HotW shipping update

lefty8

Coach
Haven't gone mine from DS yet. From what I here don't know if Dudley will recall the Hot W. Cracked 8 in Florida from Alan Tanner's batch. One guy used Evil balls. To me the Shark and Evil balls are to hard for any senior bat.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
My guys out is southern California cracked 3 out of the 4 they where hitting - all the bats where the HOT 14" and all 26oz bats and they where using regular 44/374 USSSA balls . Not what anyone wants to hear right now that did a preorder.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Haven't gone mine from DS yet. From what I here don't know if Dudley will recall the Hot W. Cracked 8 in Florida from Alan Tanner's batch. One guy used Evil balls. To me the Shark and Evil balls are to hard for any senior bat.

That sucks big time. Chuy, that's why I told you to wait. Glad we did. Velasquez didn't do any favors releasing his review on DEMO'S.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
My guys out is southern California cracked 3 out of the 4 they where hitting - all the bats where the HOT 14" and all 26oz bats and they where using regular 44/374 USSSA balls . Not what anyone wants to hear right now that did a preorder.

You're not talking stress cracks, right? But broken sticks?

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Wear re talking broken bats .. I think Dave does a great job on his bat evaluations but perhaps doing a review on a Demo might not be the best way to go here.

troung1

Addicted to Softballfans
Wear re talking broken bats .. I think Dave does a great job on his bat evaluations but perhaps doing a review on a Demo might not be the best way to go here.

I am surprised. I would think that the demos would be hotter and not neccessaiy more durable.

lb16

the natural
I am surprised. I would think that the demos would be hotter and not neccessaiy more durable.
Not saying Dudley did this but the technology is there and has been around for years. Take the og Ultra II's I swung one playing young guy ball hitting .47 core balls had around 2000 swings on it before it broke. 1st U2 I got when I started playing senior ball broke in 200 swings. Nobody made a senior bat that lasted more than 2-500 swings until the OG Dudleys came out. Then all of a sudden out of the blue Miken and others started making bats that performed and lasted longer.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Fellas, its hard to say what happened , but when you factor in all the hype around this bat and a huge rush to get a thousand or so made - well things tend to be out of spec I would imagine and possibly a 1/3 of the bats or more just might be fragile as can be thus the quick breaking of these sticks.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Not hearing good things on other sites! Hope all goes well for those that bought these...thankful for my OG Combats! Aloha, Fabe

Dogue

Evil Genius
Seeing FB reports/pics of paint flakes after a few swings and bats breaking in less than 50 swings...:eek:

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
The results of other's bat getting broke is not BUENO! I also have one coming directly from Dudley... And I break bats easily.. PHUCK ME..!!!

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Buggs,
You hit it on the head . Dudley does make a bat that matches the liveliness of the new Adidas sr bats - AND MOST ARE BREAKING IN UNDER 75 CUTS..

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Mine will be here next Wednesday. Not sure if I should just swing
it and see or just hold on to it for now.
This is reminding me of the Z2000's from a few years back with the
bad QC batch.

Los

DUDLEYARAMIS

Hopefully this doesnt get me banned I'm just proving a point. Alot of haters out there. Alot of untruths. Check it out hope it sticks. Buy from SBF to support the reason we all get on here. Been a member since 2004.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
So everyone got it out for Dudley? Wonder why? Never seen this happen prior to other good bats...very interesting! Mahalo for sharing. Aloha, Fabe

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO

Hopefully this doesnt get me banned I'm just proving a point. Alot of haters out there. Alot of untruths. Check it out hope it sticks. Buy from SBF to support the reason we all get on here. Been a member since 2004.
Thank you Los... See you in March at Bullhead, AZ....?
Jose

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Good of you to take the time to do this Carlos. I dont think its going to change the minds of the people whos bats didnt make 100 hits. All bats will break and I have no horse in this race, just want to see the best equipment we can get.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Actually Evil BP balls do less damage to bats than the senior Stote ball. I have proven this a number of times over the past 10 years. I cant comment on Shark.
Did all the bats that had early failures come from the same dealer??

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Bobby, How true.. with today's bat technology and the competitive business angle the race is on. Bat companies know full we will purchase their bat either by loyalty or bought into the marketing.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Carlos - good job on the video . I think Buggs said it best - this video does nothing for all the players that had their bats break after 50 or so swings. Im with Adidas and I have a 14" HOT coming - I hit both the Dudley 12" and 14" HOT and found them to be very good bats - these where demos though and not the ones that are currently breaking - normally the demos are the ones that break etc.
Obviously not all of these bats are breaking but some certainly did VERY EARLY and im sure Dudley will help those guys out.
And for the record , I only hit 52/300 softballs with all my senior bats just to prolong the life.

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
I received my 14" barrel last night. I pulled the wrapper off and hit about 20 off the tee. No marks on the bat. I hit it in b.p. this morning. Hit about 40-50 balls and no cracks or stress marks. And I am not a small guy.