How often should I hit the Cages?

scourge

blah blah blah
serious, not serious, who gives a ****. bp is fun. hitting the ball is fun. if i could hit every day i would. too bad i live in the frozen ****ing tundra.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
serious, not serious, who gives a ****. bp is fun. hitting the ball is fun. if i could hit every day i would. too bad i live in the frozen ****ing tundra.

This is no lie. I know cold. I live in Missouri. But when I go to Decatur for work that **** is a new kind of cold. And always windy as a son of a *****.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
It's better than nothing, but not as good as hitting against live pitching.

Really? :rolleyes:

Sorry but it's been in the single digits lately and I don't give a **** who you are that's cold. May not be as cold as some places but that's cold in any book.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I would suggest using the batting cage before every game if you are lucky enough to have a field that provides one:D

Long Bombers 7

LB7 a One Man Wolf Pack

i know...i cant get enough bp...as soon as it hits around 55 degrees here ill be outside...until then ..im stuck in a cage, like a wild animal..

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing takes the place of hitting outside so if it all possible hit outside bc hitting in cages that are not high enough for regular softball pitches (depending upon which association you play in) can really throw off tining

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
So any good tips on how to convince your wife that going to the batting cages is a good thing?
There was an issue of Men's Health that said that every session at the cages (I'm guessing 3 rounds at least) burns around 300 calories. Tell her you're getting a workout in and it's cheaper than a gym membership.

derickatm

Addicted to Softballfans
non cage ball cages with a live pitcher are the best. we started going a few weeks ago, and will go weekly until mid april when leagues start. (damn winter)

Huber

One of the most truthful statements I have read on the site :D