Hitting 400 Ft Bombs

bigwrig6

Addicted to Softballfans
I know the amount of posts directly affects how far you hit the ball but can someone pleaser let me know how to hit 400 ft bombs? Chicks dig the long ball, and there is no better feeling in the world like hitting a home run for an out 400 ft. So can somebody please tell me how to legally accomplish this feat? My wife is going to leave me if I don't start hitting the ball over 375 ft. Help!

Ryan Gash

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing out of your shoes wont always help you hit the ball farther. Try cutting down on the ball and making sure you have solid contact. Cutting the ball will create more back spin. Summer is also a downer on distance. I had a few in spring go 375 but this summer i've only had one go out barely and the rest at the top of the fence. This hundred degree everyday crap in Missouri has been rough.

TXOutlaws

Coach
Trolls.jpg

Tonynik

Coach
There's an excellent video out there called "Blasting Bombs and Spraying Singles." For $20, the video is well worth the investment. I went from warning track power to hitting the ball 360 feet to sometimes 400 with a little bit of wind and the perfect swing.
The video talks about rotational hitting and how to roll your wrists over for second level bat speed.......

OldManThreeNuts

Catching and batting last
TECHNIQUE, Core strength, wrist strength. Work on your swing in that order then worry about what bat you're using.

In the mean time, does your wife have big bewbs? Just curious. I hit around 400.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand softball players. I don't think that its only chicks that dig the longball, I think it is coaches and other players too. It seems like anyone who can hit 400 usually has a guaranteed position on any team they want. I have tried everything, bp, lifting doing a lot of core exercises, shoulders and legs and i never saw significant performance gains. I do however, try to keep my weight below 170. I might just give up and get fat and see if that helps my distance. Honestly, looking at some of these fat boys, they don't really have bat speed like everyone says, some of them know how to really put their weight into their swing.

scott1975

The Veteran
I would take a consistent singles hitter any day over a HR hitter. In our league you only get 2hr per game. On our team, speed means runs, if the balls hits the grass, you should be on second. Speed will win a game every time.

jakej1320

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand softball players. I don't think that its only chicks that dig the longball, I think it is coaches and other players too. It seems like anyone who can hit 400 usually has a guaranteed position on any team they want. I have tried everything, bp, lifting doing a lot of core exercises, shoulders and legs and i never saw significant performance gains. I do however, try to keep my weight below 170. I might just give up and get fat and see if that helps my distance. Honestly, looking at some of these fat boys, they don't really have bat speed like everyone says, some of them know how to really put their weight into their swing.

How tall are you? Leverage plays a big part.... My brother weighs 170, but is 6'1", and he will put the ball out when few can... with a stock stick.... Its a combination of elastic strength an excellent technique, but you have to have both strength and technique or you will not maximize your power. BP without good swing technique won't increase your power much either.

If someone mashes the ball, they do have plenty of peak bat speed, you just can't see it.. I'm not talking about average bat speed throughout the swing, but peak bat speed at contact.

Em19cz

The Rookie
I would contact Steve Englishbey, he is a well known hitting coach.

It's gonna take hard work but you can get better.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Not sure about 400 but be strong and fast at contact. hitting your farthest = be able to swing close to your max but have bat control at the same time so you hit the right trajectory and cut the ball. One time I realized when messing around in BP and trying to hit bombs that I wasnt swinging really hard in games.

DC427

Silver Slugger
I think I have approached 400'. Consistently? Of course not. To hit it that far you must have everything working perfectly together. I know what you are saying though. I feel like a turd when I hit the solo homerun that barely gets over the fence. But when that happens, it is usually off the hands or the end cap.