Help needed

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright guys a little back story for ya.

I was heavy from elementary school until very recently. The only workouts I ever really participated in were weight training in high school for football. Well, I had the lap-band surgery in 2010 and I am down about 200 pounds since then.

I have pretty much reached my goal as far as weight loss is concerned. Now I have a big sag problem haha. Anyways, my need is for a plan of attack to tighten the skin (torso) and bulk up some. I am not looking for a quick fix but more for a little guidance. Thanks for any help you guys may have.

- Daniel

Unfortunately, the skin will continue to be a problem, regardless of how much muscle/size you gain. The only definite removal of sagging skin will be surgery.

With that said, I'd start with researching a book called "Starting Strength". It will begin you on this journey and teach you a good grasp of the basics.

Gadawgs29

Banned User
The one problem from major weight loss surgeries like lap band is the excess skin. Like warning said surgery is only fast and effective way to get rid of it.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately, the skin will continue to be a problem, regardless of how much muscle/size you gain. The only definite removal of sagging skin will be surgery.

With that said, I'd start with researching a book called "Starting Strength". It will begin you on this journey and teach you a good grasp of the basics.

The one problem from major weight loss surgeries like lap band is the excess skin. Like warning said surgery is only fast and effective way to get rid of it.

Thank you gentlemen i apreciate the help. I had a feeling the only way to take care of it would be through surgery but i was hoping there were other ways.

Thanks for the book recommendation I'll definitely look into it.

I'm beyond happy with the results of the surgery but the excess skin is a little irritating. I'm glad to finally be able to comfortably move around and live life. Thanks again for the help gentlemen.

Thank you gentlemen i apreciate the help. I had a feeling the only way to take care of it would be through surgery but i was hoping there were other ways.

Thanks for the book recommendation I'll definitely look into it.

I'm beyond happy with the results of the surgery but the excess skin is a little irritating. I'm glad to finally be able to comfortably move around and live life. Thanks again for the help gentlemen.

I'd guess that you will need the abdominoplasty and, possibly, some sort of adbominal wall reconstruction depending on any damage caused by the excessive weight.

This surgery is usually a "quick" process (1 day in the hospital), but the recovery is a long road. The days immediately following the surgery, are brutal. You will have to be bagged and on heavy drugs. Its definitely not fun. The scars will be very noticable for a number of months. They will eventually fade, though.

I warn you that it becomes addictive, though.

Once you realize that you can resculpt your body through surgery, you start to "see" other "problem" areas that can "easily be fixed".

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd guess that you will need the abdominoplasty and, possibly, some sort of adbominal wall reconstruction depending on any damage caused by the excessive weight.

This surgery is usually a "quick" process (1 day in the hospital), but the recovery is a long road. The days immediately following the surgery, are brutal. You will have to be bagged and on heavy drugs. Its definitely not fun. The scars will be very noticable for a number of months. They will eventually fade, though.

I warn you that it becomes addictive, though.

Once you realize that you can resculpt your body through surgery, you start to "see" other "problem" areas that can "easily be fixed".

Ugh! I REALLY REALLY wanted to avoid any surgery. I'd like to think that I woudn't fall into that resculpting trap but I guess I wouldn't know until it happens.

That definitely does not sound like fun at all. By bagged you mean colostomy right? :eek::mad::( That would suck.

Thanks for the info man, its very much appreciated.

Ugh! I REALLY REALLY wanted to avoid any surgery. I'd like to think that I woudn't fall into that resculpting trap but I guess I wouldn't know until it happens.

That definitely does not sound like fun at all. By bagged you mean colostomy right? :eek::mad::( That would suck.

Thanks for the info man, its very much appreciated.

No. More than likely, you will have 2 tubes inserted just above your rooster, to help with drainage. Those tubes will be connected to collapsed bags (collapsed to provide a low vacuum to aid in suction/drainage), used for collection. You will have to drain the bags into collecting cups and measure the amounts, ~hourly.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
No. More than likely, you will have 2 tubes inserted just above your rooster, to help with drainage. Those tubes will be connected to collapsed bags (collapsed to provide a low vacuum to aid in suction/drainage), used for collection. You will have to drain the bags into collecting cups and measure the amounts, ~hourly.

Nice! I didn't think it could get worse but that sounds amazingly bad. Hahaha