I am now a believer

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Its means it was shaved. Im laying in the hospital and I don't have surgery until tomorrow at 11. Im hopped up on morphine and am wanting to order a mask and a new by lol. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

puppychow1

Addicted to Softballfans
Speedy recovery and pray that all pitchers were a mask. It is a must on my daughters team. No mask, no pitch.

ISLANDGROWN

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry to hear bro,another believer after the fact. I wear a mask and don't give a crap about what other people think,it's my face and I like it the way it is.Hope others realize you are taking a big chance every time you get on the bump without protection.

IKnowNothing

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in a coed charity tournament today and the glare of the sun was directly in the pitchers face. They could barely see the toss back from the catcher! I just prayed nobody got one hit back at them.

wish for wendy in alpharetta georgia? I was pitching today (not of my own volition - our pitcher got hurt two days ago) and the first few games were brutal.

you should sue the batter if the bat was really shaved.

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Damn..I guess you could always say it could've been worse. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Have fun with the diet straw.

dgambill85

Banned User
It's part of the game. First rule of pitching is protect yourself. If you pitch without a mask you are taking a major risk. An unnecessary risk.

sayisuggadaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
I was hit in the cheak last dec, five plates to reconstruct my cheak and orbital socket and two other surgeries to fix my lower eye lid. Should of had the bat checked cuz doc bills are not cheap believe me. Hope for a speedy recovery and every things works out.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Will anyone ever learn? Glad that at least a few are.

Dig deep and be honest- What is the real reason that you will not wear a helmet? You care more about what people may think than what an injury to your face will do to your looks, your eyesight, your ability to earn a living, your pain that you are now in, your familys future, ...

I'll be nice and not call you a moron.

Think about it- If only you had a mask on, you could be sucking in a malt right now.

Lwa42

Way to kick a guy when he is down. Real sweet of you.

Dig deep and be honest- What is the real reason that you will not wear a helmet? You care more about what people may think than what an injury to your face will do to your looks, your eyesight, your ability to earn a living, your pain that you are now in, your familys future, ...

Think about it- If only you had a mask on, you could be sucking in a malt right now.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope for a speedy recovery for you. I am surprised that it is not a requirement for the pitcher to wear a mask @ the very least these days. I play on military installations & sometimes association rules are modified in the interest of safety for our play. I would not be surprised if next season, they will require it across the board. They are not that terribly expensive & I could see the sports director buying a few for his league. It would be a great piece of mind even if shaved stix don't seem to be the norm around here.

joeyh1991

Coach

true story. with the way guys hit now days pitches should b smart enough to use a mask. why take the chance. hell i see pitchers wear cups shin gaurds and mask all at one, and to me thats very smart.

alteredzx

Bazinga
true story. with the way guys hit now days pitches should b smart enough to use a mask. why take the chance. hell i see pitchers wear cups shin gaurds and mask all at one, and to me thats very smart.

Every single one of these sit in my bag right now. I wont pitch without them.

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
damn, wish you a quick recovery! Another reason why I play OF and only pitch on league nights with middle closed rules...still doesn't protect me like a mask, but deters those with bat control from going there.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the thoughts. Im kinda loopy from all the morphine but im getting my dental cage put in at 11. Hopefully I have nurse like the dentist in horrible bosses

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, Jen Aniston as a dentist is not a bad thig in my opinion. Good luck w/ that. Hope that for you too.

alteredzx

Bazinga
Thanks for all the thoughts. Im kinda loopy from all the morphine but im getting my dental cage put in at 11. Hopefully I have nurse like the dentist in horrible bosses

If you do let me know. I may knock out a few of my teeth and have her work on me. No need for the gas thou, I wanna see it all go down. LOL!

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Definitely could have been worse!

Thanks for confirming my decision to purchase a mask last week. It just takes one ball...

Schiffy

I broke my jaw when i was 10... broke both sides and had it wired shut for 6 weeks, i feel your pain man... good luck. hope you're on the chunky side, cause you'll definately be thin as a rail once the pull the wires and braces off.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
the local bat doctor got drilled in the face while pitching earlier this season. I gotta say, I smiled when i heard that.

just moonshots!

2 out nightmare
I'm definitely going to the worth helmet. Currently have the face first mask. Had two of the hottest shots go by on both sides of me yesterday. It was cold and the balls were flying. Don't think the plastic would have done anything but cut me. Get well...

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm definitely going to the worth helmet. Currently have the face first mask. Had two of the hottest shots go by on both sides of me yesterday. It was cold and the balls were flying. Don't think the plastic would have done anything but cut me. Get well...

The Worth helmet is where the true saftey is at bro, I love mine and will not pitch with out it EVER.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
As soon as i Can I'll post some x-rays and hopefully a person pitching,without a mask or helmet, will change their mind after they see them. I ended up having 3 plates screwed in my jaw and wired shut. I wish I was more chunkier. I'm 155lbs, I'm gonna look like a crackhead when this gets aken off lol. I got blood all ove my Vinci RV60 so maybe this is a chance for me to be able to get a new one.

As soon as i Can I'll post some x-rays and hopefully a person pitching,without a mask or helmet, will change their mind after they see them. I ended up having 3 plates screwed in my jaw and wired shut. I wish I was more chunkier. I'm 155lbs, I'm gonna look like a crackhead when this gets aken off lol. I got blood all ove my Vinci RV60 so maybe this is a chance for me to be able to get a new one.

155lbs and you're swinging 30 oz sticks??:eek:
You're one tuff SOB :eek: