Grit ball tower BB2

SandyWH

#Delicious
I have the first Grit roller. I like it but have minor complaints. the Grit 2 did not answer those complaints. However.....the new Monsta roller coming out has answered all those complaints. I will be getting one when they finally come out.
What are those complaints?
We are constantly looking to improve the bags.

With the BB1, the only possible complaint I can think of is lack of a solid cup holder.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
I just bought the Grit 2 before seeing this thread. I do like how sturdy it is and the shelf system seems pretty stable. What I found it is lacking are side pockets, telescopic handle, more clearance between wheels and ground, individual sleeves for the bats to slide into so they don't bang around against each other, i'm not crazy about the front zipper design as if you bring the zippers all the way to each end it's a pain to get them to reconnect (I understand this is probably so people can have the front embroidered ), would be nice to have some sort of latching system so when the front compartment is open up you can slide the flap all the way to the side and it stays in place, I really could not care less about a cup or drink holder but I don't think I will use the insulated sleeve that comes with it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this bag, I just think that some of these areas have been addressed by other companies.

SandyWH

#Delicious
What I found it is lacking are side pockets, telescopic handle, more clearance between wheels and ground, individual sleeves for the bats to slide into so they don't bang around against each other,
Side pockets are something that's going to be addressed. I agree, this bag is short on Accessory storage for gloves, seeds, tape, etc.
No telescopic handle was on purpose. This way there isn't a handle that breaks, warps, or simply fails.

Similar to the lack of side pockets, the bag was designed for travel and durability. The more moving parts and sewn in features the higher the rate of durability issues. Different from many other bag designs, the Grit bags are built to last for years, not for just a season or two. We've all spent $100+ on a bag that started ripping and breaking after 6 months. Right?

Ground clearance is very similar to most other bags on the market. Any higher the noise and sturdiness of the ability to stand firmly starts to drop.

Bat sleeves....its a catch 22.....I've had as many as 10 bats in the BB2. It was designed to hold 6+ easily. If bat sleeves are needed, I guess a mod could be made.
**I have already passed this along to Grit to see if they develope an optional bat sleeve insert as an accessory.

i'm not crazy about the front zipper design as if you bring the zippers all the way to each end it's a pain to get them to reconnect (I understand this is probably so people can have the front embroidered ), would be nice to have some sort of latching system so when the front compartment is open up you can slide the flap all the way to the side and it stays in place,
A simple safety pin at the ends will stop the zippers from coming off the track.

The front flap design was deliberated over for quite a while during development. The extra long single flap is gone (BB1). The design was actually compromise between what baseball, fastpitch, and slowpitch users all desired. Baseball wanted a small and big section. Fastpitch wanted one large section. Slowpitch wanted two equal sized sections.

The zipper sections were designed to allow access to each shelf independently. I personally fold the flap into the bag and leave myself with access to just the glove shelf once gameplay starts.

The good thing about the Grit guys is that they know there is still much more to learn about the baseball/softball side of things. Their hockey bags are awesome. But the engineers and design team are always listening and taking suggestions. Above all else though, Grit wants to make the most durable product they can. And sometimes that does mean eliminating some accessories that other companies have (pockets sewn to the sides, telescoping handles, etc.)

milesej05

The Rookie
It needs more pockets to fit things like pens/line-up sheets, tape, batting gloves, Super77. On top of that, make the bottom shoe compartment solid so nothing from the middle area can fall down. There is no need for the "vents" on the BB2 as the shoe area is enclosed. and most importantly...

...INDIVIDUAL BAT SLEEVES!!!

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Side pockets are something that's going to be addressed. I agree, this bag is short on Accessory storage for gloves, seeds, tape, etc.
No telescopic handle was on purpose. This way there isn't a handle that breaks, warps, or simply fails.

Similar to the lack of side pockets, the bag was designed for travel and durability. The more moving parts and sewn in features the higher the rate of durability issues. Different from many other bag designs, the Grit bags are built to last for years, not for just a season or two. We've all spent $100+ on a bag that started ripping and breaking after 6 months. Right?

Ground clearance is very similar to most other bags on the market. Any higher the noise and sturdiness of the ability to stand firmly starts to drop.

Bat sleeves....its a catch 22.....I've had as many as 10 bats in the BB2. It was designed to hold 6+ easily. If bat sleeves are needed, I guess a mod could be made.
**I have already passed this along to Grit to see if they develope an optional bat sleeve insert as an accessory.

A simple safety pin at the ends will stop the zippers from coming off the track.

The front flap design was deliberated over for quite a while during development. The extra long single flap is gone (BB1). The design was actually compromise between what baseball, fastpitch, and slowpitch users all desired. Baseball wanted a small and big section. Fastpitch wanted one large section. Slowpitch wanted two equal sized sections.

The zipper sections were designed to allow access to each shelf independently. I personally fold the flap into the bag and leave myself with access to just the glove shelf once gameplay starts.

The good thing about the Grit guys is that they know there is still much more to learn about the baseball/softball side of things. Their hockey bags are awesome. But the engineers and design team are always listening and taking suggestions. Above all else though, Grit wants to make the most durable product they can. And sometimes that does mean eliminating some accessories that other companies have (pockets sewn to the sides, telescoping handles, etc.)

It seems as though they took their hockey format and tried to make it fit a baseball bag.

A local store here in NY carries the Grit baseball bags but the reason I never considered one is because of the lack of pockets. The quality seems very good and it has some good features. For instance I like the venting concept, the fact that it stands on its own, and it can be used as a big bat pack, but its not geared towards keeping everything separate.

Personally I never use side bat sleeves, but the bag is need of side pockets or internal mesh pockets.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
What are those complaints?
We are constantly looking to improve the bags.

With the BB1, the only possible complaint I can think of is lack of a solid cup holder.

Bmoses beat me to it. I care nothing about a cup holder. As others have stated, the lack of compartmentalized pockets. Like I said, I have the first one and it is severely lacking in that area. The BB2 looks to have addressed that issue but has solved it. It needs a sturdier handle maybe even telescoping. One long thin pocket on the side is insufficient especially with only one zipper to access everything in the pocket even the crap in the very bottom. And the one big zipper on the front is just a lame design. if the zipper allowed you to open that portion sideways (like a book) it might be a little better. As mentioned I understand why it is like that, but I do not like it. the one positive is I was able to outfit my roller bag with a modified block rocker speaker in the bottom portion and with the bag being so well built and sturdy I barely feel the extra weight and have no issue rolling it around. The next thing you need to really be above the curve is power.....i.e ways to conveniently charge your phone. My bag has addressed that issue. Thank you for listening. I hope some of these ideas make their way to your future designs.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just leave mine in the trunk, so it wouldn't work for me, but I guess they could internalize one for you guys that care. Take your bag in and plug it in when you get home I guess.

MaverickAH

You Tube is your friend. This is a video on the og's but it's still beneficial:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The one thing about the Grit that irks me to no end & would make it a deal breaker for me would be that big zippered panel. I just don't like the idea of having my bag completely open like that. That's just asking for trouble! A much better option would be a separate zippered panel for each shelf IMHO.

What I do like about the Grit is that the wheels are replaceable & that the shelving system is removable. I would love to see if it could be used in other bags. Both items are available separately from Grit.

An extending handle would also be nice. They help to distribute the weight when the bag is fully loaded & it's the one thing I really miss on my No Errors Dinger Bag. Pulling that thing around by the attached handle when fully loaded can be tiresome even with those smooth running wheels. Not all field that I play at are right next to the parking lot. Sometime I may have to walk up to 1/2 mile to reach a field. I imagine that the Grit would suffer from the same issue.

SandyWH

#Delicious
I found that the one giant zipper didn't come in to play too often once the day got started. I would simply get my shoes out, then zip the bag back up, exposing just the glove shelf and then folding the flap into the bag. I would practically never need to get into the very bottom of the bag after that, and rarely need anything from the second shelf during a game.

The new design (BB2) has less of a pronounced zipper area, and is divided at the break between the shelves, so that I can still simply fold the flap in and just toss my glove in.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I was thinking. I feel like I had a bag like that in the past and I'd just zip it down as far as needed. They wouldn't fall down farther in their own.

itsdgc

I'd think they're too fragile

Nope. I just flew from Toronto to Vegas via a connecting flight for a tourney and checked by Grit bag. Packed it full with gear, three bats and clothes. No damage on the trip and back. FWIW I maxed out at around 35 lbs.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I found that the one giant zipper didn't come in to play too often once the day got started. I would simply get my shoes out, then zip the bag back up, exposing just the glove shelf and then folding the flap into the bag. I would practically never need to get into the very bottom of the bag after that, and rarely need anything from the second shelf during a game.

The new design (BB2) has less of a pronounced zipper area, and is divided at the break between the shelves, so that I can still simply fold the flap in and just toss my glove in.
So where are these at price wise..

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Retail on the BB2 roller is $159.99
Retail on the BB2 roller is $119.99
I can score one of the very last few BB1s but the price would likely be close to $175.
Sorry.. I'm confused is bb2 retail $119.99 or $159.99

SandyWH

#Delicious
Did a little customization on my BB2.

Added a strip of neon to the edges of the shelves.

C4W6l-oW8AACwut.jpg

Rookie3

I had one and loved the shelf and how many bats it could hold. However I sold it due to no pockets on the outside the only pocket was the mesh one in the inside. There are not bat dividers in the bat compartment (not a big deal but I like bat dividers). Built strong and great ventilation.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
I have it, really like it but my Worth pitching helmet does not fit well inside. I can fit 7 bats in it, but would likesome side pockets also.

Party mafia

Retail on the BB2 roller is $159.99
Retail on the BP01 backpack is $119.99
I can score one of the very last few BB1s but the price would likely be close to $175.

shouldn't the BB1 be cheaper than the BB2? Why is the BB1 @ $175 while the BB2 is @ $160? Do you still have any BB1 left over?

Thanks