Hebrew Hacker

westtexas

"Godfather"
Im pretty sure I saw a small guy blowing over the house heading west early this morning.....He had several old Combats in tow....Hope all is well Heebs

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant
He just needs about 24 bats and a few rolls of bat tape and he's got a sweet raft!! Hope you're safe, Heebs. And Mommy-to-be!

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Probably just power outages right now. But sending prayers and good vibes his way. Luckily the high winds died off some. No snow or rain and we never lost power.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I'm alive and well...was in Louisiana for training last week (am heading back down this afternoon), and was dealing with the storm the past few days. Only the second time in 40 years that the building lost power.

Thanks for the concern guys, it's much appreciated.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I'm alive and well...was in Louisiana for training last week (am heading back down this afternoon), and was dealing with the storm the past few days. Only the second time in 40 years that the building lost power.

Thanks for the concern guys, it's much appreciated.

Much jealousy on my end with you making two trips to south Louisiana. Haven't been home to Houma/NOLA in a few years now. I might get to take a trip to NOLA in the spring...not sure. I absolutely love it down there...when it's in your blood, there's no getting away from it. At least I get to watch plenty of LSU and Swamp People and Cajun Justice and Sons of Guns and so forth to get that taste of home.

If you've never tried New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, you must try it before you leave. MUST. Best place I've ever had it was Deanie's in Bucktown down in New Orleans...right off the Ponchartrain. Don't know if you'll have time since you're spending most of your time in Hammond, but if you do, venture that way. Should have told you this last night on the phone, but didn't think about it :(.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
much jealousy on my end with you making two trips to south louisiana. Haven't been home to houma/nola in a few years now. I might get to take a trip to nola in the spring...not sure. I absolutely love it down there...when it's in your blood, there's no getting away from it. At least i get to watch plenty of lsu and swamp people and cajun justice and sons of guns and so forth to get that taste of home.

if you've never tried new orleans style bbq shrimp, you must try it before you leave. Must. Best place i've ever had it was deanie's in bucktown down in new orleans...right off the ponchartrain. Don't know if you'll have time since you're spending most of your time in hammond, but if you do, venture that way. Should have told you this last night on the phone, but didn't think about it :(.

bubba gump, baby!!!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
No, no. Too chainy. Need a good, New Orleans-based restaurant for the best NO-style BBQ shrimp.

bubba gump baby.............I swear. better than LA PINES, in Slidell. Which is really a good seafood rplace.

Last edited:

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Can't do shrimp...not kosher. I've never had shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish, catfish, mussels, scallops, oysters, shark, swordfish, eel, octopus, calamari, etc. One of the people I had dinner with last night was trying to get me to try blackened catfish, and it looked pretty damn good, but I was still sober enough to resist. Now had she pushed it on me after another pitcher of bloody marys, it might have been a different story (but most likely not).

Dave- I deleted some voicemails.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can't do shrimp...not kosher. I've never had shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish, catfish, mussels, scallops, oysters, shark, swordfish, eel, octopus, calamari, etc. One of the people I had dinner with last night was trying to get me to try blackened catfish, and it looked pretty damn good, but I was still sober enough to resist. Now had she pushed it on me after another pitcher of bloody marys, it might have been a different story (but most likely not).

Gefilte fish balls is good eats ;)

Glad to see you ok Heebs

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!

I am embarrassed :eek:. My apologies, HH. Got so excited about NOLA food that I never thought about that.