High School Softball

Moneytree

Addicted to Softballfans
I know most people look at high school ball as anywhere between a necessary evil and a complete waste of their DD's time. I personally feel that its a great opportunity for the DD to play with her friends and strengthen the ties to the community. It doesn't hurt that the DD's school is pretty darn good.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
The majority of the schools around here have 2-5 good players and the rest are ehhh to awful. My daughter's school is very successful, but its the same way on her team. Half the players don't touch a glove or bat from the end of the season to the start of tryouts.

casedawg51

Vinci Rep/Fastpitch
Most are bad, with a couple TB players. A handful in the state make it a priority and will get transfers because of it. Big gap between the haves and have nots with little change or drama come playoff time.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
our conference and area is better than most Im told. our top 4-5 teams in the conference are real good...bunch of players will play in college, some D1...bottom of conference is awful and being a private school, our non conference games are a joke for the most part...until state playoffs

jw215

Addicted to Softballfans
It's hit or miss here. For our HS I can't think of one starter on JV or V that doesn't play travel ball. Our JV most years would be competitive at the V level. We have a great program and being a private school we can travel and play some of the power houses in NJ and NY during the season. State playoffs are pretty competitive, but most regular season games are over early. I'm just happy some of the schools still have JV programs around here and there are girls willing to go out and field a team. I respect that.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
Our JV team is unwatchable. Coach places all the decent girls on varsity, whether they get any time or not, which I think is dumb.

cwestwjg

Addicted to Softballfans
I know most people look at high school ball as anywhere between a necessary evil and a complete waste of their DD's time. I personally feel that its a great opportunity for the DD to play with her friends and strengthen the ties to the community. It doesn't hurt that the DD's school is pretty darn good.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

Can anyone even hit B in HS?;)

cwestwjg

Addicted to Softballfans
DD school is fairly stacked with big hitters, a few girls with wheels, and a strong DII committed pitcher so they hold their own as long as our pitcher has gas. 22 girls and they all play TB so they do it for the HS experience. Coach does a good job of playing the upper classmen and lets his top JV kids run and fill in so they get recorded in the varsity game. We have a wait your turn system and the kids don't seem to mind.

Lots of talent in our district most schools are full of TB players.

rain

Addicted to Softballfans
Our varsity team has 7 "A" level TB players and one"B" level. We should do well and have a long history of winning our conference but times are changing. After this year we will probably plummet as our JV team is horrendous and everyone is leaving for other sports.

Jdaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
DD school is fairly stacked with big hitters, a few girls with wheels, and a strong DII committed pitcher so they hold their own as long as our pitcher has gas. 22 girls and they all play TB so they do it for the HS experience. Coach does a good job of playing the upper classmen and lets his top JV kids run and fill in so they get recorded in the varsity game. We have a wait your turn system and the kids don't seem to mind.

Lots of talent in our district most schools are full of TB players.

Look forward to seeing you all play this year. If you can make it to the Powell game, I will buy you a coke. Least I can do for turning us on to Vinci!