groin strain

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
OK all the jokes aside I have been battling this injury for almost 2 months. When I hit it seems to fire it up. It got to the point where I thought I had a hernia but the doc said no. How do you get one of these to go away.
Deep massage Bobby

lx_2nv

Coach
I have heard banging a fat chick cures a lot of ailments us softball players have.

LOL - In all seriousness - do not put cream there....it really makes the mcnuggets tingle and burn. The only way it will get better is to rest :/

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
If you don't regularly put menthol on your nuts, then it will feel like it burns the first time. But you get to a point where your day doesn't feel complete without mentholated nuts if you begin applying it daily... Just sayin...

Question about your groin (and this is serious), but where exactly does it hurt? I ask because a lot of people say things like "I pulled my hammy last night" but they're still walking around no problem. I've seen people refer to their quad as their hamstring, tell my they pulled there back out that morning, etc., so any time I see someone say they did something to a muscle, I'm a bit hesitant. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're dumb by any means, but I thought I injured my groin a few years back when in fact it was a hip flexor strain that simply needed a little adjustment at the chiro, a little psoas massage (most painful thing ever), and i was back on the field a couple days later. Can you describe where the pain is? If it starts around the front of your leg (pelvis area), then you may just need a little work on it.

zuke 37

Star Player
if you belong to a gym do leg raises, and leg crunchers on that machine that pushes your legs together....don't be afaid to use
a heavy weight, you really need to build those muscles for next time or next year.

if it is indeed a hip flexier like suggested you can fix that with that walking and dropping your knee to streach the hip flexior
make sure your head, trunk, thigh,and knee are in a straight line, not with the knee behind you. good luck

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
My pain is just to the left of the cash and prizes and slightly above, right where the leg meets yer pelvis

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
My pain is just to the left of the cash and prizes and slightly above, right where the leg meets yer pelvis

in all seriousness, if you can find a massage therapist to talk to about it, that'd be the way to go. One that isn't just a swedish/relaxation, but like a PT - one that does actual muscle manipulation. If it's the flexor, that's all part of your core and then runs down to your knee. So where you feel the pain may not be where the problem is and a good massage therapist would be able to find that.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Thanks for this thread. just hearing the term "mentholated nuts" was enough for me.

Really rest is all you can do with it.

rdvance

Star Player
Bobby Bugs - I actually developed a "sports hernia" and it was symptoms like yours. It took forever to get it diagnosed as many doctors don't know what it is. If you tear any of the tendons in your groin this is what they call it. In my case it was my abductor tendon. I struggled for months with local Drs and they even did a standard hernia surgery repair which did not fix problem. That was in July 2012. I finally found Dr Brown in San Francisco. He did a surgical repair in Nov of 2012 and by Feb 2013 I was playing again.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Im worried it might be that "sports hernia" cause it bothered me enough I actually went to the doc thinking I had a hernia. He said no but what your saying makes sense. Im gonna rest and ice it and try to see where to go next.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
See if you can find a legit Thai massage (rare to find in the states).......here in Thailand they are like healer/chiro/trainer/physical therapists/practicioners rolled into one.....no chiro's here (not needed)....if you can find one don't be surprised about what they can help......

They are considered healers here - I was skeptical at first but then I'd go after playing ball and if it hurt they could fix (don't go for the exotic pretty ones - although the do have their moments) - but not for this serious discussion).....

Last edited:
You have to stretch. I fought one for two yrs. started stretching and it worked itself out. Sit indian style feet touching in middle and lean forward both arms out on ground as far as you can go. Hold for longer as you can. Sleeping horse stretch. A few others helped out that and my back. Its worth making the time before games.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
when i hit it fires up the loins of the bleacher bitches, not my own groin. Maybe youre doing it wrong

lx_2nv

Coach
I think I'll be ok for my games thurs/fri. But I am skipping my league tomorrow to let it rest some. I'll take it over a quad though. that friggin hurts.

lordnlkon

Star Player
Sorry man, I dont wish this on anyone.

So how goes your recovery? I've been nursing this quad pull for about 6 weeks. Going to go out and play some tomorrow, I am hoping it holds up. Been doing a lot of stretching, yoga and weights the last 2 weeks to try to strengthen it back up.

Last edited:

lx_2nv

Coach
if you have some sort of compression sleeve/wrap for your quad use it...also some icy hot. I did that before my games and it helped a ton. Of course nothing beats rest, but we're stubborn!

lordnlkon

Star Player
if you have some sort of compression sleeve/wrap for your quad use it...also some icy hot. I did that before my games and it helped a ton. Of course nothing beats rest, but we're stubborn!

I don't but I am going to run by ****'s tonight and grab something.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Keep it wrapped - supported as much as you can during the day.......Mrs. Buggs might or might not appreciate you wearing compression shorts to bed.......:banned:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Still having issues. Doing some research on sports hernias and uncovered this,
Cause
Sports activities that involve planting the feet and twisting with maximum exertion can cause a tear in the soft tissue of the lower abdomen or groin.
I booked a visit with a surgeon thats specializes in this type of thing but cant get in to see him till the 18th. Guess this season is done.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow - with the reps that some of us put in it's hard to imagine.....but seems as if a tear would mend over time - I'm guessing some type of hernia....good luck !

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase
Dam......I'm 90% sure I just did this last week!! Smh. Hope all goes well!! In for info!!

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
Once you are recovered, weight training did wonders for me. I was the guy that used to pull hamstrings left and right, pulled tons of muscles in my legs (inside thigh has been totally black and blue a few times). Once I started strengthening my posterior chain (butt, hamstrings, lower back), I haven't had a lower body injury since. I focused on deadlifting including regular deads and trap bar deads.

Glitch

Starting Player
I think I'll be ok for my games thurs/fri. But I am skipping my league tomorrow to let it rest some. I'll take it over a quad though. that friggin hurts.

Dude, quad injuries ****ing suckkkk. I pulled both of them at the same time playing tennis and was out for like 6 weeks last year. Couldn't run, couldn't lift things up, couldn't even have sex without it hurting like hell. Luckily 2 bye weeks and 2 rain outs made it so I only missed two games.

My right quad still to this day has a big lump in it but doesn't seem to impact me in any way.

Hambo

Starting Player
My right quad still to this day has a big lump in it but doesn't seem to impact me in any way.

That lump is scar tissue... you partially tore your quad

My brother did this to his hamstring in track in high school. Still has the lump in his hamstring to this day.