help on a dictator handle

jwashko9

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can give me some help with this. I have a Reebok green Dictator that I swing mostly in BP. I like the weight distribution, especially for 14" ball - saves the Cannon for a gamer. It may or may not have been thrown into a fence last year and instead of hitting the forgiving fencing, hit the metal pole. The bat itself is perfect and has a ton of life left. The plastic or hardened material (not sure what it is) on the handle cracked in half. Half of it is still attached and looks good. The rod in the middle is fine. But the other half crumbled into pieces. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on sort of fixing it. Maybe using a grip n rip or knobcuff with some tape? I'm open to suggestions here. Thanks,

curtdiggy513

Extra Hitter
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can give me some help with this. I have a Reebok green Dictator that I swing mostly in BP. I like the weight distribution, especially for 14" ball - saves the Cannon for a gamer. It may or may not have been thrown into a fence last year and instead of hitting the forgiving fencing, hit the metal pole. The bat itself is perfect and has a ton of life left. The plastic or hardened material (not sure what it is) on the handle cracked in half. Half of it is still attached and looks good. The rod in the middle is fine. But the other half crumbled into pieces. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on sort of fixing it. Maybe using a grip n rip or knobcuff with some tape? I'm open to suggestions here. Thanks,

Can you post pics?

jwashko9

Addicted to Softballfans
probably be cheaper to buy another green dictator in all honesty

I agree with you. If I really wanted one, or wanted to use it in game situations, I would buy another one. I'm more or less just trying to salvage the one I've got and be able to swing it in BP.

If your just using it for BP you could probably just use a grip & rip and if you need to keep it from sinking in when you grip it fill the empty space with cheap epoxy and tape over it.

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
Maybe you could find a piece of wood or plastic roughly that size and just tape it in place? If you really wanted Im sure you could find some kind of epoxy or something of the sort to mold into the shape of the missing part. Just depends I guess on how much effort you wanted to put into it.

bigbacon

Addicted to Softballfans
You can untape the grip and go to the hardware store and get stick of epoxy. You knead the stick and built the missing half back. When it is cured retake and carry your tape job over the new work. Works great!

kgarrison3

Manager
Just spray the missing part with expanding foam then shave it to shape and use a grip and rip and tape over the foam...