Hottest bat you've ever owned?

cordo22

Addicted to Softballfans
I once left a metal bat outside in the sun all day, it got very hot in a matter of hours.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
I had on OG Ressy Mutant that was stupid, and my JH120 mayhem reissue was pretty nasty right before it shark-toothed :(

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
How many hits and consistency I get outta the st100h's, it is hard to say there is a better bat for me...its all Personal Preference tho? Like Joker said, how original of a thread because u get so many different answers because it is about feel. 100h gives u a ton of swings, and a ton of good swings out of them!

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
owned = jmac virus plague, webbed and all purdy. just ungodly sound with echoes at BLD

hit = dc41 28oz/30oz, hit 1st 400ft shot with those

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Oh geez so many but the one that instantly comes to mind is one particular 28 oz. Blur. ASA.

Yes I said Blur. No I am not kidding. Comparing everything shaved, senior, prototype, Ti, I've been fortunate to swing a lot of hot bats, several which were cheater or novelty that only came out of the bag for HR derbies or giggles. I can name a half dozen at least I liked better than the Ultra.

When Sam was doing his compression and other people made fun of him (just like they said Shrimp17 was crazy for rolling bats) he stumbled on the Blur. When you compressed those to the point of ugly--paint coming off in sections and sharktooths starting--they tested against even worked Ultras favorably. All of us who did the comparison with a stock Ultra II found the Blurs hotter. Every single time. The people making fun of him started doing it.

Anyone who says the Blurs suck, which is pretty much everyone who ever swung one, is wrong. Even when the stock ones had their 75-100 swings of hot in between 1000 swings of turd and catastrophic explosion, those swings were HOT. Take a redlining Wrath or Envy and add 15 feet.

So anyway before this bedtime story gets too long, I compressed a Blur myself, but not to the point Sam did. Still needed a couple hundred swings and then...I'll skip the superlatives and stories of guys with WTP getting into the 350' parking lot. Or the backyards or woods or roads I reached and haven't since. That Blur was simply the hottest bat I have put to ball. I wish I would have known (I just thought my swing had finally come together) as I wasn't playing league or sanctioned tourneys and wasted it in BP and pickup games and graduation parties.

When I returned it they sent me that orange and brownish Crush Composite, which is ironic. That was the worst composite bat I've swung that wasn't a Steele's No Limit or Miken HHD.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
My j2u with 3,000 swings and sounded like a rain stick, was the hottest bat iv ever had, it would out hit senior bats and some shaved bats I know pple had.

3drian

Starting Player
I honestly have not tried that many bats, I am a Demarini guy, and for me i would have to be a 28oz VX2. The bat probably has 2000+ hits since the whole team uses it, and it still spits fire, too bad it does not pass the compression test anymore.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
With the harder balls my Tiphoon would send the the furthest. Followed closely by my Lady Virus and 1st batch SCX2. Hit the most bombs with my OG Psycho though, when it died it must have had well over 5k swings and felt like an Ultra 2.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh geez so many but the one that instantly comes to mind is one particular 28 oz. Blur. ASA.

Yes I said Blur. No I am not kidding. Comparing everything shaved, senior, prototype, Ti, I've been fortunate to swing a lot of hot bats, several which were cheater or novelty that only came out of the bag for HR derbies or giggles. I can name a half dozen at least I liked better than the Ultra.

When Sam was doing his compression and other people made fun of him (just like they said Shrimp17 was crazy for rolling bats) he stumbled on the Blur. When you compressed those to the point of ugly--paint coming off in sections and sharktooths starting--they tested against even worked Ultras favorably. All of us who did the comparison with a stock Ultra II found the Blurs hotter. Every single time. The people making fun of him started doing it.

Anyone who says the Blurs suck, which is pretty much everyone who ever swung one, is wrong. Even when the stock ones had their 75-100 swings of hot in between 1000 swings of turd and catastrophic explosion, those swings were HOT. Take a redlining Wrath or Envy and add 15 feet.

So anyway before this bedtime story gets too long, I compressed a Blur myself, but not to the point Sam did. Still needed a couple hundred swings and then...I'll skip the superlatives and stories of guys with WTP getting into the 350' parking lot. Or the backyards or woods or roads I reached and haven't since. That Blur was simply the hottest bat I have put to ball. I wish I would have known (I just thought my swing had finally come together) as I wasn't playing league or sanctioned tourneys and wasted it in BP and pickup games and graduation parties.

When I returned it they sent me that orange and brownish Crush Composite, which is ironic. That was the worst composite bat I've swung that wasn't a Steele's No Limit or Miken HHD.
How about that AX4...or the Bobby Buggs PST.....oh wait. I want to change my vote to that one!!!

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
With the harder balls my Tiphoon would send the the furthest. Followed closely by my Lady Virus and 1st batch SCX2. Hit the most bombs with my OG Psycho though, when it died it must have had well over 5k swings and felt like an Ultra 2.

There are balls I hit with my TI that are still traveling. Not only did it hit unreal distances the speed off that bat was beyond insane. Legitamtly blew open 2-3 opposing gloves. The the looks on peoples faces as the ball blew past them was
astonishing. :firedevil:

single wally

Professional Amateur
JHM7120, Super Freak, and ST100. Seems like luck of the draw with the incredibly hot ones due to small production variances in composite layering and resin. I owned / tried multiples of each but there was one of each model that stood out head and shoulders above the rest once fully broken in.