Help!! Trade question. 1 batch Monsta or Mercy?

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Threw a NIW 26oz Mercy up on the local CL (returnable). Given a trade offer of a NIW 27oz Monsta 1st Batch (no warranty). Which is more valuable? Which is the better bat?

Help me out. Thanks guys.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^honestly, I'm thinking along those same lines. But seen some Monstas in the sale section for $200+ well used.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Hands down Mercy. Monsta's aren't all they are cracked up to be IMO...... plus you are getting a return with that Mercy

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
Monsta's are high priced because when 500 people want to try them and he can only make 100 at a time, you end up with idiots paying an arm and a leg for them, and Carl doesnt see a dime of the excess.... Supply and Demand is what drives bat prices, it certainly isnt performance since they all have to stay under the same limit.....

I had one, traded it for a Z... buddy of mine is a rep, between 3 guys on my team, they have the entire ASA line, they are nice, nothing special, and for sures not worth $250 (as seen recently) without a return...

Remember guys, its not the pencil, its how you write your name...

That being said... Mercy all day long.... lol

Last edited:

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I'll pass on the trade, and most likely just pull the wrapper and swing the Mercy.

I had the Monsta and put 700 Bp hits on it with .52's.

held up pretty good. Some webbing. IMO you have to hit just right or its a dud. Its very unforgiving and if you dont hit on the FIB , dont expect much. When you miss it sounds awful like a cracked bat. However if you swing hard and hit on the FIB you will have some nice shots.

The mercy of course has a much larger SS than the Monsta and IMO has much more overall pop that the Monsta. Although I have never in a game homered with the Mercy but did twice with the Monsta last year. Monsta was my BP bat and i got pretty consistent with hitting it on the FIB. The monsta didnt get "good" until around 300 hits and then was a lot more fun after 500. This of course was on the OG and not the LC.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
I will agree with the above comments. A mercy verse a Monsta against 52/300s will be Mercy all the way out of the wrapper. Put 300-400 hits on the Monsta with 44/375 then redo the test they hit almost the same! Maybe the Monsta is ahead alil or the mercy but they are close! Which says alot right there. A mercy at 300-400 hits even with 52s will have a hard time passing compression and the monsta will pass with flying colors. Mercy is a tank compared to everything Demarini except the FuDawg....but the monsta is better! You will be hotter faster with the mercy..hands down. But the Monsta will get there after some work. Mercy will fail way before the Monsta. So its a toss up in my eyes.

This is the Spec Monsta ASA verse the Mercy. It would be a completely different story if it were the Monsta LC. Built in a garage or a shed I will put my 500 hit LC against any bat. I own and have owned several dozen bats and the LC is for real. It gets Aftermath hot around 300 and its still going to where my last 3 AMs cracked and or failed compression by hit 500.

No, im not a Monsta rep nor do I know any.....just my 2 cents.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I will agree with the above comments. A mercy verse a Monsta against 52/300s will be Mercy all the way out of the wrapper. Put 300-400 hits on the Monsta with 44/375 then redo the test they hit almost the same! Maybe the Monsta is ahead alil or the mercy but they are close! Which says alot right there. A mercy at 300-400 hits even with 52s will have a hard time passing compression and the monsta will pass with flying colors. Mercy is a tank compared to everything Demarini except the FuDawg....but the monsta is better! You will be hotter faster with the mercy..hands down. But the Monsta will get there after some work. Mercy will fail way before the Monsta. So its a toss up in my eyes.

This is the Spec Monsta ASA verse the Mercy. It would be a completely different story if it were the Monsta LC. Built in a garage or a shed I will put my 500 hit LC against any bat. I own and have owned several dozen bats and the LC is for real. It gets Aftermath hot around 300 and its still going to where my last 3 AMs cracked and or failed compression by hit 500.

No, im not a Monsta rep nor do I know any.....just my 2 cents.

Yeah. It's the OG ASA Monsta.

Like G said. Once you have some cuts on it with 44/375 it hits the 52/300 pretty good. Like so many, my friend had one last year and got rid of it to soon. Had probably 100 cuts with 44/375 and traded it. That bat now is spitting fire with the 52/300. The guy that got it in the trade still swings it. Get the actual weight on it. The one my friend had was suppose to be a 27 but weighed in at 28.

sjury

The Old Man
I didn't like either bats. I've had both bats. I'd still take a mercy over a Monsta. But I'll stick with my Mutant and Legit.