Hamstring Injury

Newkirk20

Horny Ninja
Pulled my hamstring pretty bad in our 4th of July Tournament in the championship game. It tightened up pretty good that night and made it unconfortable to sleep. The next two days I rested, iced, compressed lightly and elevated. Today I'm back at work but there is still some tightness in my hammy and down my calf. Any idea how long until this will heal? Any other things I can do to speed up the healing process? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks bros!

dave2525

"Stay thirsty my friends"
it'll take a while before it'll heal back to where you won't feel tightness. it was a good 6 weeks for mine.

Lots of rest, and Physio... I also went for massage as well.

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
Make sure you give it more than enough time!! I did the same thing and only gave it about a week and a half. The very next practice i tore it, and believe me, you dont want to go there!

DSNuts48

Badass
Pulled my hamstring pretty bad in our 4th of July Tournament in the championship game. It tightened up pretty good that night and made it unconfortable to sleep. The next two days I rested, iced, compressed lightly and elevated. Today I'm back at work but there is still some tightness in my hammy and down my calf. Any idea how long until this will heal? Any other things I can do to speed up the healing process? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks bros!

Have you gotten it checked out? Usually it will feel good, but it won't be healed all the way.

Newkirk20

Horny Ninja
No I havent' gotten it checked out! I live in Dutch Harbor, Alaska where the Deadlist Catch is filmed. Don't have any "real" doctors to take a look at it for me. I'm working today pushing stuff around and what have you and it's still sore, but have to work. I will ice it every night and elivate it though. So we are looking at about 4 to 6 weeks then?

ClutchCups

Addicted to Softballfans
A pull and a tear are the same thing man. There is just different degrees. A pull is general terms for a grade one tear. If its uncomfortable to sleep or still tightit may be a grade 2 tear. Which will take longer. Give it atleast a week and a half before you do anything on it. Then try going 50 percent for a couple days. Then 75 percent etc. Then stay about eighty for a week or so before testing out full use. The fact that you have hurt your hamstring will make it more vulnerable for the rest of your life. This is because scar tissue is not as strong as the original muscle tissue. STRETCHHHHHHHH!!!!! always before you do anything with your hammies from here on out and you should be fine.

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
Trust me, you dont want to see the blood pool that forms behind your knee when you keep pushing!

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO, ice is not the way to go. Heat and compression are. Heat helps with circulation while ice restricts circulation. Blood flow aids in healing. Compression all the time will help you as well. I had a grade 2 hammy pull that healed in 4 weeks last year. Don't push it too quick. I also started weight resistance and stationary bike riding on mine after about 1.5 weeks but I started real slow and built it up, never allowing any more than just a small amount of discomfort when doing it.

chucky02

I pulled mine sometime back, turned out to be a minor tear like someone explained it above. What I can tell you is it takes a long time to heal. You gotta go easy for a while, make sure it is ok before you exert it again. Also, from there on, I just have to stretch or it will feel tight.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
If you see a bruise or blood back there, that's bad. If it's just pulled I would get on a strict stretching routine. Stretch everyday at least 3-4x a day. I know it sounds crazy, but it works and your muscles and body will love you for it

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
If youre walking its a pull and nothing to complain about. Youll be back soon. Talk to me or others who have torn it and youll be glad its a pull