hit the wild fire flex

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
got a chance to swing the new prototype bat that sbf is releasing in December. First I want to thank sbf for giving me the opportunity to swing this bat. The bat I was hitting was a 26.5 with the 13.2in barrel. Not sure how many swings the bat had on it but it felt great. The 26.5 had a nice end load that you could feel and it traveled through the zone smoothly. The bat didn't feel as soft as last years fireflex but the sweet spot was huge and the ball seemed to carry very well even when I got under it. Exit speed off the bat was really nice line drives got out quick. Distance was great off the bat especially with as humid of a night as it was last night. Honestly it's always humid here in Florida though. The Easton I have been swinging has been the resmondo and I liked the feel of this bat even more than the resmondo. Honestly I try not to hype things up but for me and my swing this bat works perfect, soon as I can im going to order as many as I can and call it a day for this year and next year. we filmed the bp session but im not smart enough to post it lol. Honestly great job on this bat sbf you have a winner here.

Last edited:

jhitman

got a chance to swing the new prototype bat that sbf is releasing in December. First I want to thank sbf for giving me the opportunity to swing this bat. The bat I was hitting was a 26.5 with the 13.2in barrel. Not sure how many swings the bat had on it but it felt great. The 26.5 had a nice end load that you could feel and it traveled through the zone smoothly. The bat didn't feel as soft as last years fireflex but the sweet spot was huge and the ball seemed to carry very well even when I got under it. Exit speed off the bat was really nice line drives got out quick. Distance was great off the bat especially with as humid of a night as it was last night. Honestly it's always humid here in Florida though. The Easton I have been swinging has been the resmondo and I liked the feel of this bat even more than the resmondo. Honestly I try not to hype things up but for me and my swing this bat works perfect, soon as I can im going to order as many as I can and call it a day for this year and next year. we filmed the bp session but im not smart enough to post it lol. Honestly great job on this bat sbf you have a winner here.

Two things: 1) Do you think it hits better than the OG? 2) What type of softballs were being hit in the vid?

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I hit the og well and I think this is right on par with that. The og felt softer to me I could be wrong though, that’s just my opinion. We were hitting 3 year old evil bp balls and 44 400’s. We hit some 52’s with it too. Honestly didn’t matter what ball I hit they all responded well. After we cut the video we hit new freedomballs and those were coming off even hotter. Hope that helps honestly I could swing this and be just as happy with it as I am my resmondo

jhitman

I hit the og well and I think this is right on par with that. The og felt softer to me I could be wrong though, that’s just my opinion. We were hitting 3 year old evil bp balls and 44 400’s. We hit some 52’s with it too. Honestly didn’t matter what ball I hit they all responded well. After we cut the video we hit new freedomballs and those were coming off even hotter. Hope that helps honestly I could swing this and be just as happy with it as I am my resmondo

Thanks for the info. I had the OG Fireflex but was more of a Miken guy than Easton. But I did like the way the ball came off of the bat. Might give this new one a try.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Thanks for the info. I had the OG Fireflex but was more of a Miken guy than Easton. But I did like the way the ball came off of the bat. Might give this new one a try.

glad to help don't let my ugly swing deter you from the bat.

jhitman

glad to help don't let my ugly swing deter you from the bat.

Ugly swing....you were crushing the ball. I wish the 52's would come off the bat like in the vid. Especially here in the humidity, sounds like hitting a wet sponge. In the Fall when the weather cools down the ball flies so much better.

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
Wasn't there a balanced version coming too?

Also, curious if the prototypes that you (and BP Hero) were swinging will have to change and include the new 360 technology that will be available in the new FireFlex 2 bat that comes out next month. If so, then the feel and reviews on the SBF prototype (WildFire) will probably change since they had the last year's tech in the bat.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Wasn't there a balanced version coming too?

Also, curious if the prototypes that you (and BP Hero) were swinging will have to change and include the new 360 technology that will be available in the new FireFlex 2 bat that comes out next month. If so, then the feel and reviews on the SBF prototype (WildFire) will probably change since they had the last year's tech in the bat.

the balanced will be a Canadian exclusive again if im not mistaken, honestly I think the new technology is in the prototype bat but I could be wrong. even if technology changes the swing feel will be the same and honestly the new Easton's will be as good as last years.

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
the balanced will be a Canadian exclusive again if im not mistaken, honestly I think the new technology is in the prototype bat but I could be wrong. even if technology changes the swing feel will be the same and honestly the new Easton's will be as good as last years.

The bat will feel quite different if it has the 360 technology compared to the first batch FireFlex bats from the beginning of this year. They added a layer to stiffen up the bat so it won't fail compression after 50 swings. I am sure the feel of the bat will change.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
My only question is why is Easton dabbling in all these crazy barrel lengths? 12.75 & 13.25 unless it's like Miken and Worth where they would call the 12 inch Miken barrel a 12.5 for Worth and they were still the same size. I guess anything will generate more sales

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
The bat will feel quite different if it has the 360 technology compared to the first batch FireFlex bats from the beginning of this year. They added a layer to stiffen up the bat so it won't fail compression after 50 swings. I am sure the feel of the bat will change.

This bat doesn’t feel like the first batch fireflex at all

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Is that a good or bad thing? If the first batch fails compression faster, isn’t it hotter?

Well this didn’t feel like the og fireflex I have swung it the blue and the resmondo. This barrel felt stiffer to me. Ball still comes off it really good it just doesn’t feel as soft as the og fireflex. Not sure if it was new technology or not. Even the newer fab 14 has a stiffer feel than the resmondo. This feels similar to that barrel. With that being said I’m not sure if the fab14 softens up. Most similar comparison I can make with that being said the feel of this bat feels better than fab 14. Either way if technology changes from pro type to this it will still have s good feel and I will swing it. Hopefully that helps because in my opinion feel is why most of us buy a bat. My bp bat is a kirby some would consider it a turd I like it. Made this video to show off the bat I’m not an expert on reviews or filming this stuff. Bp hero is like Spielberg I’m like a low budget guy lol. Just wanted to put something out they let me try it and I’m saying I like it it’s good. If it was no help then my bad.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Well this didn’t feel like the og fireflex I have swung it the blue and the resmondo. This barrel felt stiffer to me. Ball still comes off it really good it just doesn’t feel as soft as the og fireflex. Not sure if it was new technology or not. Even the newer fab 14 has a stiffer feel than the resmondo. This feels similar to that barrel. With that being said I’m not sure if the fab14 softens up. Most similar comparison I can make with that being said the feel of this bat feels better than fab 14. Either way if technology changes from pro type to this it will still have s good feel and I will swing it. Hopefully that helps because in my opinion feel is why most of us buy a bat. My bp bat is a kirby some would consider it a turd I like it. Made this video to show off the bat I’m not an expert on reviews or filming this stuff. Bp hero is like Spielberg I’m like a low budget guy lol. Just wanted to put something out they let me try it and I’m saying I like it it’s good. If it was no help then my bad.

It makes sense about the barrel feeling softer in the OG Fireflex. Hopefully i’ll be able to demo the Wildfire Flex.

I’m low budget too! Lol...just take the video and post...need to practice my BP Hero editing skills when i have more time.

gatordavis

Addicted to Softballfans
So...

Pastor Larry?

Commenting on the video is like watching Anthony Kelley hit 380ft bombs with Combats.

Really bro? I was here for this video. Bulldog10 can hit the ball. He puts his time into practicing. Besides he made this video to show what the new sbf Easton is going to be like. So why bash him?
Better yet let’s see you make a bp video and see who hits better. Until then stfu

Last edited:

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
It's a funny thing man people are going to have opinions. Never do I come on here and disrespect someone's hitting, I never come on here and say I play ball at this level or hit this hard. Doesn't matter what someone says to me because the truth is exactly what you are saying, I put in work I can hit the ball and I'm not asking someone to critique my swing. The point of this thread was to give my opinions on the bat and to thank sbf for letting me hit it. Really over the last few years I have become a much more laid back person and arguing with somebody on here is pointless. He doesn't like my swing or thinks this or that by a two minute video, good for him. You told him to post his swing really who cares at the end of the day I don't care what he thinks. Does his opinion change my life, no does his opinion change the way my kids see me again no. So I don't want this thread derailed by one persons opinion. He's entitled to it and honestly god bless him and I wish him nothing but the best in life. Now I will respectfully ask him to stay out of my thread and keep anymore unconstructive opinions to himself.

BOLTMAN21

Manager

Nice cuts here. Any more feedback on these after more cuts?? Hoping to grab one soon.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
LOVE MINE! I try other bats from time to time but always go back to this one. I've personally not had a bat I like this much in over 10 years. U won't regret it!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine seemed to need more hits than my other bats to open up, but she's pretty good now. I'd say I'm still under 100 hits though.