Need Help Had a deal with issues!

Stallings18

Outsider Looking in!
Alright I posted on here I was selling a 25/33" Schutt FP bat. I sold it to a member in Canada. I didn't realize that the bat was a 24oz. So when he received it he was upset.. Understandably! I apologized and offered to refund his money and he could ship the bat back to me.

2 questions.. Been here a long time and have never had a bad deal, So never familiar with this..

1.) Never shipped a bat to canada. But I shipped the bat USPS priority mail. The post office told me that it comes with insurance from the post office till customs. So I marked the bats cost at $75.00. Has anyone heard of it costing someone you shipped to money when they delivered the bat, Due to the cost of the item being over $50.00. I shipped it as a gift BTW.

2.) Is it my responsibility to pay for the total shipping back to me because he is unhappy with the bat?

Like I said never had an issue and just trying to make it right without any issues. Thanks for the help!!

OverDaFence

At Fanatics
yes, if he is unhappy based on your description and what you told him, you pay shipping back to you.

Also, they can hand it up for s duty and they normally bill the guy if it does get tagged. Next time you ship to canada, hit me up. I will share you my secret.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
If marked gift I thought no duties were due? I say you are on the hook for shipping since u made the error

Stallings18

Outsider Looking in!
Thats fine with the shipping, He paid 45.00 for the bat and 20.00 for the shipping, So 65.00 total. He is wanting me to refund him $80.00 +.. Since he said he had to pay a fee for the cost of the bat being over 50.00 on the Customs form and return more for return shipping..

Yes I marked it as a gift.. So I didnt think they would get fee'd, Also the value of the bat was marked from the post office for the insurance..

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
even if it was a simple mistake, the buyer was misinformed about the bat. he should not be out any money in the end

Stallings18

Outsider Looking in!
I understand that and am taking responsibility for making the mistake on the weight. However if he paid shipping there and I return ALL of the money does that cover the shipping back or do I owe more on top of what he paid including shipping?

OverDaFence

At Fanatics
You have to pay the cost of the bat and whatever it costs him to return ship it to you. Customs or duties, I would ask for the receipt and go from there.

p17

I understand that and am taking responsibility for making the mistake on the weight. However if he paid shipping there and I return ALL of the money does that cover the shipping back or do I owe more on top of what he paid including shipping?

like posted before, he should not be out any money in the end. it sucks, but that is how to make the deal right

AJ22

Super Moderator
like posted before, he should not be out any money in the end. it sucks, but that is how to make the deal right

I think Stallings18 is asking if he owes anymore than just shipping.

You should only have to cover ALL COSTS to get the bat returned to you ...

Stallings18

Outsider Looking in!
So he paid 65.00 total including shipping.. Do I send him 65.00 and tell him to ship the bat back to me or do I owe him more?

p17

I think Stallings18 is asking if he owes anymore than just shipping.

You should only have to cover ALL COSTS to get the bat returned to you ...

i think he is asking about duties...it's something he would have to work out with the buyer. like bert said, get the receipt for that and go from there

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
if the bat was 45 + 20 shipping, you will owe him that 65 and ACTUAL shipping back to you

Plus the duties.

Stallings- you're handling this properly. Glad to see that you're working with him to get it resolved. However, due to the low cost of the bat, shipping it two more times (back to you, and then to whomever you sell it to, assuming you're going to resell it) will come close to the actual cost of the bat. You're better off selling it before it gets shipped back to you, and having the board bro in Canada ship it to your new buyer.