Healthy Snacks

strokers51

The Veteran
I am just sitting here enjoying some roasted almonds and thinking about how damn good they are. I can honestly say that I am just as happy eating these as I am when I eat my beloved Doritos.

When you look at the nutrition facts they are high in fat but thats not a bad thing. I would much rather get my fat intake from a handful of these bad boys than a bag of chips. Plus they actually will keep you fuller longer.

What are some other options out there that you all eat?

wcoastsoftball

I agree with the almonds, i found habanero almonds, love them. usually fruit like bananas or kiwis. But I still eat chips and ice cream occansionally. Just gotta watch the serving size.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Wish I could eat almounds and such; I'm not allergic, but my body will not digest them correctly. I use to eat boiled peanuts like they were going out of style.

I try to eat fruit now, but it's hard to teach this old dog new tricks.

Huber

I like grapes fresh out of the fridge, peanuts in moderation, pickles (all day long baby), and a few others I can't think of right now

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
Almonds (oven roasted with sea salt) are one of my favorite snacks at work. I have to put them in the containers that mark off 1oz serving sizes, or I will eat too many.

NE Hitman

Addicted to Softballfans
sunflower seeds, I think i get more taste or enjoyment per calorie with them. Basically they sit in your mouth for a while and so you think your eating when you're really not eating much

--celery and natural peanut butter

--graham crackers

--string cheese

--cottage cheese with a little protein powder mixed in

--frozen grapes

--homemade trail mix...I put "single servings" in those very small baggies..it eliminates the "just 1 more handful" problem..

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports

--graham crackers

--string cheese

--frozen grapes

--homemade trail mix...I put "single servings" in those very small baggies..it eliminates the "just 1 more handful" problem..

ftw! love em

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
I read that a peanut butter and honey sandwich (on wheat) is a great snack. I usually do one of these a day. I actually crave eating one of these

Chilli_Dipper

Las3rSh0w

--graham crackers

--string cheese

--frozen grapes

x2....oh yeaaaa...get that protein in:cool:

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
almonds are legit as long as you dont bring the whole container with you to work. i put about 25 in a snack bag and try to divide em throughout the day just because of their fat content... it is good fat but at teh same time too much fat/ either good or bad/ is not good! I know the Blue Diamond almonds Habenero BBQ are the ****NIT!

strokers51

The Veteran
I'm not a fan of frozen grapes. I know a lot of people that rave about them but I just couldn't get into them. Which is weird because I love really cold fruit.

Huber

Was watching a talk show this morning before work called the doctors and they had celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito on sharing recipes....thought EVERYONE might like this one....

Healthy Brownies

Ingredients:
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 ½ cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon espresso powder
• ¾ cup egg substitute
• 2 tablespoons low-calorie sugar-free chocolate syrup, such as Walden Farms
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, such as Breakstone's
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
• 24 packets Truvia (84 g) or 8 tablespoons granulated Splenda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine the beans, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and egg substitute in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl halfway through.
3. Add the chocolate syrup, sour cream, butter, Truvia, and vanilla. Process until all of the ingredients are combined, about 1 minute.
4. Pout the batter into the prepared baking dish, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, turning the dish halfway through the baking time. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out with soft batter clinging to it.
5. Let the brownies cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack. Then cut into 12 squares and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Forgot what the total calories was but he said you could literally eat these ALL day and your eating healthy :)