GSL on the West Coast???

Road Dog

Addicted to Softballfans
Little bird told me that DieHard NSA will be switching in 2013 to GSL here in Santa Maria...

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
What's so good about GSL that sets it apart from other sanctions ?

It's a hybrid of the best parts of other sanctions:
- designated HR hitters. If you walk the HR hitter, you get a freebie HR
- Good ball. Apex 52/375 (I think)
- NSA Length bases
- 5-10' arc w/ juking and 5' grace off the mound

GSL is for the hitters. It really concentrates on the offense versus the other sanctions which seem to want more defense than anything else. Instead of deadening the ball, they enhanced it. Instead of removing HR's, they add HR's.

I like it a lot. Not because it's a local sanction, but because I know when we play GSL we get to have fun. When we play USSSA, it's like pulling teeth with restricting HR's and using a cotton-filled Hot Dot ball.

Give it a shot. You will like it. If you hate it, then don't play it again.

Unknowns

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ Those all sound really good reasons to play GSL. We'll definately will have to give it a try. Robert throws really good tourneys anyways so they should be lots of fun. Thanks for the info.

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like the first event in California will b held Jan.5-6 2013 in Santa Maria, CA @ Hagerman sports complex!

WARPIG #14

"JOIN THE REVOLUTION"
I would like to thank all the west coast teams for playing this past Saturday ! We at GSL have some pretty big plans coming your way ! Robert does a great job & truly cares about the game....

Thank you,

Cliff

BR3WKR3W

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to thank all the west coast teams for playing this past Saturday ! We at GSL have some pretty big plans coming your way ! Robert does a great job & truly cares about the game....

Thank you,

Cliff

He always runs a good and fair tourney. That's why he gets so many teams. Just wish we were able to use the balls made for the association, but i know we will in time.

WARPIG #14

"JOIN THE REVOLUTION"
He always runs a good and fair tourney. That's why he gets so many teams. Just wish we were able to use the balls made for the association, but i know we will in time.

They will be available very soon !

Last edited: