Hey Jered Weaver....

Madster09

League Hero
the hispanics were standing up for each other....i dont blame them for that either, if weaver can talk **** to ordonez why cant guillen stare him down after hit puts one out? its the same thing isnt ? and mags was making sure the ball went fair cause he didnt wanna have to run is fat lazy ass for no reason

Joker

the hispanics were standing up for each other....i dont blame them for that either, if weaver can talk **** to ordonez why cant guillen stare him down after hit puts one out? its the same thing isnt ? and mags was making sure the ball went fair cause he didnt wanna have to run is fat lazy ass for no reason

oh he can stare it down all he wants, but the next batter or the next time he comes they better be prepared to take one in the ribs or a little chin music

jg81

Addicted to Softballfans
And thats exactly what Avila did....he could have charged the mound to lay Weaver out, but he didnt

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine
Also alot of tough guys in here.

Bish you better believe id be serving up some chin music for that.

I bet if you played in the NL you wouldnt Mr. Internet tough guy.

bigcraig

when in doubt, mumble
Its not. But you better believe you can lose a Cy Young with a temper tantrum. Think voters wont remember his crybaby antics? Verlander or Sabathia win it now.

Oh yeah. 'cause Verlander threatening Aybar from the dugout was really classy. :rolleyes:

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
It's pretty easy to tell who the homers are without even lloking. All you have to do is read their post and it's obvious...ijs.

Avila is the only person who showed class during everything. He had to know he was going to get hit or thrown at as soon as Guillen acted like a douche. Throwing at someone's head is not acceptable and deserved an ass whooping but Avila kept his calm. Weaver was pissed as soon as Maglio watched his HR but after what Guillen did he rightfully lost it completely. Maglio can get a pass, I won't say he was right or wrong. Guillen and Weaver should square off in a ring and figure the rest of it out.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
I watched the game from about the 2nd inning on, prior to anything starting.

When Maggs hit the HR, even I was yelling at the TV (yeah, cause it helps, really!) for it to stay fair. You could tell from watching it that it was definitely gone but it was a matter of fair or foul. Looked to only stay fair by about 4 feet, so for Magglio to stand and watch it was simply a matter of whether it was fair or not. I've seen that exact scenario play out a hundred times without incident. Weaver started to lose it there, and was jawing at him as he rounded the bases, then starting jawing at Cabrera when Miguel made the last out of the inning. Even at the time, I was wondering WTF was going on with Weaver. So when the Guillen HR happened I just laughed. Douche move? Depends which side of the fence you are on. But I can say with high confidence that if the majority of people here were in the same situation where a pitcher was yelling at their friend and teammate for doing nothing wrong, they would do the same thing - probably even more. I didn't see Guillen actually say anything, just the stare down and bat flip. Everyone then saw what happened next.

As far as justifying the head hunting, no way. I don't care if some guy does cartwheels around the base paths, you don't go intentionally trying to hurt some guy by throwing at his head. Kirby Puckett's career was ended by a pitch to the head, and one pretty much ended Tony Conigliaro's career as well. If you don't want some guy doing the bat flip and "showing you up" then don't throw him anything he can go yard with. I've seen a bunch of stand and watch bat flips against the Tigers over the past 30 years, and never once am I thinking out pitcher should bean the next guy because of it.

As far as Verlander and Aybar. Go ahead, bunt to break up the no hitter, getting on base however you can is part of the game, especially when it's only a 3 difference. If Verlander was saying he was going to pay Aybar back for the bunt, he needs some growing up to do, but if it was for throwing the elbow, during the rundown, that falls under the eye for an eye category in my book.

Call me a homer, but I rather like some of the bat flips I've seen regardless of which side I am rooting for. Then again, I also liked Joe Horn, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens TD celebrations too.

bigcraig

when in doubt, mumble
Did you know Aybar elbowed him in the chest when he was going off the field?

watch the replay again homer. he claims Aybar elbowed him during the rundown (when V dropped the throw from the 3B). and he didn't elbow him. they ran into each other because V was in the baseline w/o the ball.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
watch the replay again homer. he claims Aybar elbowed him during the rundown (when V dropped the throw from the 3B). and he didn't elbow him. they ran into each other because V was in the baseline w/o the ball.

Yeah, I didn't see a full on elbow throw, but if he thinks he got one thrown at him I can see him saying something. I've been accused of throwing an elbow during a similar situation when I didn't. I was just sort of bracing myself.

doG

dabz
I don't know what the heck was said to Mags to get Guillen to do that (he's normally a calm, cool guy) but it was a bit over the top. Then for Weaver to throw at Avila like that? You want to make a point? Fine, throw behind him or come way inside - don't even risk going for the head like that you moron.

I am impressed w/ Avila though (which of course won't get any air-time). He took the pitch over the head and simply turned, head down and let the drama play out. He could have initiated a all-out, benches clearing brawl right there. Impressive young man.

Couldnt agree more. Throwing at his head was bush imo but a BP fastball to the small of the back was definitely called for after that ridiculous staredown after the homerun.

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine

All I am saying is that JV was yelling from the dugout because he thought he got elbowed.

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine
362020534.jpg

Permacatch

Relegated to 1B
I watched the game from about the 2nd inning on, prior to anything starting.

When Maggs hit the HR, even I was yelling at the TV (yeah, cause it helps, really!) for it to stay fair. You could tell from watching it that it was definitely gone but it was a matter of fair or foul. Looked to only stay fair by about 4 feet, so for Magglio to stand and watch it was simply a matter of whether it was fair or not. I've seen that exact scenario play out a hundred times without incident. Weaver started to lose it there, and was jawing at him as he rounded the bases, then starting jawing at Cabrera when Miguel made the last out of the inning. Even at the time, I was wondering WTF was going on with Weaver. So when the Guillen HR happened I just laughed. Douche move? Depends which side of the fence you are on. But I can say with high confidence that if the majority of people here were in the same situation where a pitcher was yelling at their friend and teammate for doing nothing wrong, they would do the same thing - probably even more. I didn't see Guillen actually say anything, just the stare down and bat flip. Everyone then saw what happened next.

As far as justifying the head hunting, no way. I don't care if some guy does cartwheels around the base paths, you don't go intentionally trying to hurt some guy by throwing at his head. Kirby Puckett's career was ended by a pitch to the head, and one pretty much ended Tony Conigliaro's career as well. If you don't want some guy doing the bat flip and "showing you up" then don't throw him anything he can go yard with. I've seen a bunch of stand and watch bat flips against the Tigers over the past 30 years, and never once am I thinking out pitcher should bean the next guy because of it.

As far as Verlander and Aybar. Go ahead, bunt to break up the no hitter, getting on base however you can is part of the game, especially when it's only a 3 difference. If Verlander was saying he was going to pay Aybar back for the bunt, he needs some growing up to do, but if it was for throwing the elbow, during the rundown, that falls under the eye for an eye category in my book.

Call me a homer, but I rather like some of the bat flips I've seen regardless of which side I am rooting for. Then again, I also liked Joe Horn, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens TD celebrations too.

Welcome to the Homer club.