gtg or is it about to blow

fastfinn

Starting Player
Easton srv5 with about 1200 hits. It's spitting absolute fire right now. We hit the 44/375's. It's been put away for the year since it's getting cold here. I guess my question is how much longer it may last. Or is it just the paint. Either way I won't let anyone else swing it anymore. Any input would be helpful. Thanks
IMG_20141106_050902_zpsf6598fdb.jpg

TRaj2327

I don't know that that will help much on these diagonal cracks. On the seams that develop on DeMarinis it absolutely helps keep the crack from lifting. My '13 CL22 has had a seam in it since last winter indoor BP and I kept it together all season after easily 300-400 swings between games and BP and there has been no change. I replaced the tape a week ago and its still GTG.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
she is on last legs...this is when you get accused of swinging glass cause that thing prob sounds like the bommb

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
With winter coming up you'll have time to get a backup going. Enjoy your last swings when you need them.

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
Does it matter if it's about to blow? You swing it until an ump tells you that you can't swing it.

Saw tooth cracks are the worst my buddy has one and monitor s the swings he puts on it and it has lasted him 2 months and still going just baby it and use it when needed until you get ur next bat broken in.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a team mate that his Salvo got cracks like that over a year ago has saw easily 1k more swings and is still going strong while mine on the other hand I got 50 more cuts once it started cracking .

fastfinn

Starting Player
Our last games of the year are tomorrow night, it's going to be below 40. I'm tempted to swing it and go out with a bang. I've never broke a bat before, so going out with a bat shattering bomb would be a great way to end the year. As long as the piece that flys of doesn't hit someone.

TRaj2327

Our last games of the year are tomorrow night, it's going to be below 40. I'm tempted to swing it and go out with a bang. I've never broke a bat before, so going out with a bat shattering bomb would be a great way to end the year. As long as the piece that flys of doesn't hit someone.

It won't just randomly have an explosive break. It will take at least 5-10 to totally separate once a real crack shows up. If you only have one game and 3-4 swings I would swing away. I've seen worse last longer.

kokamojo15

Manager
I had a salvo that did that lasted 3 months. Have fun you will get a couple omg moments and a couple fielders stepping out of the way. Balls come out hot

fastfinn

Starting Player
I had a salvo that did that lasted 3 months. Have fun you will get a couple omg moments and a couple fielders stepping out of the way. Balls come out hot

Used it two weeks ago and busted 3rd's glove. Just glad I don't hit middle