How many HRs will Chris Davis end up with?

3XC

Big Truss
Davis' big improvement coincided with playing time. Imagine that. A guy becomes more consistent when he's getting 25-30 plate appearances a week, instead of 8-10.

ntz

tricknollegy
don't be so naive 3xc, i know what's really going on. i have the inside info.

trip

stfu
like when bautista was going nuts the last two years, nobody (that I heard) was crying and saying he must be on steroids.. just has one of those swings that stays in the strike zone and he's been connecting

like raul ibanez this year, all or nothing but he's getting more alls than nothings at this point.

trip

stfu
I would not put that ballpark even in the top 10 shortest.

315 down the rf line is short, but then there's like a 20 foot wall.

Marshenko

Why guess?

FenwayPark.gif
CamdenYards.gif

RogersCentre.gif
TropicanaField.gif

YankeeStadium_II.gif

trip

stfu
now someone who isn't on their phone figure out the square footage beyond the infield of each of those parks

3XC

Big Truss
Yankee stadiums RF power alley is a complete joke, Fenway is configured like baboon ass because its 100 years old and was shoehorned into a plot of land that is too small for a baseball stadium. Yankee stadium has no such excuse. Nothing but a cloying attempt to pander by building a faux-classic stadium with the same dimensions as the old one but new airflows and such as the Iraq that let fly ball outs become wall scrapers.

Marshenko

Yankee Stadium isn't even the same dimensions though, they actually tinkered with the RF wall. Its subtle from looking at in the diagrams but it happened. Also the airflow.

YankeeStadium_II.gif
YankeeStadium1988.gif

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I would not put that ballpark even in the top 10 shortest.

315 down the rf line is short, but then there's like a 20 foot wall.

It's the power alleys that makes it a hitter's haven. I've seen a game there and the power alleys may even be shorter than they are listed at. It's a nice ballpark though and has a ton of stuff to do around the stadium.

trip

stfu
lol its not height and weight of pro wrestlers, if their power alleys were falsely represented I'd think there would be some folks take serious issue to that

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
lol its not height and weight of pro wrestlers, if their power alleys were falsely represented I'd think there would be some folks take serious issue to that

You're correct. I think it's a Federal crime.

trip

stfu
I mean it's the same thing as making a football field 2.8 yards per hash instead of three.

3XC

Big Truss
Yankee Stadium isn't even the same dimensions though, they actually tinkered with the RF wall. Its subtle from looking at in the diagrams but it happened. Also the airflow.

The new one is even cheaper, look at that power alley. That's criminal.

When Raul Ibanez knocked Baltimore out of the ALDS with a 330 foot can of corn I was done. That's a home run in 1 out of 30 MLB stadiums, even in the dozen gimmicky Camden Yards ripoffs with preposterous dimensions.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The new one is even cheaper, look at that power alley. That's criminal.

When Raul Ibanez knocked Baltimore out of the ALDS with a 330 foot can of corn I was done. That's a home run in 1 out of 30 MLB stadiums, even in the dozen gimmicky Camden Yards ripoffs with preposterous dimensions.
The old one only seemed to be bad done the line. The power alley is a joke in the new one.
Bonds could've hit 100 in the new Yankee Stadium.
You might not be that far off.:eek::eek:

ntz

tricknollegy
do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
49 HR but he is on roids. He just comes out of nowhere to hit 30HR before June. Just like Melky came out of nowhere last year to crush the ball then he got busted for roids. Davis will too sooner or later

Old bump but Davis always had big time pop...... just couldnt hit the ball.

Illegal pitcher

The Veteran
steroids don't help you hit the ball any more squarely

They certainly can, because a stronger person can swing the bat faster, and swinging the bat faster allows you to start your swing later. Swinging later makes it easier to make contact, easier to make good contact, and easier to lay off of bad pitches.