Guys knowledgable on 13'-14' utrip bats with stamps

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league changed a few rules this year:

-No foul to waste
-Homers after limit are now offensive ejection instead of DBO

So I am looking for a balanced feeling and swinging bat to order in 30 oz.

I am typically a pull hitter who swings 27 maxloads (current bat is a 27 max mizuno blackout that scales at 29.2 oz). First pitch of atbat usually look for something inner half or over the plate I can drive and tend to take a strike looking for that pitch and occasionally burn my "foul to waste" on wasting a pitch or pulling one foul. Now im worried about giving up AB's cuz rule change. I can hit backside with balanced bats but tend to focus on pulling the ball and driving with maxloads. So with rule changes looking to focus more on hitting backside

Joker

i would look for a bat that is listed as balanced and weighs 30oz with the new stamp

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
i would look for a bat that is listed as balanced and weighs 30oz with the new stamp

Yea, solid advice.

Im asking for guys who are knowledgable on the new bats as to which of the new ones are true to weight and have a balanced feel. League grandfathered old stuff for one year last year before going to must have utrip thumbprint this year and I had swung dc psycho up until midway through last year. I dont know anything about the newer bats

Joker

i would start by looking through the manufacturers forums, there are reviews on pretty much every new bat out there

-Six-

Weiner
get a pinger for when your hrs are gone. offensive ejection would make me get something that i would have to hit perfectly to have a chance to leave the yard.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
get a pinger for when your hrs are gone. offensive ejection would make me get something that i would have to hit perfectly to have a chance to leave the yard.

Offensive ejection is a good rule for tourneys IMO to stop sandbagging but in league where you pay to play its ridiculous. I was ok with DBO and evening inning ending would stop sand bagging but inning ending plus offensive ejection is a rip off

WarHorse

Star Player
I'd look for a new league. If you're getting ejected for hitting a homer after limit, it's time to GTFO. No foul to waste? Where are you playing softball, Berlin 1941?

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Offensive ejection is a good rule for tourneys IMO to stop sandbagging but in league where you pay to play its ridiculous. I was ok with DBO and evening inning ending would stop sand bagging but inning ending plus offensive ejection is a rip off
I disagree. Just because you can hit a HR doesn't mean you're an upper level player. It doesn't even mean you're a good hitter.
No foul to waste? Where are you playing softball, Berlin 1941?
ASA since forever, or USSSA since 2014?

-Six-

Weiner
offensive ejection is overkill for league. some guys thats all the time they have to play. come on. stupid rule.

Rega17

'MERICA
Im asking for guys who are knowledgable on the new bats as to which of the new ones are true to weight and have a balanced feel. League grandfathered old stuff for one year last year before going to must have utrip thumbprint this year and I had swung dc psycho up until midway through last year. I dont know anything about the newer bats

Miken's new line this year has a balanced utrip psycho. I couldn't give you a review on it but I'm sure there are knowledgable people in the miken section that could.

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken's new line this year has a balanced utrip psycho. I couldn't give you a review on it but I'm sure there are knowledgable people in the miken section that could.

This^^^ the balanced psycho is nice but I am not sure it comes in 30 oz

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I'd look for a new league. If you're getting ejected for hitting a homer after limit, it's time to GTFO. No foul to waste? Where are you playing softball, Berlin 1941?

This is the game of softball today. USSSA is now not allowing a courtesy foul at any level of tournament play as of Jan 1, ASA has been doing this for a while. E tournament play any ball over the fence is a inning ending offensive ejection. I can understand them for tournament play though I don't like either one. My disagreement is the no courtesy foul in league is dumb. The local umpires are happy because they think it will move the game along. Thats all well and good but to me it becomes a safety issue, the having to be fair has always meant people hitting middle, now that situation is going to happen exponentially more often. Tournament ball thats fine, if you pitch on weekends you know middle is open and for the most part people know what kind of protection they should be wearing. The problem is in league you have a lot of pitchers cant/dont protect themselves, changing the rules to force more middle shots is only gonna get people hurt.

Joker

or instead of hitting up the middle you could hit the ball to anywhere else on the field where there isn't a fielder

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
or instead of hitting up the middle you could hit the ball to anywhere else on the field where there isn't a fielder
Yeah, I have never understood why having to keep it fair always means going middle. I can understand not trying to paint the line, but there's plenty of fair territory that isn't in the middle of the field.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Yeah, I have never understood why having to keep it fair always means going middle. I can understand not trying to paint the line, but there's plenty of fair territory that isn't in the middle of the field.

Then you aren't very smart cause its pretty simple. Aim for the middle of the field and your odds of hitting it foul are the lowest. If you try to pull and are a little to quick or go oppo and a little late you foul out.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Then you aren't very smart cause its pretty simple. Aim for the middle of the field and your odds of hitting it foul are the lowest. If you try to pull and are a little to quick or go oppo and a little late you foul out.
The odds of hitting it foul are pretty low anyways unless your pitch selection and/or timing are way off.

I really like the Z2000 balanced, but i am partial to TPS. The blackout balanced is a tank that opens up nicely. Psycho seems to get very hot but they seem to spiral quickly. Not many people here swing demars in utrip so i have no clue about them.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for input. Done some research on all.

As far as the rule. The only ASA league i still know locally doesnt classify levels. Just monday league and wednesday league and is 4 homers and singles over the limit. Utrip is going a little too far. I dont like inning ending for leagues where guys are paying for a night out at the ballpark and may end up with 1-2 at bats in a game if they accidently hit a home run. Tournament ball guys know what they're getting into and the rules and consequences. Good amount of league players don't know the difference in saturday ball and tuesday ball

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for input. Done some research on all.

As far as the rule. The only ASA league i still know locally doesnt classify levels. Just monday league and wednesday league and is 4 homers and singles over the limit. Utrip is going a little too far. I dont like inning ending for leagues where guys are paying for a night out at the ballpark and may end up with 1-2 at bats in a game if they accidently hit a home run. Tournament ball guys know what they're getting into and the rules and consequences. Good amount of league players don't know the difference in saturday ball and tuesday ball

Are the rec league guys that don't want to get a crick in their neck from watching HR after HR against a sandbagging group of douchebags also not paying for a night out? As far as that goes, I pay for tournaments as well, and usually a lot more.

These rules are stupid and nobody likes them, but the problem is douchebag sandbaggers and until we can come up with a better rule or a way to shame them into having a sack we're stuck with them.

nickham10

John Deere
You currently swing an endloaded mizuno blackout. Just get a balanced blackout an ounce or 2 heavier and work hitting backside.