How good are the SRV5B

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I thought they were amazing. By far my favorite FP bat I've swung in a while. Great swing weight, soft barrel, my only complaint is the durability wasn't great with any of mine.

CatchersSB#31

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got the SRV4B which is just a balanced version of the 5B pretty much, and I effing love it. The thing smokes, but of course people on my team think it's a girls bat (fine, they won't swing it!) and other teams try to call it out (I had a dumb ump tell me I couldn't use it, but most just look for the ASA stamp). I'd pick one up if I were you, they hang with the best imo.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has 1000 hits and still going strong, it's better then the scn18. That's right I said it! Mine is out hitting it by an easy 15-25ft. And it's not just me almost everyone on my team hits it farther. Sick bat gets silly hot in 200 swings and I have had no durability problems 1000+ hits. I think its a Utrip bat in ASA clothes.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
League had a -9 that was smoking the ball. We gonna have to organize some BP this season Danny.

I just started breaking in another SRV5 today ;)

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
maybe i've never really given the 5b a real shot but i wasn't super impressed with it.....the 4b i had was a complete dud imo....felt like hitting a Hammer w/all the pop and distance of a Cyclone

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
For me the srv5b is the best ASA bat i have ever swung. It easily outhit the og extended that i had (which was not fully broken in yet, but getting close). And of the 2 srv5bs that i have, the 13 in barrel version spiraled in about 75 swings with the 44 cor ball, but since then i have been using the 52 cor and and the spiraling hasnt gotten any worse in about 700 more swings. The 13.5 in barrel that i have isnt near has hot yet, but has 500 swings mostly with 44 cor ball and it has no signs of spiraling or breaking down in any way. So as far as im concerned at this point with the 52 cor balls becoming standard in most areas durability should not be much of an issue with these bats.

DegoGiantsFan48

Addicted to Softballfans
League had a -9 that was smoking the ball. We gonna have to organize some BP this season Danny.

I just started breaking in another SRV5 today ;)

I used it last night and was smoking the ball. I was very very impressed. Hit almost identical to my buddies Stadium 2.

Yea bro, bp sesh would be fun. I've actually been wanting to do one for awhile.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
i had my wife's 5b up for sale/trade for a while, too heavy for her. decided i'd break it in or break it for the return. took a LOT of bp with it. now has some spiral webbing/wrinkles in the outer layer, paint has started to flake, etc.. it's a hole new bat. straight fire. will still probably finish it off before the warranty is up, but crazy hot. perfect swing weight. swings like an EL 26oz, which is perfect for me.

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
My 4b is fire! It was hitting solid shots brand new but now after 700 or so swings it's unreal. I'll rate it somewhere between unbelievable and magical.....

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
care to expound? i thought the 13s were prone to break prematurely, and therefore the 13.5s were a better choice....

The 13 will break sooner with the 44 cor ball, but they are much hotter than the 13.5's out of the wrapper. With the 52 cor ball i havent seen an issue with the durability of the 13 in barrel's.