How many Hr's do you hit in a season?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang....I better reel my power in some.

There is such a thing as too many?

I can't even understand how this is possible......Something about the time/space continueum?

Also.....I've just got to tell you.......He pm'd me before he was banned, saying he was 100% serious. He hit three hundred last summer.:D

I wonder if that included batting practice on a little league field?? If that was the case, I still think he didnt get over 200 bombs.

Diontime

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit about 150 homeruns a season. I play every weekend and 3 times during the weekdays. I'm an A Caliber player and a pitcher.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit about 150 homeruns a season. I play every weekend and 3 times during the weekdays. I'm an A Caliber player and a pitcher.

Who do you play for if your an a caliber player? And being a pitcher doesn't make you able to hit more hrs. Ijs

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

"A Caliber"?? Just because you play in an "A" local league......Does not qualify you as an "A" player you know.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Between 0 and 1.

Fro you may be the most dynamic player of all time. I have tried for years to master the .50 homer run. Still can't do it. I not only admire your beard but now your hitting prowess also my friend

66goody66

40-50....im an A caliber player in a local league, and not even near the "cusp" of being paid to play in "B" pro tourneys in the Northeast

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
leagues around 50. only hit 1 oe HR last year in tournies, which was one too many.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Fro you may be the most dynamic player of all time. I have tried for years to master the .50 homer run. Still can't do it. I not only admire your beard but now your hitting prowess also my friend

We're not counting HROs are we?

Martin 20

Extra Hitter
Just wanted to say that if anyone was full of themselves enuf to swing for a homerun every at bat for an entire year, it would be Warpath rite ? It is conceivable to believe that he did it. Hate me if you want. IJS

joeytown008

Manager
I hit homeruns so few are far between never and impossible that the guys on my team, in what started as a joke, each threw in between $25 into a fund they call "Hell Freezes Over" and when I hit that homerun I have to buy the team beer out of it. Jerk offs!

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
the 1st year i played i hit 1. the 2nd year (last year) i hit 10-15. This year I'm expecting 50-100ish since I got a shaved cyclone in my bag now :rolleyes:

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to say that if anyone was full of themselves enuf to swing for a homerun every at bat for an entire year, it would be Warpath rite ? It is conceivable to believe that he did it. Hate me if you want. IJS

Okay, lets break this down. If Warpath was truly playing 10 games per week (5x per week, doubleheaders as stated)... And he played 30 weeks during the year (Which is most likely an overestimate on my part).. that is 300 games. Okay, lets say he has played in 20 tournaments throughout the year... and say he averaged playing 4 games per tournament... (Which going by the above formula, would be 380 games.. then he is averaging about .75 home runs per game)... Since he mainly plays D and E ball, I have come to an assumption

(A) He is full of crap
(B) He hits a lot of HRs for outs (Or inning-ending in tournaments)
(C) All of the above

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
Guess I'll be the outlier here - my answer to the original question is "zero". In fact, I've never hit one out - yep, an SBF member who has never hit one out...the horror!

Occasionally, after a few line drive singles, I'll catch the OF playing shallow and hit one over them resulting in a HR of the "inside the park" variety, but I've never hit one out - it just isn't my strong suit. I suspect I've got just enough to pop to get one out of our 315' fields under just the right conditions, and if all I ever tried to do is hit one out, it would eventually happen - but it just isn't smart for me to try that because it's not what I'm good at.

As to the other part of the original post, the 300 # has no meaning without context - the more important number would be HRs/ABs (as others here have already pointed out).

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Okay, lets break this down. If Warpath was truly playing 10 games per week (5x per week, doubleheaders as stated)... And he played 30 weeks during the year (Which is most likely an overestimate on my part).. that is 300 games. Okay, lets say he has played in 20 tournaments throughout the year... and say he averaged playing 4 games per tournament... (Which going by the above formula, would be 380 games.. then he is averaging about .75 home runs per game)... Since he mainly plays D and E ball, I have come to an assumption

(A) He is full of crap
(C) All of the above
Not saying he did or didn't but if I played 300 league games I could easily hit 600 hrs. (not being sarcastic either). It's league people. And in my league it's 7 and 1 up. I've hit 5 in a game in league many times. It's not hard to hit a hr. Especially if you have big hr limits. Remember it's just league.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

(A) He is full of crap
(C) All of the above

All of this and he just happened to fall directly on the number "300"?? Not 296.............Not 304.......But, right on 300?? Doubtful.

I'm being completely honest when I say, "I hit (?) of homeruns last year", because I simply don't know.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Not saying he did or didn't but if I played 300 league games I could easily hit 600 hrs. (not being sarcastic either). It's league people. And in my league it's 7 and 1 up. I've hit 5 in a game in league many times. It's not hard to hit a hr. Especially if you have big hr limits. Remember it's just league.

Oh agreed... Hell, if I went up to the plate swinging for the fence every time, in 380 games, I would think Id have a decent shot at hitting 300 hrs in that many ABs.. And the more I think about it, I could see Warpath swinging for the fence every time.... no matter the situation..

Hell, maybe he has hit that many HRs...