Hitting over 300 plus

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Must admit it's a lot easier to do it in b.p. being thrown meat balls.

I hit worse in bp and usually dont hit them out. Then in games when i try to just hit over a shallow OFs head i end up hitting a dinger. I guess its cause im not punped up in bp.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
lulz, I saw this in baseball my whole life and now I see it in softball, it's called the noob estimation.

85 MPH - 90 MPH - 95 MPH

The noob has no frame of reference, so he swears that 85 is 90, and 90 is 95. He, of course, has never seen a 95 MPH fastball.

350 feet - 375 feet - 400 feet

The noob has no frame of reference, so he swears that 350 is 375, and 375 is 400. He may have seen a handful of 400 foot home runs in his life (although probably not, he plays rec leagues), but to him those are 450.

And on and on it goes......

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit worse in bp and usually dont hit them out. Then in games when i try to just hit over a shallow OFs head i end up hitting a dinger. I guess its cause im not punped up in bp.

You hit garbage fatter than you hit meatballs

I'm still not real sure that very many of you know how far 400' is.

I've seen it twice I think. One each by 2 guys that annihilate the ball. You know it when a long ways when people on the next field over are wondering how a ball got that far into their field.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
This thread is hilarious. I think all this "Command on 350' and command on 400'" **** is a joke. 400' is a long ways away. Small percentage of people can attain it and when they do, the stars aligned up perfectly.

For example, I was at a HR derby 2 years ago in Vegas. Wegman, Crine, Larsen, etc. Big names right? Using their bats, stadium balls in cool crisp air. Furthest ball hit that night was 426' by Bryce Oliveira. There were others that cleared 400' that night, but not on the consistent like you guys are thinking. And that's under great conditions.

Like it was said earlier, go hit on a baseball field and be humbled. 400' is a ways away. Can it be done, absolutely. Is it done on the regular? Nope.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
This thread is hilarious. I think all this "Command on 350' and command on 400'" **** is a joke. 400' is a long ways away. Small percentage of people can attain it and when they do, the stars aligned up perfectly.

For example, I was at a HR derby 2 years ago in Vegas. Wegman, Crine, Larsen, etc. Big names right? Using their bats, stadium balls in cool crisp air. Furthest ball hit that night was 426' by Bryce Oliveira. There were others that cleared 400' that night, but not on the consistent like you guys are thinking. And that's under great conditions.

Like it was said earlier, go hit on a baseball field and be humbled. 400' is a ways away. Can it be done, absolutely. Is it done on the regular? Nope.

Bingo !

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans

To answer the OP's question...I see anywhere from 3 - 6 homeruns a night during my league games on average, so yes...they do happen with more frequency than what you're seeing. But to everyone else's point...all this 350' & 400' talk is WHACK! I have hit a few homeruns, but cannot do it on call like some can. I'd say MOST of my homeruns go about 315'-320' (that's solely a guesstimation based on playing on 308' fences). Most of the other guys on my team hit about the same distance.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans

This is SBF's don't come out here with this logic and truthfulness!!!! :D :mod:

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...
Plus, a lot these dudes that hit it 350+ on command, play E ball. Why don't you guys play up, if you hit it that far on the regular?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I'll say it again....

If a dude's consistently punching out >350', he's playing conference, we've watched his youtube vids trying to learn to hit like him, likely has his name on a bat, and could give a crap less about bragging on a forum board.

There's no such thing as a HR in BP, only happens in games, there is a significant difference.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I'll say it again....

If a dude's consistently punching out >350', he's playing conference, we've watched his youtube vids trying to learn to hit like him, likely has his name on a bat, and could give a crap less about bragging on a forum board.

There's no such thing as a HR in BP, only happens in games, there is a significant difference.

I saw this comment earlier. I agree with it.

Bubaloo

Manager
I'll say it again....

True that. I've hit over 350 maybe 2-3 times in my life in a game.
In bp way more often as u get to hit 50 balls and have better pitching where u are trying throw muffins
in our league with 310 fences I've seen 2 home runs personally. And I hit them. Most guys hit warning track. It's a lot less then u think in coed

huzzdog

retired
i watched a d nit in my home town this past weekend. teams from 5 states were playing in this. the field was 325 all the way around and they were hitting hot dots. i saw 1 hr in 10 games. they weren't worried about making a mistake.. guys swung from their shoes knowing they wouldn't hit a mistake out. after the tourney ended there was an informal hr derby with the same hot dots. a couple dudes could hit it about half the time the others not even close and they both play c or b utrip tourney ball

hoopsstar22

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a little surprised that so many guys play in leagues where no one hits home runs.

In my regular ASA league, we've hit 34 HRs in 5 games so far. Our 1-6 hitters all have multi HR games, but even our little 9-10 guys have cleared the fence at least once this season. Last year I think we had 13 in 1 game as a team.

In the Sunday Utrip league I sub in every once in a while, the top 2 teams have hit 45 and 43 Hrs thru 8 games. I hit 4 in the double header I played in 2 weeks ago.

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
Very few guys are hitting balls 400 feet with stock bats..........derby bats are a different story!!

The farthest ball I have ever hit in a game was 396+ (google earth), I had to it was the farthest ball I had ever hit.

Ideal conditions: Worth Blue Dots, Very broken in OG USSSA Jeffhall, cold so the balls were harder and it was a superdraft where we were getting 4 seam cookies, I'm sure there was some wind but not gail force winds.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a little surprised that so many guys play in leagues where no one hits home runs.

In my regular ASA league, we've hit 34 HRs in 5 games so far. Our 1-6 hitters all have multi HR games, but even our little 9-10 guys have cleared the fence at least once this season. Last year I think we had 13 in 1 game as a team.

In the Sunday Utrip league I sub in every once in a while, the top 2 teams have hit 45 and 43 Hrs thru 8 games. I hit 4 in the double header I played in 2 weeks ago.

:rolleyes:

musiclife_7

Star Player
It depends on a lot of factors. Altitude, wind, balls, bats, field dimensions, skill of players.

I play in league and tournies and HRs are hit all day in both. Most tournaments now are using the 52/275 or 40/325 Classic M....hasn't slowed the rates of HRs here in TX. Most of the D and upper use their homers every game. BP HRs don't count. If a guy hits a 350+ HR in games on the regular he's a beast. I hit HRs all the time....but hitting 350+ is probably 1/5 for me. Usually 330ish. You have to hit these mush balls correctly if you want them to fly.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
The number of HRs also depends on the HR limits and number of HR hitters on the team. It's easier to hit HR on a team where only 1 or 2 guys can hit HRs because you don't have to worry so much about saving the HRs for HR situations. When half of the team can hit them, then you end up trying to keep the ball down except when you have 2 or 3 runners on base.

Unlimited HR leagues?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
our fields are 315 and the top limit is 1 hr. i try to use the hr as a weapon while pitching. get them to waste it on a solo and then throw cookies for outs. we have teams where 7-8 guys can hit them. not all of them really regularly but can still put the swing together. 52/300s

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans

Depending on what division you play in depends on how many HRs are allowed. B= 7 hrs, C (has coed also) = 4 hrs and D, church, coed= 2hrs. We have teams that max out every game in all divisions. Have 8 fields, 4 have 300' fence and the other 4 are at 285.

BT802

The Veteran
I'd say out of the 120 or so players we have in town there are only about 10-12 that can hit it out of our 300' field.. and out of those 10 probably only 4-5 that do it often and 2-3 of those that do it regularly.

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
The way that people talk, you would think that you see homeruns all the time. From my experience, I might see 1 or 2 a game and that is from what I've seen in about 4 leagues. Even in tournaments, (military B), you'll definitely see a couple a game, maybe see a few. There was a tournament that I played in consisting of all SBF members and the fields were about 285 and I think the homeruns in that tournament were about 10 a game because everyone could hit plus the other teams were using shaved bats supposedly.

Last year in Morro Bay Calif. They had an unlimited homerun tourney. There was 240-260 homeruns total for the weekend. One team had guys fly in from all over the contry.