How many HRs will Chris Davis end up with?

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Davis is the eighth player in major-league history to have 30 homers before the end of June, joining Babe Ruth (1928, 1930), Ken Griffey Jr. (1994, 1998), Mark McGwire (1998), Sammy Sosa (1998-1999), Luis Gonzalez (2001), Barry Bonds (2001) and Albert Pujols (2009). That's pretty elite company.

Babe Ruth ended up with 54 in 1928 and 47 in 1930. Griffey had 40 in an injury shortened 1994 and 56 in 1998. McGwire had 70 in 1998. Sosa had 66 in 1998 and 63 in 1999. Gonzalez finished with 57 in 2001. Pujols ended up with 47 in 2009.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
My next question is what is he on?

MLB testing has come a long way. He could very well be on something, but he's 27 and just starting to get to the age that males typically peak in strength at. He also plays in a bandbox and has a good supporting lineup around him.

A top trainer Mark Rippetoe has been quoted as saying, "Any male can bench 300, squat 400, and dead lift 500 naturally if given 5 years proper training." Several other top trainers have agreed with him. Just some food for thought on what's possible without assistance.

skew12

MLB testing has come a long way. He could very well be on something, but he's 27 and just starting to get to the age that males typically peak in strength at. He also plays in a bandbox and has a good supporting lineup around him.

A top trainer Mark Rippetoe has been quoted as saying, "Any male can bench 300, squat 400, and dead lift 500 naturally if given 5 years proper training." Several other top trainers have agreed with him. Just some food for thought on what's possible with assistance.

That's a good point. I hope he's not juicing though.

I think he'll end up in the low 40's. the second half of the season is the hardest. Plus the O's will start playing more pressure filled games as that AL East race tightens up.

Marshenko

I'll go 44. If you look at his career numbers, July and August are terrible, terrible months for him historically.... like .710 OPS terrible.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Got 31 on his first swing tonight. He will probably cool off, but right now he's on another level.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
His swing has changed quite a bit since he left the Rangers. Obviously.
Looks smooth now.

3XC

Big Truss
ESPN astonished to report that the expansion Orioles in their first year of existence just swept the Yankees. New York is still predicted to win 109 games this season, and face Boston in the World Series. Somehow.

AmazingBats

D Nation
49 HR but he is on roids. He just comes out of nowhere to hit 30HR before June. Just like Melky came out of nowhere last year to crush the ball then he got busted for roids. Davis will too sooner or later

SUITSS06

Addicted to Softballfans
49 HR but he is on roids. He just comes out of nowhere to hit 30HR before June. Just like Melky came out of nowhere last year to crush the ball then he got busted for roids. Davis will too sooner or later

guilty until proven innocent i see

ntz

tricknollegy

except melky hit all of 11 home runs, yeah he was crushing it.

3XC

Big Truss
Every player that ever lived up to their potential is on steroids. Ever.

Ted Williams injected shark insulin into his bladder.

trip

stfu
steroids don't help you hit the ball any more squarely you retard

he's got a 270 lifetime average, i doubt he was flying out to the warning track too much before the last two years