How do you guys feel about a pitching mask?

Deuce#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Always

attachment.php

with the oakley sunvisor

Last edited:

thief55

Addicted to Softballfans
If its ASA i believe you dont have to be in contact with the rubber when you pitch. You can be behind it. Im a little to lazy to look it up right now

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
Mask, shin guards, cup - $100.00

In the ER all ****ed up - Your own fault.

I don't pitch in tournaments without them.

Wear the mask, man.

I am pitching my first tourney this weekend and I just went out yesterday and bought this exact list of equipment... worth gameface, lacrosse shin guards, and a bioflex cup... wife thought it was stupid but then I asked her what would happen if I got hit in the face in front of our kids and she agreed with me... good $100 investment.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't cheap out on the mask....it simply isn't worth it.

For me Gameface is the perfect mask as far as fit, visibility and price.

Worth helmet and Combat Faceoff are probably better masks but neither fit well on my head.

Gameface = $35
Worth helmet = $55
Combat Faceoff = $75

IMO those are the top 3, take your pick but get one of them!

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I like pitching masks.............Especially the ones with the really cool paint jobs..........They give me a target to aim for.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I like pitching masks.............Especially the ones with the really cool paint jobs..........They give me a target to aim for.

You've been riding Warpath's coat tails too long. Go break in that new Salvo and quit your feeble troll attempts.

xjarcher

On the mound
I have a large glove, wanna protect the teeth and testicles. I'm thinking about a helmet next season.
Just checked the utrip rulebook, the rubber is at 50', same as ASA. Don't play utrip ever, can you guys stand back off the rubber and throw?

3XtraMedium

Starting Player
I will not pitch at all BP included with out my WORTH pitching helmet.... Accidents happen all of the time and I am confident in my ability to field the ball but people with no bat control and bad hops happen

Fonz5150

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear the Combat facemask it is one of the best. Its lightweight and great visibility... I have heard the Worth one is good to...

oppo

Coach
This is GTG. I may put a target on mine and actually start wearing it. Could be fun. :D

If its ASA i believe you dont have to be in contact with the rubber when you pitch. You can be behind it. Im a little to lazy to look it up right now
ASA = foot on rubber
USSSA = foot in pitchers box so you can pitch from completely behind the rubber

OP, this is the way to go. Very light, very comfy, and better protection than a mask.
414YQ04QCIL._SS400_.jpg

olie20

The Veteran
I just found one on craigslist for $30. It is the helmet/mask that looks like a goalie mask. The only thing I don't like is it is bulky. Now I am looking into getting the "game face" looks more comfortable. No need for the helmet part for me.

get the worth helmet. it has metal bars light weight. i have both the plastic mask and the helmet. i dont trust the plastic mask

chancechatman

Addicted to Softballfans
This is GTG. I may put a target on mine and actually start wearing it. Could be fun. :D

ASA = foot on rubber
USSSA = foot in pitchers box so you can pitch from completely behind the rubber

OP, this is the way to go. Very light, very comfy, and better protection than a mask.
414YQ04QCIL._SS400_.jpg
this is very gtg. i just got one a few weeks ago its light and doesnt really hinder vision that much..
do you pitch in denton?

jbevan42

Addicted to Softballfans
attachment.php

with the oakley sunvisor

That's a sweet looking mask.

I wear a RIP-It mask right now- will be going Worth next year. The rip it - Fits well- good visibility. I can wear my sunglasses underneath it. I haven't taken a direct shot; but I did take a weird hop hot grounder that smacked it dead center. It absorbed the blow no damage to the frame at all- but did turn the mask side ways on my face. I was glad I had it on.

jbevan42

Addicted to Softballfans
is there a thread made- where people who have customized their pitchers mask post pictures?

I did a search-I may have missed some- but just noticed random thread here and there. Not a solid thread dedicated just to people posting pics.

rynowb

John Rambo>Chuck Norris
I will not step onto the rubber without a mask!
I wear a hockey style catchers mask, shinguards and shock doctor sliding shorts with a cup.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Lower level competition = no mask for me. Higher level = mask. Probably smarter if I went mask all the time, but I don't like the way it feels on my head. Especially in hot muggy Fla heat.

Pronk17

Addicted to Softballfans
I want to wear a mask and I realize its in my best interest to wear a mask but I just don't. Hopefully I wont regret it one day

bbomber4

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright heres the ish. Im pitching in an upcoming tournament and the mound is about 10ft in from where it normally is. Im contemplating getting a mask or some type of helmet to protect myself. Do any of you guys use anything?

Worth pitching helmet. Full protection and has better visibility than the worth gameface. Not worth the risk of pitching without one.

JUCE22

There's No I In Team JUCE
I took a line drive to the face last march. :( I actually put my glove up to fast and missed the ball. Since then I bought a gameface and won't pitch without it...everyone calls me the hanibal hhaha...I even bought a mc david hex pad which is under armor with a pad in it to protect your heart...now I won't pitch with out either of them.