Here it comes

Doug

Old and Grumpy
200 hits on mine now. Did a team BP (we have a tournament coming up) and most of the others chose to swing the Pure Evil. Having different people hit it is probably the best thing that could have happened for break-in. Sound has gotten much louder and bat is smoking the ball now.

I got this bat and a leftover '22 Anarchy Streets at the same time. At first, the Anarchy was much better. Now the Anarchy, which is breaking in slowly as expected, has 150 hits and it's only slightly better than it was in the beginning.

My next test will be to compare the Pure Evil to my much more broken-in Anarchy Amped.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Used the Pure Evil in a tournament last weekend. Went 5/7 with it against some very good competition. On Sunday both my 60+ team and my league's 65+ team played at the same time and they begged for me to let them use it. I switched to my Anarchy Amped and crushed a few. Pure Evil is still behind but not by much. It has 250 hits on it now all .52's. The Anarchy is well broken-in and at its peak with 700 hits, mostly 52's but enough 44's and BP Rockets to get the job done, now game-only.

DirtBag215

Around 400 swings now after last nights BP session. Ball is jumping off the barrel now. Havenโ€™t looked at the barrel to check for webbing but with the swings me and 2 of my BP partners put on it, seems to be holding up well (the 1 dude hits the ball HARD!!) Current gamers now are my Pure Evil, Pure sidewinder, and Anarchy crusher.

UncleMosk

What balls are you using for BP sessions? Have you noticed 52-300s go farther than harder balls
Yes I did notice as such when I did swing and hit a 44cor. I KNOW shouldn't do it. But 50+ and swing speed is not like it used to be figured let's try it out.

2oldShoe

I have noticed the same thing....but it took awhile to flip... I'm in the 350ish swings with mine now. It's finally opened up ๐Ÿ˜... I was worried/disappointed with the first 120-150 swings, just wasn't getting the distance and feel from the bat I had hoped. But more Tee work, and yes I'll rat myself out, the last 130ish tee swings were with old gold dots, finally bat has come ALIVE for me. But towards the last couple rounds with the gold dots, I also mixed in 6 blue/yellow spinner bp balls and they were out distancing the gold dots in both line drive distance and high spinning bombs. It took time and work but this bat is finally gamer ready for ME. I am more of a 12 inch end load guy, so might be a little adjustment on my part for regularly finding the sweet spot on the Evil 13inch barrel. I'm much happier now with it than pre-break-in ๐Ÿ‘. Thanks Mr Buggs ๐Ÿ˜‡.... PS, I only have a few scuff marks on my barrel so far, no webbing or cracks yet, so durability seems pretty good so far ๐Ÿ‘

2oldShoe

Lol... thank you for the offer ๐Ÿ˜...but I actually have 2 dozen of your evil bp orange/yellow balls ๐Ÿ‘... I should have been more specific on my break-in routine. I exclusively hit 24 evil bps, 12 blue/yellow spinner bps, 9 hot dot 52/300s, 3 Evil 52/300s so 48 balls per round usually.... I didn't hit the old Gold Dots till the last 120 bp swings(out of the approx 350ish total swings it's up to)...18 gold dots, 6 blue/yellow spinners per round. It needed the gold dots to finally open up to gamer status, it just wasn't lively enough initially in game use. It's better and I'm good with it's game performance now ๐Ÿ‘

I was really frustrated with it's performance (Pure Evil) initially...it just took some extra time and work to get to where I like/trust it. I'm glad I waited to speak out on the Evil bat, I was very close to writing a scathing review of all the fanboy hype on it but it's a happy ending for now ๐Ÿ˜, guess that makes me a Fanboy ๐Ÿคฃ...

I am curious if the Pure Sidewinder 12" endload might have been a better fit for me....๐Ÿค”... maybe I'll get one and compare them someday ๐Ÿ˜‡โœŒ๏ธ

DirtBag215

Lol... thank you for the offer ๐Ÿ˜...but I actually have 2 dozen of your evil bp orange/yellow balls ๐Ÿ‘... I should have been more specific on my break-in routine. I exclusively hit 24 evil bps, 12 blue/yellow spinner bps, 9 hot dot 52/300s, 3 Evil 52/300s so 48 balls per round usually.... I didn't hit the old Gold Dots till the last 120 bp swings(out of the approx 350ish total swings it's up to)...18 gold dots, 6 blue/yellow spinners per round. It needed the gold dots to finally open up to gamer status, it just wasn't lively enough initially in game use. It's better and I'm good with it's game performance now ๐Ÿ‘

I was really frustrated with it's performance (Pure Evil) initially...it just took some extra time and work to get to where I like/trust it. I'm glad I waited to speak out on the Evil bat, I was very close to writing a scathing review of all the fanboy hype on it but it's a happy ending for now ๐Ÿ˜, guess that makes me a Fanboy ๐Ÿคฃ...

I am curious if the Pure Sidewinder 12" endload might have been a better fit for me....๐Ÿค”... maybe I'll get one and compare them someday ๐Ÿ˜‡โœŒ๏ธ
The sidewinder is the ****. I like the 12โ€ end loaded barrels too. I basically had the same experience as you with the evil. But itโ€™s definitely game ready now at 400 swings with 52โ€™s.

Doug

Old and Grumpy

My Pure Evil took 200 hits. But yeah it wasn't the best until then. Now it's right up there. Maybe it hits another gear later?

I have a Sidewinder 26.5 that I'm not using.

2oldShoe

My Pure Evil took 200 hits. But yeah it wasn't the best until then. Now it's right up there. Maybe it hits another gear later?

I have a Sidewinder 26.5 that I'm not using.
Dang it... I knew I should have posted on the board that I was looking for a Sidewinder ๐Ÿ˜œ....I spent a lot of time looking for and eventually cash on a new in wrapper Sidewinder 26.5oz... so far I'm 200 Tee swings into it, exclusively with Evil bp's, spinner bp's and Hot dots & Evil 52/300s.... it's almost up to the Pure Evil in performance, a slight nod to the Evil so far but so close it's negligible, if that makes sense ๐Ÿ™ƒ....but I do prefer the Sidewinders sweet spot location, closer to the end cap. Thus the Sidewinder is a better fit for my swing so far ....

I'm done with ASA games till next year, so game swings for final evaluation won't be till next season, I can't seem to find anyone to do live bp anymore ๐Ÿ™„

Both are game ready, I need more practice/game time with both to determine for sure which is the one to specifically game....

Mr Buggs...any chance of a 12 in Evil bat in the future???? ๐Ÿ˜ Or would it be the same as the Sidewinder ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘

duffman99

Has anyone experienced any seaming on the barrel? My evil is starting to develop some seams, I figured it was likely because it's getting more broken in, but I wasn't sure since I haven't really experienced it with my other Utrip pure bats.

DirtBag215

Has anyone experienced any seaming on the barrel? My evil is starting to develop some seams, I figured it was likely because it's getting more broken in, but I wasn't sure since I haven't really experienced it with my other Utrip pure bats.
No seams at 500 swings. Then again, I swing like a *****

UncleMosk

Need to BP a little more but off T was best Pure ASA against the Hellfire, Jericho and Skybolt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_224725.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_224725.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 16