hey kseaney....

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
They would most likely loose their license to sell them? Just a guess. But we can wait for kseaney:D

Is this hypothetical, or is someone dumb enough to do this?

Last edited:

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
I know exactly who u r talking ant Andrew. What if that worth dealer also has a worth sponsored player working for him as well?

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I would guess he would no longer be a factory hitter. There are people chomping at the bit for those spots.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
other people wanna know too saint.....jeez I ask a thread worthy comment, put it in the right place, and still i get yelled at

knooch21

ancient chinese secret
Is this sorta like a U-trip director outing himself for having shaved bats & someone using it in a tourney...but he only gets "suspended" the rest of the season,back running indoor tourneys already.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
other people wanna know too saint.....jeez I ask a thread worthy comment, put it in the right place, and still i get yelled at

I doubt anything. Guy on a Miken team runs a huge site for that and they dont seem to mind.

cooter

Addicted to Softballfans
should have known you would get this. i would imagine this person would no longer be aloud to do sell or endorse the product plus pay back some money for goods recieved. jmo

ENVY

I doubt anything. Guy on a Miken team runs a huge site for that and they dont seem to mind.

^^^...FACT!!!

I agree I doubt worth privately cares, but for PR reasons they gotta show like they dont like

^^^... Not really, think about it... If you pay 299 for a NIW bat, which is outragish to start... Then look at a NIW SHAVED AND ROLLED on the ghey and it is BIN for 499.99.

IJS, sell alot of bats for 299, and then sell a few hundred for 499.99... Making double the money of the same bat and they know that you can't send it in.

So you have payed 500 dollars for a bat that has no return and will last only few hundred swings... WOW, and the company doesn't even have to give you a replacement. Triple the money, I am no money guru but if I can think up this in 5 mins, then these gurus have been doing this for years.

It is sad that things come this crap. If you need a shaved and rolled bat to put "GAS" on shot down the 3rd base line, you should be playing table tennis... And then to piss the middle with a shaved stick is just down right sad... I know it's part of the game but sad it is...

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I think the question is.....would Worth be okay with a dealer offering shaved bat services out the door of his retail shop?

Country35

Banned User
^^^...FACT!!!

^^^... Not really, think about it... If you pay 299 for a NIW bat, which is outragish to start... Then look at a NIW SHAVED AND ROLLED on the ghey and it is BIN for 499.99.

IJS, sell alot of bats for 299, and then sell a few hundred for 499.99... Making double the money of the same bat and they know that you can't send it in.

So you have payed 500 dollars for a bat that has no return and will last only few hundred swings... WOW, and the company doesn't even have to give you a replacement. Triple the money, I am no money guru but if I can think up this in 5 mins, then these gurus have been doing this for years.

It is sad that things come this crap. If you need a shaved and rolled bat to put "GAS" on shot down the 3rd base line, you should be playing table tennis... And then to piss the middle with a shaved stick is just down right sad... I know it's part of the game but sad it is...

Worth only sells to dealers as far as I know, at set dealer costs....they are gonna make the same off the bats no matter what, doesnt matter what happens once it leaves the warehouse. The warranty point is prolly half on, cuz you gotta figure about 1/2 of customers dont use the warranty anyway (per a demarini fact hitter telling me this). But publicly they have to be against shaving simply because its bad PR to promote cheatings and potential danger to players.

ENVY

Worth only sells to dealers as far as I know, at set dealer costs....they are gonna make the same off the bats no matter what, doesnt matter what happens once it leaves the warehouse. The warranty point is prolly half on, cuz you gotta figure about 1/2 of customers dont use the warranty anyway (per a demarini fact hitter telling me this). But publicly they have to be against shaving simply because its bad PR to promote cheatings and potential danger to players.

I do agree with alot of this, what I meant was that, if the owner of said SHAVING SERVICE AND ROLLING SERVICE was also the MAIN GUY for said MFG company, selling that 499.99 bat is doubling the money off the OG bat and now there is an extra BAT to be sold a returnable bat for 299 or a NR 169.
I knew you were being hypothetical and I was being to analytical.

I apologize for that. But I am willing to bet the higher ups do have a hand in the shaving buisness for sure.

Country35

Banned User
I do agree with alot of this, what I meant was that, if the owner of said SHAVING SERVICE AND ROLLING SERVICE was also the MAIN GUY for said MFG company, selling that 499.99 bat is doubling the money off the OG bat and now there is an extra BAT to be sold a returnable bat for 299 or a NR 169.
I knew you were being hypothetical and I was being to analytical.

I apologize for that. But I am willing to bet the higher ups do have a hand in the shaving buisness for sure.

I havent looked in it recently, but a good cnc machine used to be around 50k or more.....IDK how many bats that is before profitabiliy but to do it right is gonna be a longterm investment (hoping that its a lousy one now the utrip switched). If a MFG could do this yeah they would make a ton of cash, but at the same time wouldnt they just make thinner bats to start with? I gotta admit while I dont swing doctored bats I do love this topic.

ENVY

I havent looked in it recently, but a good cnc machine used to be around 50k or more.....IDK how many bats that is before profitabiliy but to do it right is gonna be a longterm investment (hoping that its a lousy one now the utrip switched). If a MFG could do this yeah they would make a ton of cash, but at the same time wouldnt they just make thinner bats to start with? I gotta admit while I dont swing doctored bats I do love this topic.

I can honestly say I don't use them either, and I do love this topic. Ok, you said a good lathe/CNC machine is around 50k, well if you have ever been on WHB's or any of those sites you will see about 5-10 machines in a warehouse almost exactly like a MFG place.

^^BOLDED^^ BASS, tried this and it was an ultimate fail...

Country35

Banned User
I can honestly say I don't use them either, and I do love this topic. Ok, you said a good lathe/CNC machine is around 50k, well if you have ever been on WHB's or any of those sites you will see about 5-10 machines in a warehouse almost exactly like a MFG place.

^^BOLDED^^ BASS, tried this and it was an ultimate fail...

I broke a bass in under 50 cuts, lol, I havent even seen a shaved bat get broke that quick.....100 bucks is about what a shave job costs still I am assuming...thats A **** TON of cut bats there, if composites ever get completely outlawed CNC machines are gonna be on the cheap.

ENVY

^^^ Yep... They will never get outlawed. In SC you can swing any bat but ultras and titaniums in any association. It makes the bat buying experience a plus. When I was in the service we had to have an ASA bat, I am so glad I don't HAVE TO fork out another couple of hundred dollars on one specific bats. I am almost certain that we are not adopting the new bat rules either so here in SC what is out right now will always be FIRE for me... So I am waiting on all of these companies to start dumping these 2011 bats without the stickers for the low low...

ENVY

yeah you'll be set unless yall play outa state for worlds or NITS and such

Yeah, well that would be the case except we play mostly ISA and ISA is not as strict about the new usssa rules so we will always be in the clear. The team I currently play doesn't travel to play out of state so don't have to worry about that. It sucks here, I have been playing ball in SC for 3 years and I have yet to travel out of state to play in a worlds. I did play in the Military worlds in 09 but that was with a team out of NC

kseaney

Just an old baller
Not sure what would happen to a dealer. I assume the state sales rep would make that decision.

I know if a buy-in team/sponsored team gets caught, they pull the deal.