help on 14"

jwashko9

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice so please feel free to give me what ya got. I don't know that its popular at all around the nation, but here in central Illinois I play in a couple 14" ball leagues during the week. There are absolutely no bat restrictions. Most teams use UII's and we have a couple cannons. The balls we use are mostly the 14" balls with a harder outside cover, but occasionally we will throw in the "newer" type with a softer cover, harder core. I'm hoping you guys can throw me down some suggestions on good senior level bats that would be good for this type of ball. I know my best bet would be to go out and buy myself a 28 or 29 oz UII. I have a 26 maxload that's just too light - but great for 12" if I could use it anywhere. Any suggestions on bats? Thanks,

DaMonks

SBF Original..........
I would go up in weight hitting a 14" ball. The heavier bats seem to do better. The bat that I think works well hitting the 14" ball, is the FL gray Combat Snake model. Great pop and durability hitting both 12" and 14" balls.

kilikina211

The Veteran
We play mostly 14" ball here too. The most popular bat is the UII Maxload. I have both the balanced and maxload, and I just ordered a white Centenarian to try out.

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
I swing a 26 oz. Launch 510,hitting the 14" ball.
I've heard you need to swing at least a 28 / 30 oz.,hitting the big ball which is not the case.
Swinging a lighter bat gives you more bat control (consistency),and swinging a little harder gives you distance.
I mainly use the overlap grip and try to hit hard linedrives and if the HR comes it comes!
Consistency is the name of the game.

islandbuilt

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing in a 14" tournament this weekend and I'm taking with me a 32oz SSEST, 30oz ST2Z Connexion and a 29oz Ultra II. I don't know if its allowed, but I'll bring my Toloso Primo too.

islandbuilt

Addicted to Softballfans
Only ASA bats were used for the tournament. The composites bats did okay, older metals were better, but the Z1000's was killing the ball. Gonna try to pick one up before the next 14" tournament.