Hottest ASA Freak bat?

John1007

Addicted to Softballfans
swung my bros red superfreak 98 fresh out the wrapper at a game, it was pretty hot fresh out the wrapper.

swung a freak dst maxload at bp in the spring, guy said it was well broken in and it was very nice, not as nice as the super freak 98,

hands down a well broken in freak 98 is the best bat I ever swung in ASA.

good luck

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't even know there was a superfreak 98. It by far looks the best! But I have yet to swing a good asa freak. I swung the turbo and thought it was garbage and every 98 i have swung have been nothing like the Freak and I don't even notice the performance difference between the freak and freak +. I say that because you would think that there would be a very small difference between a freak and freak 98. I went to kelly's ultimate sports to check out that superfreak. It has a nice sound to it I think. It probably falls under the new bat testing though

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't even know there was a superfreak 98. It by far looks the best! But I have yet to swing a good asa freak. I swung the turbo and thought it was garbage and every 98 i have swung have been nothing like the Freak and I don't even notice the performance difference between the freak and freak +. I say that because you would think that there would be a very small difference between a freak and freak 98. I went to kelly's ultimate sports to check out that superfreak. It has a nice sound to it I think. It probably falls under the new bat testing though

The Turbo is a repainted Nemesis, not really a Freak at all. The Superfreak 98 is an exclusive repaint of the DST with a slightly different balance point. There's a pretty sizable different between the Freak and the Freak 98 -- remember, the Freak was allowed to come out of the wrapper at 100mph as per the agreement between ASA and manufacturers; the Freak 98 was nowhere near that NOW. The performance difference between the Freak+ and Freak LE is going to be negligible, and entirely up to the hitter. The Superfreak, the black one, does not fall under new testing standards, because it's not an ASA bat; the red Superfreak 98, however, is a post-ABI bat.

All of them are HOT because you can paint them. :eek:

I'm waiting for the MV-1/3 -> Freak DST conversions.

hitsone

Here's picts of one I sold; Darn I sure miss the beloved Freaks.
IMGP0121.jpg

IMGP0135.jpg

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought the super freak 98 and it was wicked hot out of the wrapper, the sweet spot is huge and I like it better than my freak 98. However I cant comment on anything but the super freak 98 and the regular freak.