wrong with either.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
That's kind of where I am in comparison. Both seem like great bags. I've seen the Grit hockey bags and they are nice, so I imagine the softball bag is the same. I've seen plenty of the blk ops, always liked them. However, I kind of like being different than everyone else too (reason I still use my mizuno). Plus I made a padded 3 bat separator that I can swap over if I decide on the Grit.

Anyone have pics of the inside of a grit with gear? Not the dealer pics please, actual players using it.

itsdgc

Oh man, I just got this bag a couple weeks ago and love it. Absolutely love it. Paid $145 Canadian for it shipped from a guy in Winnipeg. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with him if that price works for you.

One of the big things I love is how it stands up straight while open. There's at least two shelves that I'm able to store a change of clothes, two gloves, a mask and probably another glove if I so wanted. Comes with a drink cooler attachment which is nice. I was able to put four bats relatively easily in the bag and could probably fit at least two more. Very nice build as well. I got it because I plan on taking a couple flights for upcoming tourneys and I needed something sturdy to check on the plane.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Oh man, I just got this bag a couple weeks ago and love it. Absolutely love it. Paid $145 Canadian for it shipped from a guy in Winnipeg. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with him if that price works for you.

One of the big things I love is how it stands up straight while open. There's at least two shelves that I'm able to store a change of clothes, two gloves, a mask and probably another glove if I so wanted. Comes with a drink cooler attachment which is nice. I was able to put four bats relatively easily in the bag and could probably fit at least two more. Very nice build as well. I got it because I plan on taking a couple flights for upcoming tourneys and I needed something sturdy to check on the plane.

Thank you for the user insight. Do you have any pics of it with gear?

itsdgc

Here ya go. Managed to fit five bats in the bag, plus three gloves and running shoes. Lemme know if you have any questions. PM me if you're interested in getting a bag from my guy (he said I could pass on his number to interested folks)

0THMjVE.jpg

N5fQ2V5.jpg

iFhjmPs.jpg

LUJpbxt.jpg

xTIvVtU.jpg

milesej05

The Rookie
With the amount of stuff you are carrying, I would definitely steer clear of the special ops/black ops bags.

I made the mistake and went with the Special Ops as I got a great deal on it...but wish I would have went with the BB1 or BB2

itsdgc

I feel like I could maybe add two more bats and I still have room in the lower compartment for a face mask and a change of clothes. Plus, I didn't show the pockets for personal items like an iPhone, wallet, etc.

The only thing I wish this thing had was hideaway hooks that I can hang a glove off of, but I suppose I can just get a carabiner and mod it.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Awesome! Appreciate the pics and the input. You all are definitely helping my decision. Now to find them at a decent price (maybe a blk Friday sale). lol.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love Saucony. Have you tried their trails for ball? I won't wear anything else off the field anymore.

Dogue

Evil Genius
The first thing I'll say is this:

If you don't have a color preference (only Navy & Red are left), there is absolutely no better value than a 2015 No Errors Dinger Bag w/Fat Boy Wheels! At $69.98 (orig. $200) it's a fantastic deal from the monkey people. I'm using one & I'm thoroughly happy with it.
How many bats will the No Errors hold, and does it stand up on it's own (I'd guess No based on the pics)?

Last edited:

MaverickAH

<iframe width="377" height="212" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love their rail & hook system. Don't need a bag that stands up when it's so easy to hang on a fence. The wheels are bulletproof & silent in all types of terrain. Their wheels & shelving systems are the best in the business. The bag is rated for 4 bats but I've had up to 6 & could probably do more. I really don't like overloading bats in a bag because it overloads zippers & sometimes stitching which leads to early bag failure. I never understood why some people overload & abuse their bags & then cry when they fail.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My combat is still in good shape but the one shelf is ripping off the bag. The Velcro never had a problem so I wouldn't say it's an overloading problem but who knows. I may try and fix that instead buying a new one

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Wife and kids got my the Grit bag for my bday tomorrow. Went back and forth with the spec ops bag. Decided to go opposite of everyone I know and gotta say I'm impressed with how sturdy the bag is. I like the shelf system and wheels. Off-road style wheels are a must compared to inlines. Downsized some gear since I carry too much but I fit my glove, mask, 2 balls, shin guards, glove tape, and misc accessories. I also put my padded bat sleeve I built in it. Fit perfect! Gotta say don't over look this bag. For the price we found it at, steal for a good design. Thanks for your inputs!

Dogue

Evil Genius
I couldn't resist the NE Dinger when I saw they had an additional discount on top of the $69 price. Gotta say, this bag is big, rolls awesome (even on pea gravel which used to bind up my Boombah wheels), and has more little compartments than I'll ever know what to do with. The shelf system on this thing is great using velcro and snaps for the main compartment. If it would stand on it's own and had fence hooks on the flaps to keep them open it would be perfect (okay, a beer cooler would be perfect), but those are minor things. Overall the storage on this thing is great and I doubt there's a bag out there that's close to this good for the price.

Thanks for the heads-up MaverickAH

Pistol148

Addicted to Softballfans
A
Here ya go. Managed to fit five bats in the bag, plus three gloves and running shoes. Lemme know if you have any questions. PM me if you're interested in getting a bag from my guy (he said I could pass on his number to interested folks)

0THMjVE.jpg

N5fQ2V5.jpg

iFhjmPs.jpg

LUJpbxt.jpg

xTIvVtU.jpg
Any chance you could get a hold of the guy selling these? I'm in the market for one.

milesej05

The Rookie
For all those PMing me, I'll have some information to you soon.

Still haven't received a PM back yet, or any more info regarding the "information"

I would like to know what the deal is before I order one of the new Elite rollers.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I have the first Grit roller. I like it but have minor complaints. the Grit 2 did not answer those complaints. However.....the new Monsta roller coming out has answered all those complaints. I will be getting one when they finally come out.