How to stop shaving bats.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Hah, I agree with all of this. The bats make anyone a good hitter anymore. I played a tourny yesterday and brought 4 Eastons. I had to be the only guy in the tourny with Eastons. I used to see them around, but not anymore. Everyone has gone to Miken or Worth. An occasional Demarini. I still prefer Eastons. I feel like Mikens and Worths have cheapened the game.

Its 300 freaking feet. If I can't go yard with the Eastons I don't deserve a HR anyway.
that is the gods honest truth...
Yesterday I swung the old school and durable as hell 3500+ hit L5 and went 4 for 4.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
what do you guys think about Utrip and ASA moving the bases and HR fenses FURTHER OUT??
Move the bases 60 ft to 90 feet
Move the HR fence to
335 RF
365 LCF
400 Dead C
365 RCF
355 LF

Increased reaction time in the infield??
Less HR's (I am SICK of seeing 305 ft HR's from a chip shot, that is a flyout, for real!)

curious how you're going to get parks to pay to move their fences

Country469

yeah the cost of that, (if the space is even available) is insane high compared to just switching to safer balls

Erburn

Why can't we just go back to the good old days? I remember as a kid the guys in my dad's league would put the bats/balls in the freezer or microwave like normal people!!!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The space, the cost, and the pitcher can't be moved back. It's pretty damned hard to consistently throw strikes from 56'. No way I'm going to be able to well from 80' or whatever you propose would be equal to ninety foot bases.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hah, I agree with all of this. The bats make anyone a good hitter anymore. I played a tourny yesterday and brought 4 Eastons. I had to be the only guy in the tourny with Eastons. I used to see them around, but not anymore. Everyone has gone to Miken or Worth. An occasional Demarini. I still prefer Eastons. I feel like Mikens and Worths have cheapened the game.

Its 300 freaking feet. If I can't go yard with the Eastons I don't deserve a HR anyway.
I saw so many fail at gsl state yesterday that that trend may be about to change. I see a ton of freak 30s on Saturday, then you have to get tested and stickered Sunday and don't remember seeing a one. I know all of ours failed.

I'm wondering if some people only hit their bat in the same side every time so they can hope they don't test that side and it passes. We used to rotate bats to make them last, I wouldn't be surprised if people don't to try and keep them passing for longer.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I saw so many fail at gsl state yesterday that that trend may be about to change. I see a ton of freak 30s on Saturday, then you have to get tested and stickered Sunday and don't remember seeing a one. I know all of ours failed.

I'm wondering if some people only hit their bat in the same side every time so they can hope they don't test that side and it passes. We used to rotate bats to make them last, I wouldn't be surprised if people don't to try and keep them passing for longer.

220 is way too low a pass/fail threshold. IMO USSSA should up that number to at least 275.
Hell, like you said, all the new bats coming out these days stay above 220 for 100 swings or less. Its comical how quickly they fail now. Anyone with a shred of common sense can see that something needs to be changed with the bats. I think .52 balls with stiff bats is a pretty decent game. Classic Ms with lightning sticks is stupid.

Joker

is that really true about ALL 2 pc bats having a game side and a practice side??
My 15CL22 appears to have a hot and cold side
Vyf0W58.png

4xtra

Player/Coach
I keep forgeting that you have to be careful
what you ask around here UNLESS you are part of the "softball fan boy" clique.

Country469

@milesej05 keeps liking things but he also was the one that lied about his warranty cuz he got caught trying to defraud a company and then deleted his thrad like a big bundle of styx

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he liked wills post because he thought he was talking about joker but he wasn't.

milesej05

The Rookie

I tried to cheat the system and bought a non-legit receipt and got pissed when Demarini denied my warranty...then deleted the thread when a few SBF members hounded me for it.

Learned my lesson...moved on from it. It's all good now.

milesej05

The Rookie
Who are you referring to 4xtra??

I was explaining MY situation from the post that Jorge made. This had nothing to do with you...as far as I know. lol

4xtra

Player/Coach
omg
I thought you were talking to me....

ILL REMOVE THAT ASAP

I didnt look to see who wrote that....
There are 2 guys on here who keep talking smack and I thought that was them