Hycons VS Hot Dots

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I direct a coed Rec league here and am getting ready to order balls. I have hit lots more hot dots than Hycons, but I don't remember how they compared. Unfortunately through the city council and pall park commity I am only able to purchase though a local supplier we have a contract with. The Dudley's are substantially more expensive than the worth's and obviously I'm on a budget. My question is are the Dudley's worth the extra $15 a dozen? How close are the HD and Hycons in performance. I actually like hitting the hot dots. LMK guys.

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
Hycons (composite cover are the best) are far superior to any cover Hot Dot. Most leagues around here started out with Hot Dots, but it didn't take long for them to transition to the Hycons. This is not just my opinion, but most guys I've talked to locally have stated the same.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
The Dudley's are better and also the tattoo classic plus are better . No classic plus ball is fun to hit though imo.

The good thing about hot dots is they are cheap and readily available at many stores now. They may not be the most fun ball to hit but they are a good tuff ball. I'd go with the hot dots if I was in your position .

Bayne

Addicted to Softballfans
Hycons (composite cover are the best) are far superior to any cover Hot Dot. Most leagues around here started out with Hot Dots, but it didn't take long for them to transition to the Hycons. This is not just my opinion, but most guys I've talked to locally have stated the same.

I agree 100%

single wally

Professional Amateur
I direct a coed Rec league here and am getting ready to order balls. I have hit lots more hot dots than Hycons, but I don't remember how they compared. Unfortunately through the city council and pall park commity I am only able to purchase though a local supplier we have a contract with. The Dudley's are substantially more expensive than the worth's and obviously I'm on a budget. My question is are the Dudley's worth the extra $15 a dozen? How close are the HD and Hycons in performance. I actually like hitting the hot dots. LMK guys.

Just curious why you like hitting hot dots? They are like rolled up socks.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious why you like hitting hot dots? They are like rolled up socks.

I respectfully disagree.... They sound like crap, and feel like crap, but if you spin them they FLY!!!!... I think they are a step above a .44/375 gold dot!

Beast28

Addicted to Softballfans
I respectfully disagree.... They sound like crap, and feel like crap, but if you spin them they FLY!!!!... I think they are a step above a .44/375 gold dot!

Then you will LOVE a Dudley if you think the worth is good.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Top ball makers are going to be noticeably better like Dudley, Apex, Tattoo, and Evil but I do think the Hot Dots are the least of Worth's evils. They really aren't that bad. Having said that $15 is a big difference, wondering if you're getting the best deal you can on the hycons. How many are you buying? Kevin (tattooball) can probably help you out if you need ASA stamped, I know William at Apex can help if NSA stamped 52's are ok, could try calling the store I never got a response on bulk discount when I pm'ed months ago (I know they do good on bats though).

DegoGiantsFan48

Addicted to Softballfans
Hot dots are horrible. The Hycons are way better. But after all, if you just want a safe ball that social players won't notice . Get the dots

getsideways

Addicted to Softballfans
Hycons will last (stay relatively hard) twice as long as the hotdots. Ive heard a hot dot go from decent brand new ball to sock in 1 swing.
If you factor in the longevity of the hycons they are the better option.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
So I ended up talking to the distributer we go through an was able to order the composite covered Hycons for $7 more a dozen than the worths.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I ended up talking to the distributer we go through an was able to order the composite covered Hycons for $7 more a dozen than the worths.

$7 more a dozen I'd consider it, but for $15 there is no way. Some of these guys must be hitting the cheaper Hot Dots. The better covered Hot Dots are much better. There is a significant difference just between those two. Anyone that thinks Hot Dots suck just cant' hit. They fly fine.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
$7 more a dozen I'd consider it, but for $15 there is no way. Some of these guys must be hitting the cheaper Hot Dots. The better covered Hot Dots are much better. There is a significant difference just between those two. Anyone that thinks Hot Dots suck just cant' hit. They fly fine.

I endorse this message.

getsideways

Addicted to Softballfans
The hot dots in our league fly great for the first dozen or so swings, sometimes more sometimes less depending on who and how well they were smashed. After that they are mush, hasent been the case with the 2 dozen hycons we have.
Where did you order the dudleys from and what was your total after shipping?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Were they the Pro Leather Hot Dots? Hit those for UTrip state two years ago and they flew all day through 95+ degrees with humidity that'd make a gator sweat.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The hot dots in our league fly great for the first dozen or so swings, sometimes more sometimes less depending on who and how well they were smashed. After that they are mush, hasent been the case with the 2 dozen hycons we have.
Where did you order the dudleys from and what was your total after shipping?

Call the store for member pricing.