For Sale HP TouchPad 32GB - Sealed in Box

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
Update: Sold

original post said:
so i don't expect to sell it here, as i'm looking to get ebay/craigslist price for it instead of giving someone a deal. But if anyone is interested and hasn't been able to find one of these touchpads yet and is interested in paying the "omg gotta have it now" price of $270 i'd let it go. Otherwise i'll flip it to someone i don't know.

If you wanted me to, i will even open it for you, and hack it all to heck installing a bunch of homebrew patches to increase speed, overclock the processor from the stock 1.2ghz to 1.7ghz, 1.9ghz or if it's out yet, 2.2ghz.

Last edited:
This is the touchpad that was selling for $149, right? If so, go take your ass to ebay..

and you can get Ipads for $320-$400 all day on ebay...why would anyone overpay for a piece of gear that has no support..

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the touchpad that was selling for $149, right? If so, go take your ass to ebay..

and you can get Ipads for $320-$400 all day on ebay...why would anyone overpay for a piece of gear that has no support..

Yes, it is the one that sold out basically worldwide in a matter of hours of going on sale because the price is so damn cheap.

And the only thing that doesn't have support is the hardware, the OS ecosystem is alive and well, but that's not an argument for here.

IPad is great, we have one. I prefer my TouchPad. I'm sure there are others as well that would. I clearly stated i didn't expect to sell it here, and if you go check Ebay completed auctions you will see this very easily selling for the $260-$275 price.

BB15

Ape Raids
These things didn't sell at the original $300+ price point, got discontinued and cleared out by HP. Now people wanna pay almost what they originally retailed for from someone who payed a third of the price? People really are retarded...

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
These things didn't sell at the original $300+ price point, got discontinued and cleared out by HP. Now people wanna pay almost what they originally retailed for from someone who payed a third of the price? People really are retarded...

This "was" the $599 model.

Last edited:

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
People really buy this over an ipad?

It's a personal preference thing and yes. It's a wide open platform. Considering I can do everything I mentioned in the first post, and other developers are close to dual booting Android onto it, it's a great gadget for the gadget lover.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
They sold out because they were $99, not because they were that good. For that price I can get an first ed Ipad or a transformer.

MMAKOL

I remember the Days......
They sold out because they were $99, not because they were that good. For that price I can get an first ed Ipad or a transformer.

I forsee alot of people having these sitting around NIW because they dont understand that principle and are applying the supply and demand scenario to a BLOWOUT item.....:D

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
I forsee alot of people having these sitting around NIW because they dont understand that principle and are applying the supply and demand scenario to a BLOWOUT item.....:D

Problem is, they aren't sitting around they are moving very fast.

Here's my take on the whole situation.

The current prices of $499/$599 are too high. the only Brand capable of getting that price point is Apple, but not because the device is really worth that much in terms of what it can do, but because you're also paying for the Apple "image" and it's actually probably a good price point.

All these Android competitors are coming in at the same price so they don't look "Cheap" compared to the IPad or for customers to ask, why is this one cheaper, what does it not have that the ipad has? When in reality they are the same if not better hardware devices.

When HP decided to stop making Computers and Mobile Devices, they set the price way to low. I think they still would have sold out at a 199/249 price because that is what people are actually willing to pay for a device like this.

The second hand market we are now seeing for the Used Ipads and these new Touchpads at the 200/300 price is probably what the next great competitor needs to come in at. Laptops are too cheap for someone to try and compete with the iPad at 499/599.

Of course the big issue for the makers of these devices is that the cost to build price is still around $310, and they aren't making up the price on royalities like they do on Gaming Consoles which generally always sell at or below build costs.

Hihbidty

Conservatarded

People really buy this over an ipad?

Check ebay completed items

This piece of junk that will be running Android soon as well as WebOS is selling like hotcakes.

The hardware in this tablet is actually built quite well. Dual core snapdragon processor that can be overclocked to 1.7ghz.

Will be a decent tablet once the ice cream sandwich version of Android rom can be cooked up.

It already runs chrooted ubuntu and programs like firefox, open office, tommy notes, etc.

Last edited:

MMAKOL

I remember the Days......
Problem is, they aren't sitting around they are moving very fast.

Here's my take on the whole situation.

The current prices of $499/$599 are too high. the only Brand capable of getting that price point is Apple, but not because the device is really worth that much in terms of what it can do, but because you're also paying for the Apple "image" and it's actually probably a good price point.

All these Android competitors are coming in at the same price so they don't look "Cheap" compared to the IPad or for customers to ask, why is this one cheaper, what does it not have that the ipad has? When in reality they are the same if not better hardware devices.

When HP decided to stop making Computers and Mobile Devices, they set the price way to low. I think they still would have sold out at a 199/249 price because that is what people are actually willing to pay for a device like this.

The second hand market we are now seeing for the Used Ipads and these new Touchpads at the 200/300 price is probably what the next great competitor needs to come in at. Laptops are too cheap for someone to try and compete with the iPad at 499/599.

Of course the big issue for the makers of these devices is that the cost to build price is still around $310, and they aren't making up the price on royalities like they do on Gaming Consoles which generally always sell at or below build costs.

This piece of junk that will be running Android soon as well as WebOS is selling like hotcakes.

The hardware in this tablet is actually built quite well. Dual core snapdragon processor that can be overclocked to 1.7ghz.

Will be a decent tablet once the ice cream sandwich version of Android rom can be cooked up.

I do not believe it is a piece of junk at all. I do know that there are many of them out there still on pallets waiting for deals to be made with HP. (Certain suppliers have yet to send them back)

The price they blew them out at was ridiculous, and I do agree they are worth more(around 250 for the 32gb model.) That being said, With more units sitting and waiting to be sold for those blowout prices, I will wait. PLUS, the other tablet makers now see where they need to be inorder to make these things move.

My son wanted one for his bday(Yesterday, he turned 12) For $150 I have no problem buying him one, but for 300, HELL NO......

Don't get me wrong, I am looking and am willing to pay a little more for them, but not at this weeks pricing.

Hihbidty

Conservatarded
I do not believe it is a piece of junk at all. I do know that there are many of them out there still on pallets waiting for deals to be made with HP. (Certain suppliers have yet to send them back)

The price they blew them out at was ridiculous, and I do agree they are worth more(around 250 for the 32gb model.) That being said, With more units sitting and waiting to be sold for those blowout prices, I will wait. PLUS, the other tablet makers now see where they need to be inorder to make these things move.

My son wanted one for his bday(Yesterday, he turned 12) For $150 I have no problem buying him one, but for 300, HELL NO......

Don't get me wrong, I am looking and am willing to pay a little more for them, but not at this weeks pricing.

I like WebOS pretty smooth. Needs more apps though..

Android has 250,000+ apps

Ipad has 100,000+ apps

WebOS 8,000+ apps

BB15

Ape Raids

It already runs chrooted ubuntu and programs like firefox, open office, tommy notes, etc.

Not sure who called it a piece of junk. Just said it was stupid to pay an 85% markup on a device that was just closed out a week ago by the manufacturer.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

I didnt say it was bad. I said it wasnt worth what he was asking. for ~$200 it's a great product. I think at close to $300, there are much better options. Thanks for putting words in our mouth though. :rolleyes:

sungus77

Addicted to Softballfans
just curious... what would be a fair price for these, both 16 GB and 32 GB, on this board? i might be looking to sell some, but would rather avoid the flaming and GTFOs.

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
The more and more I look around at other forums and what not, the $275 price is pretty common for completed sales of the 32gb, so I figure at least 250 is common. In watching my local price and what's been offered, the price around me is actually dropping today as it looks like all the people who ordered multiples are getting their shipments (must have not paid for overnight) and posting their extras.

It all depends on where the buy is at. I had someone offer 300 to ship it to Montana. Apparently there are no electronic retailers around there.

jlaw

Addicted to Softballfans
Considering that they will probably be available from HP and maybe a few other retailers on a limited basis again next week for $99/$149, not much. You aren't going to get a warm reception if you're trying to gouge board bros who know exactly what you paid for the thing. A small markup of $25-30 would probably be ok to acknowledge your time spent and the current limited supply - if you want more than that, I'd suggest taking it to the bay.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I always like when the guys get called out on price and automatically go with the deal pending locally update.

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House
Lets not forget seller fees. They may be selling for 260, but after ebay and paypal get paid, you're looking a nice chunk less.

Ps. Get out of here

sungus77

Addicted to Softballfans
just for the record, i dont have any of these, but supposedly HP is sending me some. they are under a deluge of orders, and cant keep up. called yesterday and they cant give me any idea about anything. shipping, tracking, amount charged, order status, units bought... nothing. so if i actually get my order i guess ill post something then.

Hihbidty

Conservatarded
Considering that they will probably be available from HP and maybe a few other retailers on a limited basis again next week for $99/$149, not much. You aren't going to get a warm reception if you're trying to gouge board bros who know exactly what you paid for the thing. A small markup of $25-30 would probably be ok to acknowledge your time spent and the current limited supply - if you want more than that, I'd suggest taking it to the bay.

lol gtfo