i fell in love today

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Cut perhaps?

i don't think it's worth the hassles, so i'm guessing no. but that being said, the guy was either freakishly strong(only one guy hit with it, so it's hard to judge) or it's retarded hot. the distance wasn't incredibly impressive, but the shots going down 3rd had me playing in the grass

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i know the difference between utrip and asa isn't quite as much as most ppl make it out to be, but i've still yet to swing a utrip bat that wasn't better than the best asa bats given adequate break in.

you have to realize there's a reason the juice isn't and never was asa approved and the RD28 was not only approved, but post-abi as well, so very unlikely it passed by accident.

that doesn't necessarily mean you couldn't have outhit the juice with your RD28, but it does surprise me a bit since they are pretty close in specs/feel. seems like you need to have a above average rd and a below average juice for that to happen

personally i found the juice much closer to the geezer than the rd28

1ahn1

Addicted to Softballfans
J-Rook, you still have that utrip RD I sold you awhile back? Or did you bust that thing and replace it? You're a biiiiiiiiiig guy, so I could see that happening. :D

Glad you luv the ASA RD. I know I tried to tell you when I sold you the utrip version and that was before pricing got the the stupid levels they've reached. That's why guys like SteveO and myself started hoarding early. Especially since the numbers were limited. Dumb as it seems, people have paid as high as $500 for a niw ASA RD.

GT, I know the RD was released after the announcement of the then new ABI standards, but there was somkind of loophole regarding manufacturing date. I was under the impression that the ASA RD's (and maybe the Flyswatter's too?)were made prior to the deadline date, but released afterwards. Which was supposed to be okay with ASA.

Can anybody clarify this?
Cuz I just made the above statement as fact on another thread, and now I'm wondering if I put my foot in my mouth.:eek:

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
J-Rook, you still have that utrip RD I sold you awhile back? Or did you bust that thing and replace it? You're a biiiiiiiiiig guy, so I could see that happening. :D

Glad you luv the ASA RD. I know I tried to tell you when I sold you the utrip version and that was before pricing got the the stupid levels they've reached. That's why guys like SteveO and myself started hoarding early. Especially since the numbers were limited. Dumb as it seems, people have paid as high as $500 for a niw ASA RD.

GT, I know the RD was released after the announcement of the then new ABI standards, but there was somkind of loophole regarding manufacturing date. I was under the impression that the ASA RD's (and maybe the Flyswatter's too?)were made prior to the deadline date, but released afterwards. Which was supposed to be okay with ASA.

Can anybody clarify this?
Cuz I just made the above statement as fact on another thread, and now I'm wondering if I put my foot in my mouth.:eek:

Oh gawd. That OG utrip RD28 is probably in a dumpster in the DeMarini parkinglot. That was the first bat I bought on the boards. thanks for getting me addicted, *** hole!!!! J/k.

1ahn1

Addicted to Softballfans
Ur Welcome! LOL!

I never took a shine to the utrip version. I ended up selling all but one of my utrip RD's. It's a very different bat for me compared to the asa RD.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i've heard a lot of rumours about the RD and testing.

heard they let it go because it was limited edition already, and all they would have done is tell demarini to stop making them anyway.

heard the first round of post-abi testing wasn't much better than pre-abi

i've never heard/seen any evidence to support any of these claims though

in the end all you need to know you can find out from swinging one. i have, and for me, there's a reason i don't have one

1ahn1

Addicted to Softballfans
i've heard a lot of rumours about the RD and testing.

heard they let it go because it was limited edition already, and all they would have done is tell demarini to stop making them anyway.

heard the first round of post-abi testing wasn't much better than pre-abi

i've never heard/seen any evidence to support any of these claims though

in the end all you need to know you can find out from swinging one. i have, and for me, there's a reason i don't have one

All personal preference. That's why I own more than I should.:D

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i own more than i should be i like to collect things.
i mean i justify it because i've been supplying team bats for awhile, so it's nice to have variety. or i want to have a bat for when i'm tired, and a bat for cold weather, a bat for mush balls, etc.

in the end, there's still just one bat that i hit with 90% of the time. the rest just provide some variety to keep it interesting. and i want to keep trying new things to see if any of them can knock the gamer off its throne.

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
guys, i want a NIW or good shaped 28oz ASA RD28. PM me and we can work something out.

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 3 but....

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AM I TO BUY ANY MORE BATS. UNLESS I REALLY WANT IT.

Sold it because it was in pretty bad shape. I'm using the money to buy a NIW. Plus my Juice busted last night. So I have 2 empty spots on my bat rack and as far as my girl knows, 10 bats=10 bats. So I no longer have my busted Juice and beat to **** RD28, but by this time next week, I'll have a NIW and a used RD28