Helmer Blue Line

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it very strange that a 25 oz bat.. or 26 can have the same end load as a 30 oz bat and be legal when you consider you cannot add weight to your bat as it might change the batting characteristics as has been mentioned before. No way the same 26 oz bat with a 1 oz end load swings the same as a 30 oz, aside from it's static weight. I like what Easton has done with other bats with the progressive end loads.
You not being able to alter a bat doesn't enter into this discussion. You aren't allowed to endload your bat yourself because of the liability, and the potential for you making the bat exceed standards. You can't have a custom loaded 5 oz end cap flying out and killing a pitcher.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So. Here’s the deal...The Nurpleis a basically 1oz endload in EVERY WEIGHT! It’s a marketing ploy. All weights are based off the moi of the 26oz Nurple

26oz=1oz endload

27oz= 1.5oz which means and extra .5oz in the end and an extra .5oz in handle equaling a 27oz bat and only a 1oz weight differential

28oz= 2oz which means they took a 26 with a 1 oz endload and and added an oz in the end (“2oz end”) and an oz in the handle. Again a 1oz differential.

This way all bats could keep the same moi which is what Easton is really basing there weights on this year. And all it is is just a big marketing game. It’s the same way Miken, Worth and everyone else does their 1 oz endload they just call it a 1 oz. The days of Easton just putting it on the end are gone for now.
It's still progressive, which is all he said, and what's your source for this? He meant the blue line is one ounce in each weight and the nurple is progressive.

Batalot

You not being able to alter a bat doesn't enter into this discussion. You aren't allowed to endload your bat yourself because of the liability, and the potential for you making the bat exceed standards. You can't have a custom loaded 5 oz end cap flying out and killing a pitcher.

That wouldn't be very nice, I do understand that, it was more of a comment from a previous discussion on bat characteristics and how they swung.. probably in another thread.

Batalot

In the real scheme of things a 26 oz bat with 1 oz EL should feel more End loaded that a 28 oz bat with 2 oz of EL and probably( I don't know) swings much faster through the hitting plane.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
This isn’t because they took a 26oz bat and simply just added the extra weight right on the end.

It sure felt like they did...

I miss the old team Easton bats. ST1-Z with a 26 shell and a 6 oz endload.:cool: Buddy had 6 and 7 oz customs direct from Easton, but he was better than me:p

Hiltz

Built for comfort
This isn’t because they took a 26oz bat and simply just added the extra weight right on the end.

There is no doubt in my mind that Easton added all the extra weight to the cap on the endloaded models from 2014-2016.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
There is no doubt in my mind that Easton added all the extra weight to the cap on the endloaded models from 2014-2016.

You are correct. Somehow phone made is into isn’t. From 2014 to 2016 the extra oz as they went up in weight was just out in the end. I will correct my typo.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I agree. I won't say every endloaded model was that way, but a lot of them feel like sledgehammers. Bats like the L1, L2, Kirby, and SIS team edition are super endloaded, as is the SIS Salvo. The L4US and SCN20BW are also massively endloaded.

I don't like a sledgehammer feel on every swing I take, but I love having it as an option. Super endloaded bats do have their place.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sure felt like they did...

I miss the old team Easton bats. ST1-Z with a 26 shell and a 6 oz endload.:cool: Buddy had 6 and 7 oz customs direct from Easton, but he was better than me:p
I had a players model xxle and it was the short barrel 26 with a two ounce endload. It was never as hot as my stock 28 so I think an inner wall was dented or something, but it was still fun to swing.