I’ve been off this board since 2014

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Some how I still knew my log in info. My boys are in college so i’m playing usssa league ball again & some over 50s tournaments next yr. Let’s hear about the bats. I don’t even recognize some of these names.
If you're playing over 50 tournaments I think Suncoast makes the best senior bats. For regular utrip I kinda like the Juno MR-1. The Pure bats seems decent. This was my first year playing utrip in a while plus they instituted a new standard for 2023 so I have yet to find a bat that I really like.

Last edited:

basilray

Anarchy all the bats!

For real though, we're at a point where everyone makes a good bat, and it's about finding what you like:
-One piece vs two piece
-Barrel length
-Weighting
-Handle flex

Asking someone what the "best bat for me is" has "What's the best beer to drink" vibes at this stage.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Anarchy all the bats!

For real though, we're at a point where everyone makes a good bat, and it's about finding what you like:
-One piece vs two piece
-Barrel length
-Weighting
-Handle flex

Asking someone what the "best bat for me is" has "What's the best beer to drink" vibes at this stage.

Anarchies are great if you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want good performance. Very good USSSA 240 and ASA bats.

I'm surprised more people don't swing Anarchy.

basilray

Anarchies are great if you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want good performance. Very good USSSA 240 and ASA bats.

I'm surprised more people don't swing Anarchy.

Anarchy is getting pretty big here in the Twin Cities. Of course, the fact Lyf lives about 5 minutes from me in the south Minneapolis suburbs probably helps. 🤣

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be playing o50 next yr. So I have a black Juno & an old Dudley lighting I got from a league buddy. I did buy a red 1 piece suncoast. I like them all.

The question was more about where did some of these companies come from Onyx Pure Nuffsaid Monsta hangman. I remember worth, miken, mizuno Easton lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be playing o50 next yr. So I have a black Juno & an old Dudley lighting I got from a league buddy. I did buy a red 1 piece suncoast. I like them all.

The question was more about where did some of these companies come from Onyx Pure Nuffsaid Monsta hangman. I remember worth, miken, mizuno Easton lol
You should've been here when monsta started. Dude came on here asking for feedback, building the bats in his garage which he still might be for all I know, started bashing the sbf store because they wouldn't buy his bats for 300 and sell them for 300, and then said something to utrip so they wouldn't approve his bats for a long time. I wonder how much he had to pony up to get those approved finally. Good times

DirtBag215

You should've been here when monsta started. Dude came on here asking for feedback, building the bats in his garage which he still might be for all I know, started bashing the sbf store because they wouldn't buy his bats for 300 and sell them for 300, and then said something to utrip so they wouldn't approve his bats for a long time. I wonder how much he had to pony up to get those approved finally. Good times
I was on here under a different account then. I still won’t buy a monsta to this day because of how he was when he came on here

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Not creepy at all. Lol

Well when you put it that way.... He was really good back in the day (look at his sig), which is when I moved to this area. We have a few mutual friends. Eastern PA/NJ softball isn't that big of a scene.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
Well thanks for kind words.
I’ll be back in Palmer playing league ball next summer & playing over 50 with Deluxe Bakery so introduce yourself ilyk2win

Last edited:

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Condo. What’s up dude. Glad to see your back. Following your kids wrestling on your Facebook page. Maybe I’ll make it over to Palmer a few times this year for league ball. Gonna make one last run this year with evans trucking (Donnie Johnson, Jake Winsor) for ASA in PA. I think our utrip team in NJ is folding after getting bumped to B so my only option is playing with all the old drinking buddies this year for one last run. Tbh, we could use your stick.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Condo. What’s up dude. Glad to see your back. Following your kids wrestling on your Facebook page. Maybe I’ll make it over to Palmer a few times this year for league ball. Gonna make one last run this year with evans trucking (Donnie Johnson, Jake Winsor) for ASA in PA. I think our utrip team in NJ is folding after getting bumped to B so my only option is playing with all the old drinking buddies this year for one last run. Tbh, we could use your stick.
Assuming that bump holds up.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
James sent Pilla a email. They already took the bump away. That has to be the quickest reclass in utrip history.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
James sent Pilla a email. They already took the bump away. That has to be the quickest reclass in utrip history.
Was it an auto bump or NCC? Also, what is NCC? I saw an E team I'm likely playing with next season got an NCC bump to D but I have no idea what that means.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

They were bumped simply due to the "Deluxe" name/brand. Pilla is still a chump! Getting A and AA guys still in their prime reclassed to B so they can play C, but refuses to let my old ass with 2 f'd up knees get down.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well when you put it that way.... He was really good back in the day (look at his sig), which is when I moved to this area. We have a few mutual friends. Eastern PA/NJ softball isn't that big of a scene.
It's not anywhere. My wife still cracks up at all the people that cheat with a teammates wife, etc. Softball is a wild scene for real

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
HMU I am sure as I start playing again in Palmer I am gonna what to start playing more. I like swinging senior bats, that regular kid bat stuff, not sure I can still those 😂